• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 63 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667731131635631063 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    To Serve & Protect #3(sorry I'd forgot the issue number) is when Storm regained her stormcaster hammer and fought Thor. At the conclusion of the fight, Yost had Storm take Thor's hammer and use his and stormcaster's power to destroy her hammer. At the same time she overcame the influence that the hammer was having on her mind. A nice little story.

Scarlet Spider #18 is when Storm guest starred and easily defeated him when he tried to infiltrate the school to kill Wolverine. Storm was asleep at the time when he arrived, but when she got up she crashed him against a wall and sucked the oxygen from his lungs(shades of WAP).

In Avenging Spider-man he had Storm manipulate the pressure around a giant spider mutant that instantly put it in a state of shock.

This I don't dispute. She could have done this on her own, but she wasn't asked to in this case. Beast asked him, and then Magneto asked Storm to do the rest.

Agreed, there is definitely a good chance to see Storm branch out more in her powers as a solo hero. I think alot of people forget that without a team Storm is usually shown to be alot more practical and powerful.
    Ok I remember that story with thor. Thanks for posting.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ok so I was reluctant to buy the series but even with her being written down it sounds like a good story.

Also can u post scans of storm against thor and is it canon.
    I think you'd like the story, Kyss, and story from To Serve and Protect is indeed canon.

X-Men #18. Why is Storm not on the cover?

I think you'd like the story, Kyss, and story from To Serve and Protect is indeed canon.
    Im gonna try and pull myself from this couch and go pick it up. And thnks again, I've read the story I hust didnt realize this was what u were talkin sbout

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    X-Men #18. Why is Storm not on the cover?
    Is she not there for sure ?

What does everyone think about wood leaving?

Idk. i asked where is storm. Hope this moron dont remove Storm.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Im gonna try and pull myself from this couch and go pick it up. And thnks again, I've read the story I hust didnt realize this was what u were talkin sbout
    Not a problem, Kyss, and I figured you probably read the story. I also believe he co-wrote the fight with Valkerie, even though the stench of Fraction was all over the conclusion of that fight...

Is she not there for sure ?

What does everyone think about wood leaving?
    Was not aware he left the book... Who's taking over?

Marc Guggenheim

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52712

Spectacular Member

I read his interview with Marvel.com... looks like he plans on focusing on Rachel while his favorite is Jubilee. While I'm not reassured he will do a great job (especially with that Green Lantern movie on his resume) I don't really care whether he likes Storm or not... just if he can write her well.

Anyways this is for all the gamers out there. A compilation of UMvC3 Storm's swag combos and it's soooo godlike.

BANNED

Whatever happened to Slipstream?
    Him & 'ro were adorbs together for the little fling they had.

Not a problem, Kyss, and I figured you probably read the story. I also believe he co-wrote the fight with Valkerie, even though the stench of Fraction was all over the conclusion of that fight...

Ari answered this for u.. he hasn't left though yet. Last issue is number 17.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Thnk u

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    I read his interview with Marvel.com... looks like he plans on focusing on Rachel while his favorite is Jubilee. While I'm not reassured he will do a great job (especially with that Green Lantern movie on his resume) I don't really care whether he likes Storm or not... just if he can write her well.

Anyways this is for all the gamers out there. A compilation of UMvC3 Storm's swag combos and it's soooo godlike.
    With Storm getting her solo I dont mind that she doesnt get much focus on this book. As long as Pak delivers im good and honestly I dont want the masses to get Storm fatigue akin to what logan has been experiencing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I've been e-mailing with WINDRIDER about the No More Humans story. Though I did not read the graphic novel for myself, I don't plan to buy it given the treatment of Storm's powers as outlined by WINDRIDER and The Weather God. Part of the reason I believe Storm was weakened like that was to make Magneto relevant. I don't think Storm does well on a cast with other elementals. I make this assertion because her elemental powerset is so varied and powerful that often times its scaled back. If you have Storm on a team, you don't need people like Magneto and Iceman. Its really kind of redundant, if you ask me. About the only thing Magneto would add to a team with Storm on the roster is metallic control (which she should be able to do as well magnetically, but doesn't. She controls EM energies like Magneto, but uses them in a different way for different, more powerful purposes. She combines that energy with other forces he does not control for her weather feats.) The writer was obviously not happy with just having Magneto as a metal thrower, she he weakened Storm to give him a power niche to fill on the team.

I hope Iceman leaves the cast of "Amazing X-Men" when Yost comes on board for this reason. Iceman's ability is essentially to move moisture around and remove heat from his target space. Storm can do the same things and she's much more powerful. Not only can she move heat from a target space, she can also ADD heat to an area. She can also control moisture PLUS she has all the other stuff with pressure gradients, wind, atomic level control over the air, control over electricity/electrons and EM energies, etc. Iceman really doesn't have a niche to fill on a team with Storm that she can't fill. This is usually a cause for concern given that what will usually happen is Storm's powers get devalued to make another elemental like Iceman have a purpose on the team in terms of power. That said, I am still VERY hopeful and optimistic about Yost taking over AXM given how powerfully he portrayed Storm in Worlds Apart. In order to make Iceman (and, to a lesser degree, maybe Firestar) useful to the team, this is probably why the current exiting writer of AXM devalued Storm by writing her powerless in this first arc of the book that just finished. I mean, we all know that Storm has the ability to control whatever forces are present no matter where she is. There was heat, moisture and air all present in this hellish dimension both of which falls under Storm's dominion. Even when she is at a place where the forces are very different from those found on the Earth, she is still able to exercise supreme power over those forces as demonstrated in the Trion arc circa Uncanny 365. Since Storm still has her formidable H2H combat skills to rely upon if powerless, he probably just figured to write her without her powers and to kick back on her H2H so that Iceman would have a reason to be on the team.
    I would just wait for her own series.
    Like I said before, I don't really care for the x-world at this moment, it's cluttered, messy & it's repetitive.
    Storm is never going to really get the attention she deserves and unless the writers prove me wrong that's just the mindset I'll continue to have toward the x-books., she's in a better place than she was at for the last few years but she deserves a lot more and it's a step that she's getting her own series, AWAY from the x-mess.
    Last edited by Ethereal Stormultt; 05-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I would love to see a young actress with the dominnering presence of Angela Bassett along with the sex appeal and grace of Vanessa Williams.
    Yaasss !!! This exactly if they find someone who can do this ill be ecstatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Tiffany would be a great Storm.
    I love you RLAAMJR but you prefer anyone who is light and bright over someone who may be a little more darker.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    This voice actress gives me life.

Anyways, I'm not that upset about Wood leaving Adjectiveless. This book has truly failed to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I've been e-mailing with WINDRIDER about the No More Humans story. Though I did not read the graphic novel for myself, I don't plan to buy it given the treatment of Storm's powers as outlined by WINDRIDER and The Weather God. Part of the reason I believe Storm was weakened like that was to make Magneto relevant. I don't think Storm does well on a cast with other elementals. I make this assertion because her elemental powerset is so varied and powerful that often times its scaled back. If you have Storm on a team, you don't need people like Magneto and Iceman. Its really kind of redundant, if you ask me. About the only thing Magneto would add to a team with Storm on the roster is metallic control (which she should be able to do as well magnetically, but doesn't. She controls EM energies like Magneto, but uses them in a different way for different, more powerful purposes. She combines that energy with other forces he does not control for her weather feats.) The writer was obviously not happy with just having Magneto as a metal thrower, she he weakened Storm to give him a power niche to fill on the team.

I hope Iceman leaves the cast of "Amazing X-Men" when Yost comes on board for this reason. Iceman's ability is essentially to move moisture around and remove heat from his target space. Storm can do the same things and she's much more powerful. Not only can she move heat from a target space, she can also ADD heat to an area. She can also control moisture PLUS she has all the other stuff with pressure gradients, wind, atomic level control over the air, control over electricity/electrons and EM energies, etc. Iceman really doesn't have a niche to fill on a team with Storm that she can't fill. This is usually a cause for concern given that what will usually happen is Storm's powers get devalued to make another elemental like Iceman have a purpose on the team in terms of power. That said, I am still VERY hopeful and optimistic about Yost taking over AXM given how powerfully he portrayed Storm in Worlds Apart. In order to make Iceman (and, to a lesser degree, maybe Firestar) useful to the team, this is probably why the current exiting writer of AXM devalued Storm by writing her powerless in this first arc of the book that just finished. I mean, we all know that Storm has the ability to control whatever forces are present no matter where she is. There was heat, moisture and air all present in this hellish dimension both of which falls under Storm's dominion. Even when she is at a place where the forces are very different from those found on the Earth, she is still able to exercise supreme power over those forces as demonstrated in the Trion arc circa Uncanny 365. Since Storm still has her formidable H2H combat skills to rely upon if powerless, he probably just figured to write her without her powers and to kick back on her H2H so that Iceman would have a reason to be on the team.
    This is a good analysis on how storm operates with other elementals. Especially with how aaron wrote her. It was god awful.

I think im going to still check out the book but I am on the fence. I thought Carey would handle her in terms of her usage of power better though.