Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Omega-level Mutant Appreciation Thread 2021

This thread is devoted to the very exclusive list of confirmed mutants that reside in Krakoa Feel free to discuss those you think should be on the list as well:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Great idea for a thread, butterflykyss!

I love seeing the grids you posted. After I "digest" (don't want to be called a 'cannibal', lol) all of this I will post more.

Right now, just wish Jean was the only one to be Omega in both TK and TP.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I love seeing the grids you posted. After I "digest" (don't want to be called a 'cannibal', lol) all of this I will post more.

I hear you, but Jean has never shown as absurdly powerful telekinetic feats as Exodus has (nearly flattening Genosha and slapping Sersi around like nothing) whereas her being an omega level telepath is fitting given that it was the power of hers that Professor X suppressed.

I think Quire should removed from the list he's died like a 100 times where's the power and what happened to should be protected at all cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I hear you, but Jean has never shown as absurdly powerful telekinetic feats as Exodus has (nearly flattening Genosha and slapping Sersi around like nothing) whereas her being an omega level telepath is fitting given that it was the power of hers that Professor X suppressed.
    Ah, good points and it was Jean's overwhelming TP that needed to be suppressed as you stated. (I never saw Exodus in action and missed him slapping Sersi around. Also do not know much about her--how powerful is she?)

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Mighty Member

I am just curious what other powers could be omega level and what other powers top off at being alpha.. like while I get why Forge is not an omega.. Taki powers are quite a step above his and I could see him being an omega but I guess he is just gonna be at the top of the mountain of alpha level mutant powers..

I wonder if any "physical" based omegas, exist. All of the powers seem psionic in nature.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maddi...nt)_(Earth-616)

This girl is an Omega level teleporter she can teleport whole facilities and even human beings but they die after wards lol. Very OP

The omega distinction will be interesting if and only if there is a larger story coming in the future about them or a time where they can do something important. Otherwise it was just some house cleaning due to some creators labeling too many characters as omega level. It seemed for while that omega level mutants were the new alpha level mutants.

I do think it is fine to have powerful characters and even some uber powerful ones like Magneto, Storm, Jean, etc., but they must have limits. So I was glad that each omega level mutant only had one omega level power. The Jean fan in me would have loved her omega power to be tk, but it makes sense that it was telepathy. Truth be told if it were up to me Xavier would have been omega for telepathy and Jean for telekinesis. Though Exodus has omega level tk and so far he is rarely used. Again limits are good. Characters that are too powerful can become problematic and sometimes are written out or hardly used.

I do want to see what is up with Legion and Mr. M. Franklin remains a question until his current story is resolved I guess. I was also happy with the new omega mutants from the other island because as we had mentioned before the original omega list was not very diverse.

I know a lot of fans wanted their favs on the list and I can be guilty of that too (Meggan should be on here for shape shifting haha..) but I am glad that we have a definitive list and hope it remains small (even with the additions). I feel like we have enough omega mutants right now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

thanks beloved! and also thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

I'm curious to see what makes the Arrakoans omega. and what specifically their power are.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This thread is devoted to the very exclusive list of confirmed mutants that reside in Krakoa Feel free to discuss those you think should be on the list as well:

I do wonder does cable without the TO virus make the cut? How does that make stryff and Xman fall?

I dislike that we mostly have psychics and reality warmers though and wish we had more oddball or unique powers in here like the goddess storm
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Well, only QQ is a duplicate TP, which was not needed. But I agree there should be some more mutants on the list with different powers.

Why not Havok? What about a shape-shifter like Copycat that could also mimic powers? What about Morph? Sunfire seems like he should be on here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wonder if any "physical" based omegas, exist. All of the powers seem psionic in nature.
    Well if strength was one it would be gentle but it seems because of Hulk its not gonna happen lol.. Hmm shape shifting should be one.. I would not mind an omega level empath now that we have omega level precogs

Molecular and gross telekinesis

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Well if strength was one it would be gentle but it seems because of Hulk its not gonna happen lol.. Hmm shape shifting should be one.. I would not mind an omega level empath now that we have omega level precogs
    That's the thing the list doesn't say someone else can't have unlimited potential in the same field, ie Jean and Quentin both being Omega telepaths. The forge example to me just means anything he makes reed or someone as smart could conceivable make something better. So if Gentle has unlimited strength even if it takes him longer to reach it than hulk he should theoretically still make the list. At least that's kind of my understanding.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/