View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.30%
  • Ted Kord

41 47.13%
  • Jaime Reyes

44 50.57%
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Marvel gives Mexicans (well Mayans and Indigenous people) their own empire in the MCU and is making them a force to be reckoned with having them go against Wakanda, DC gives their Mexican hero a streaming movie that nobody will watch. Please get DC the hell away from WB!
    This is a Twitter troll comment if I ever saw one. Why would you compare namor to blue beetle. Marvels aquamans to a third legacy hero who is bonded to a piece of alien hardware. 23 straight films of Caucasian leads before allowing a POC take lead and marvel is a hero…

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is a Twitter troll comment if I ever saw one. Why would you compare namor to blue beetle. Marvels aquamans to a third legacy hero who is bonded to a piece of alien hardware. 23 straight films of Caucasian leads before allowing a POC take lead and marvel is a hero…
    They’re both Mexican and the only Mexican heroes. One is heading to streaming and the other to theaters (with an amazing premises btw). DC stays losing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But won't they all be Atlanteans?
    MCU Atlantis is apparently a lost city/nation of the Mayans, hence the casting call for Indigenous and Mayan actors

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    MCU Atlantis is apparently a lost city/nation of the Mayans, hence the casting call for Indigenous and Mayan actors
    I guess since they can't do Atlantis like Aquaman did they may as well base it off another culture.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    They did a scene like this with Booster in a cartoon...

Extraordinary Member

They’re both Mexican and the only Mexican heroes. One is heading to streaming and the other to theaters (with an amazing premises btw). DC stays losing
    There have other mexican/mexican americans heroes in the dceu and mcu(canon and non canon) and upcoming(eternals,supergirl,shazam 2,doctor strange 2,nova etc..).
    Black panther was the 18 mcu film by the way so it was not 23 before a poc had a lead film in the mcu.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There have other mexican/mexican americans heroes in the dceu and mcu(canon and non canon) and upcoming(eternals,supergirl,shazam 2,doctor strange 2,nova etc..).
    Black panther was the 18 mcu film by the way so it was not 23 before a poc had a lead film in the mcu.
    Just wanted to make clear about the bold. In the given context, the bold is a distinction without a difference.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Jaime Reyes is so hot (16 is the legal age of consent in NJ so don't worry.) That one Young Justice scene where Atom and Bumblebee go inside him... so hot (even if they don't cure him, and the patient being cured is an integral part of my fetish.) Jaime's scream echoing from the inside...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

I love that vehicle .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Correction for the above-Sasha Calle is Colombian/Colombian american.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-23-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Haha of course they did. Man, they are just asking for the Blue Beetle movie to fail. I like Ted and I’m happy for his fans but holy hell, now it seems like they’re burying Jaime on purpose. I have no problem with Ted as the Beetle in the new JLU comic that’s coming out. He fits well with that universe. But they have a show about teen superheroes and they’ve made a point to have more POC characters. Seems like a tailor made spot for Jaime. But nope.
    I think this sounds needlessly overdramatic, and that comes from me of all people. Jaime has had 100x the exposure that Ted has had. He's been the default Blue Beetle practically since his creation and one of DC's most adapted legacy characters to date. He was on Batman: Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, the animated films, he showed up on Smallville, he was in Injustice 2 and other games, he's getting his own movie now. Ted getting one animated short, a guest spot on DCSHG or having a team-up book with his old buddy, won't bury Jaime. Even if Ted were to show up in the live-action movie as well it won't matter since he would either just make a cameo appearance or serve as a supporting character to Jaime. No offense meant but it's ironic that fans of legacy characters can sound just as paranoid about their favorites as fans of the "one true versions" tend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think this sounds needlessly overdramatic, and that comes from me of all people. Jaime has had 100x the exposure that Ted has had. He's been the default Blue Beetle practically since his creation and one of DC's most adapted legacy characters to date. He was on Batman: Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, the animated films, he showed up on Smallville, he was in Injustice 2 and other games, he's getting his own movie now. Ted getting one animated short, a guest spot on DCSHG or having a team-up book with his old buddy, won't bury Jaime. Even if Ted were to show up in the live-action movie as well it won't matter since he would either just make a cameo appearance or serve as a supporting character to Jaime. No offense meant but it's ironic that fans of legacy characters can sound just as paranoid about their favorites as fans of the "one true versions" tend to be.
    To be fair DC did that to themselves. They have introduced so many versions of the same character just changed a little bit, that it’s created fan wars! Of course fans are going to argue in favor of their preferred version… it’s only natural. DC’s biggest set back and strength is it’s legacy characters. I wish DC focused more on building up non legacies but it is what it is. Both Ted and Jaime are technically legacies tho lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!