Page 327 of 772 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Perfectly said. No one is saying what happened today wasn't amazing it shut down some very stupid debates. But I am not gonna sit here and be unrealistic about the xoffice they gotta do more proving to get me to believe they have a plan. I mean storm could get a new fancy title added to her LONG! list of fancy titles and just do nothing except shoot lightning and throw knives. But in a surprising turn of event she could do more and actually have expansion to charachter and powerset. But that based on past track record is unlikely.
    what do you want to see her next steps be? what do you think would help correct some of the past grievances some fans have had with how she is depicted?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yh like don't just say the goddess and then not show what that means. And her divinity is separate from her mutation that should be addressed. I would have loved a new book for storm and her interactions with the arrako mutants they showing her the way and helping her grow.
    right and agreed. I think it would be awesome for her ancestry to be explored the difficult thing though now is the xoffices are focused on elements that reinforce "i am mutant hear me roar" to ensure solidarity. I dont see them highlighting stories that put a spotlight on her characterization that deviates from that, which talking about her godhead or ancestors who delve in magic would do..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As I posted in the issue thread...it's so refreshing to see mutants using their powers together to create rather than to fight and defend themselves. And I can imagine it's even more poignant for Storm who values life and creation and nature on a deeper, more spiritual level. And especially on such a grand, planetary scale.
    I am imagining just how every molecule of her being was bathed in divine light and power. How extraordinary it must have felt to be doing the Bright Lady's work in those moments.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

So Storm is going to be base on Mars now?
    What is her role now?

Very honestly I felt Storm Magneto and the Sea and Ground Arkii were all that was needed to terreform Mars. Not sure as to why Vulcan was there Storm and Mag could of done his job by combining abilities. And what was the point of Iceman.

Overall the feat was awesome. Atmosphere,climate, and setting up ocean,wind& ground currents, and ect .... Plantery feat within minutes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what do you want to see her next steps be? what do you think would help correct some of the past grievances some fans have had with how she is depicted?
    Make universe impacting decisions. Like I want her to be more active in this era whilst her lineage is explored storm is not just the xmen she is more than that. I want to know about her grand parents are the still there how are they doing. I just want more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So Storm is going to be base on Mars now?
    What is her role now?

Very honestly I felt Storm Magneto and the Sea and Ground Arkii were all that was needed to terreform Mars. Not sure as to why Vulcan was there Storm and Mag could of done his job by combining abilities. And what was the point of Iceman.

Overall the feat was awesome. Atmosphere,climate, and setting up ocean,wind& ground currents, and ect .... Plantery feat within minutes.
    It was an omega affair it would be rude to not invite all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why didn't you care for it, if you don't mind going into that detail?
    I have always said that it's dumb that Storm is a weather manipulator and all she does is shoot lightning. Still it's very easy for these writers to throw a power feat her way and then be done with the character. And that's all this was. Impressive, but that doesn't help the character move forward. She once again has no real dialogue. No presence. No voice. Her lines could have been given to anyone and nothing would change in the story. She is just there, again. Power expansion is nice but at this point the character needs forward momentum more than anything else right now. Period. So I just don't care about what big power displays she is doing. Can they actually, develop her role in the franchise in a meaningful way first? This was just more of the same.

Another thin display for this character. But thankfully, Magneto was significant here, cause lord knows he is definitely suffering in development and characterization right? It's just comical at this point. Storm clearly wasn't meant to be the focus here and SWORD is maybe where we will actually get what I am talking about. But there is no point in trying to be satisfied or making excuses for the scraps they throw this character's way. I respect everyone's opinion as it is their own, but I don't personally see how anyone could be satisfied with what we were given with Storm today. I am done giving credit and accepting the bare minimum with this character. After languishing this long I don't give any writer or creator the benefit of the doubt anymore. Put up or shut up. That's harsh but when Storm has been an afterthought for this long, I don't care.

The actual issue and story itself is fine, but if one were looking for a Storm fix, it didn't do it for me.
    Last edited by Saturius; 06-16-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

I really liked Planet Size. maybe I underestimated Duggan. now looking forward to S.W.O.R.D.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As I posted in the issue thread...it's so refreshing to see mutants using their powers together to create rather than to fight and defend themselves. And I can imagine it's even more poignant for Storm who values life and creation and nature on a deeper, more spiritual level. And especially on such a grand, planetary scale.
    I am imagining just how every molecule of her being was bathed in divine light and power. How extraordinary it must have felt to be doing the Bright Lady's work in those moments.
    My thoughts exactly, I thought it was a stunning display of power and grace for her character so I was very happy. But even more importantly the issue also gave us a pretty clear picture of what her role will be going forward as it heavily hints she’ll be regent of Sol, which is an interesting position even if not all the details of what that means are readily apparent. I expect Ewing to delve into this as that position seems to conflict with Frenzy’s role as Sol’s representative who also mediates conflicts with intergalactic powers.

Hopefully he’ll provide some clarification on who’s job is what, which isn’t even getting into the whole new world of possibilities of Storm just living on another planet or her relationship to the mysterium which was hinted at in the Reign of X teaser pic. Lots of interesting new narrative directions are now available to Storm so I’m excited. The power display was nice but the real gem here is the signal that Storm is finally getting a strong, leading role within the narrative of Krakoa, one that places her in the cosmic space written by one of the best writers in the industry
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-16-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Speaking of Iceman, anyone figure out how he was able to pull off that stunt? Where was he getting all that moisture from?

Make universe impacting decisions. Like I want her to be more active in this era whilst her lineage is explored storm is not just the xmen she is more than that. I want to know about her grand parents are the still there how are they doing. I just want more.
    we all want more. its been way overdue. it feels like we say the same thing because there has been so much lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Speaking of Iceman, anyone figure out how he was able to pull off that stunt? Where was he getting all that moisture from?
    I thought it was revealed that he could generate ice by force of will quite a long time ago. Maybe Xmen Forever when he was first shown as an omega?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    My thoughts exactly, I thought it was a stunning display of power and grace for her character so I was very happy. But even more importantly the issue also gave us a pretty clear picture of what her role will be going forward as it heavily hints she’ll be regent of Sol, which is an interesting position even if not all the details of what that means are readily apparent. I expect Ewing to delve into this as that position seems to conflict with Frenzy’s role as Sol’s representative who also mediates conflicts with intergalactic powers.

Hopefully he’ll provide some clarification on who’s job is what, which isn’t even getting into the whole new world of possibilities of Storm just living on another planet or her relationship to the mysterium which was hinted at in the Reign of X teaser pic. Lots of interesting new narrative directions are now available to Storm so I’m excited. The power display was nice but the real gem here is the signal that Storm is finally getting a strong, leading role within the narrative of Krakoa, one that places her in the cosmic space written by one of the best writers in the industry
    I hear you. While the Sol's Regent thing has potential to be awesome in a whole other way...I'm not one to give in to wishful thinking and speculation. (I usually prefer to see how it's presented on the page and then think on it). I am very interested in that development, don't get me wrong but...as with this issue, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I'm waiting to see what Ewing does with it. He hasn't let me down, yet.

On the subject...seeing as there are two SWORD stations, might Storm be the leader in charge of SII (I don't see Brand giving up SI) and if so, I wonder who will be under Storm's direction. THAT could be worthy of some speculation.

and for anyone's betterment edification...it was revealed on twitter Stefano Caselli will be the new artist on SWORD.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-16-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Someone just made me aware that the regent of Sol could be namor as a way for him to side with krakoa and honestly I won't be shocked.

Yeah, so many threads they can go. Regent of Sol would be awesome, although I can also see her taking over S.W.O.R.D. 2.0. Either way, next week's S.W.O.R.D. will be interesting. I'm keeping my expectations on neutral.