Page 111 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 11611011071081091101111121131141151211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 20773
    Fantastic Member

And some big TPBs:

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: UNDER SIEGE TPB
    Volume #16 in the Avengers Epic Collections
    Written by ROGER STERN, BILL MANTLO, DANNY FINGEROTH & STEVE ENGLEHART
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, DAVE ROSS, STEVE DITKO & MARK BRIGHT
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    The Masters of Evil take Avengers Mansion! In one of the greatest comic-book epics of all time, Baron Zemo strikes at the very heart of the Avengers as he leads a revamped and larger-than-ever Masters of Evil in an attack on the team's home -- and wins! And as if that wasn't enough, Earth's Mightiest Heroes must survive the climax of SECRET WARS II, and a battle for the ages between Kang and Immortus! The Sub-Mariner's membership leads to public protests, but that won't stop the Avengers and Alpha Flight from lending a hand during Attuma's assault on Atlantis. Meanwhile an old friend turns enemy: What's gotten into Quicksilver? Two teams of Avengers will assemble to find out! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #264-277, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #39, AVENGERS ANNUAL #15 and WEST COAST AVENGERS ANNUAL #1.
    456 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9539-9

AVENGERS/IRON MAN: FORCE WORKS TPB
    Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
    Penciled by TOM TENNEY, DAVID TAYLOR, STEWART JOHNSON, JIM CALAFIORE, DAVE ROSS,
    JIM CHEUNG & MORE
    Cover by TOM TENNEY
    Before they reinvented the Guardians of the Galaxy, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning transformed the Avengers West Coast into Force Works! And fueled by the Scarlet Witch's uncanny hex powers, this new team is going proactive! But who's in charge: Wanda or Iron Man? As tragedy strikes, one Avenger won't live to work with this forceful new group for long. With the squad in need of a new powerhouse, will the enigmatic Century fit the bill? He'd better, in light of deadly threats including the invading Kree, alien scavengers and the cyborg Black Brigade! Will Force Works meet defeat at the hands of the Mandarin and his Avatars, or live to see a reunion with the Avengers? Collecting FORCE WORKS #1-11, #12 (main story) and #13-15; FORCE WORKS ASHCAN EDITION; CENTURY: DISTANT SONS; and material from IRON MAN/FORCE WORKS COLLECTORS' PREVIEW.
    472 PGS./Rated T ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90056-4

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY -- THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by DAN SLOTT, MARC GUGGENHEIM, BOB GALE & ZEB WELLS
    Penciled by PHIL JIMENEZ, STEVE MCNIVEN, SALVADOR LARROCA, CHRIS BACHALO, BARRY KITSON,
    MARCOS MARTIN, MIKE MCKONE & PAULO SIQUEIRA
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Beginning a complete collection of one of the most celebrated eras in Spider-history! His world was turned upside down by the events of "One More Day," Peter Parker puts the past behind him and sets forth on a "Brand New Day!" It's a status-quo swing shift like no other -- with new friends, new foes and some familiar faces -- and Peter's life has never been crazier. If major changes at the Daily Bugle, blizzard conditions and the live-streaming foe Screwball weren't bad enough, the rampage of the furious Freak will have Spidey calling for his Avengers teammates and an all-new adventurer! Face it, Tiger, you just met Jackpot! Plus: It's web-slinger vs. wall-crawler when "The Other Spider-Man" invades the neighborhood! Collecting FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2007 (SPIDER-MAN), AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #546-564 and SPIDER-MAN: SWING SHIFT DIRECTOR'S CUT.
    520 PGS./Rated T+ ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9561-0

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL VOL. 0: DON'T CALL IT A TEAM-UP TPB
    Written by JOE KELLY, FABIAN NICIEZA, DANIEL WAY, KEVIN SHINICK, BRIAN POSEHN, GERRY DUGGAN & CHRIS HASTINGS
    Penciled by PETE WOODS, PATRICK ZIRCHER, ERIC CANETE, CARLO BARBERI, AARON KUDER, MIKE HAWTHORNE & JACOPO CAMAGNI
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Two great tastes that taste great together! As Spidey and Deadpool fast-talk their way into an ongoing buddy book at last, grab the full story of their unlikely bromance. Through the magic of comics (and time travel), Wade Wilson steps into the swinging shoes of a young Peter Parker! Then, the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler and the anti-social there-goes-the-neighborhood merc trade blows and "yo mama" quips. If friendship blossoms during encounters with Hit-Monkey and the Hypno-Hustler, will that jerk Otto Octavius ruin everything by being all Superior? And could dreams come true for DP -- swapping those stinky red-and-blacks for the good ol' red-and-blues?! Collecting DEADPOOL (1997) #11, CABLE & DEADPOOL #24, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #611, DEADPOOL (2008) #19-21, AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #12-13, DEADPOOL (2012) #10 and DEADPOOL ANNUAL #2.
    272 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90084-7

STAR BRAND: NEW UNIVERSE VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by JIM SHOOTER, CARY BATES,
    GEORGE CARAGONNE, BOBBIE CHASE, ROY THOMAS
    & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR., ALEX SAVIUK,
    ARVELL JONES, KEITH GIFFEN, MARK BAGLEY,
    GEOF ISHERWOOD & HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    There is one weapon in the galaxy more powerful than all others. Nothing is more coveted or feared, loved or hated. To dare possess it makes you a fool or madman -- or, quite possibly, the right man! A mysterious encounter with an old stranger is about to leave Ken Connell as the latest to wield the power of the Star Brand! With this incredible tattoo come staggering abilities: flight, strength, near-invulnerability and the explosive force of an atom bomb. But it also attracts enemies: aliens seeking to claim the Star Brand for their own, nuke-toting terrorists -- even other adventurers from this New Universe, like the armored Spitfire! Ken Connell can't even be a good boyfriend -- could he possibly have it in him to be a hero? Collecting STAR BRAND #1-10 and ANNUAL #1, and SPITFIRE AND THE TROUBLESHOOTERS #5.
    320 PGS./Rated T+ ...$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9540-5

X-FACTOR: GENESIS & APOCALYPSE TPB
    Written by ROGER STERN, JOHN BYRNE, BOB LAYTON, LOUISE SIMONSON & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, JOHN BYRNE,
    JACKSON GUICE, KEITH POLLARD, MARC SILVESTRI,
    TERRY SHOEMAKER, BOB LAYTON & MORE
    Cover by RON FRENZ
    As one of the greatest X-Men of all makes her triumphant return, and one of mutantkind's deadliest threats debuts! When Jean Grey is found alive -- with a little help from the Avengers and Fantastic Four -- she reunites with the rest of Xavier's original class to form X-Factor! But as Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman face new enemies Tower and Frenzy, little do they know the villains are part of an Alliance of Evil led by...Apocalypse! They'll encounter uncanny new foes like Bulk and Glow Worm, and old sparring partners in Freedom Force, but there's no question who will rise to the role of their arch-nemesis. The story of En Sabah Nur begins here! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #263, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #286, X-FACTOR (1986) #1-9 and ANNUAL #1, and material from CLASSIC X-MEN #8 and #43.
    384 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90068-7

X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE -- TWILIGHT TPB
    Written by TERRY KAVANAGH, AKIRA YOSHIDA, TONY BEDARD, BENNY POWELL, WARREN ELLIS,
    MARIANO NICIEZA, RICK REMENDER & MORE
    Penciled by LUKE ROSS, CHRIS BACHALO,
    JIM CALAFIORE, HECTOR GOMEZ, KEVIN HOPGOOD, DAVE WILKINS & MORE
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    When reality was restored, what happened to the Age of Apocalypse? Find out right here! With Apocalypse destroyed, surely it's happy ever after for Magneto and his X-Men? Not if Sinister has his way! Blink and Sabretooth revisit their home dimension, dragging the Exiles along for the ride, while a little piece of home finds Nate Grey, exiled in the Marvel Universe! And don't forget the Dark Beast and the AoA Hulk! Plus: What if things happened very differently? Collecting X-MAN #53-54, X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1-6, EXILES (2001) #60-61, WHAT IF? (1989) #77 and #81, and WHAT IF? X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE -- plus material from X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE ONE-SHOT, HULK: BROKEN WORLDS #2, X-MEN PRIME, X-MEN: ENDANGERED SPECIES, EXILES: DAYS OF THEN AND NOW and OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: X-MEN -- AGE OF APOCALYPSE 2005.
    520 PGS./Rated T+ ...$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9561-0

X-MEN: THE RISE OF APOCALYPSE TPB
    Written by TERRY KAVANAGH, JAMES FELDER, PETER MILLIGAN, FRANK TIERI, BEN RAAB & STAN LEE
    Penciled by ADAM POLLINA, JOHN PAUL LEON, CLAYTON HENRY, JIM CHEUNG & JACK KIRBY
    Cover by ADAM POLLINA
    Follow the epic journey of a baby from ancient Egypt, cast out for the color of his pale blue skin, as he rises through the ages to become humanity's greatest enemy! Rescued and raised to believe in the survival of the fittest, the child of destiny known as En Sabah Nur is targeted by the pharaoh's scheming vizier Ozymandias -- and the time-traveling Rama-Tut! Millennia later, join timetorn Cyclops and Phoenix in the 19th century, caught between Apocalypse and Mister Sinister! Then discover the centuries-old rivalry between two dark lords: En Sabah Nur and Dracula himself! And in the Middle Ages, Apocalypse pits Exodus against the Black Knight! It's the hidden history of Apocalypse in one time-twisting tome! Collecting RISE OF APOCALYPSE #1-4, FURTHER ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX #1-4, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE/DRACULA #1-4, BLACK KNIGHT: EXODUS and FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #19.
    400 PGS./Rated T+ ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90069-4

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Marvel is really testing the Star Wars fans releasing that Phantom Menace adaptation in OHC.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks guys. I plan on picking up pretty much everything you guys reccomended. In fact alot of them I was allready eyeing. As for the untold tales omni, definitely going to get that around the time of the amazing spiderman vol1 omni repint. Hopefully vol 2 will get reprinted as well, otherwise it goes for 200$+ new. Im not really a person who likes to buy used books. Anything else?

I was looking at maximum carnage. I love the super nintendo game based off it, use to play that a lot in my childhood. But from what ive read and heard around here its a horrible story. Is it really as bad as everyone says? Isn't it the first appearance of carnage?
    A LOT of people hate the entire Clone Saga. The only parts that are well reviewed is the stuff by JM DeMatteis.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hey, X-Factor reprint. Cool. Another one on the super X-Men custom bind set I may do it 10 years.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    A LOT of people hate the entire Clone Saga. The only parts that are well reviewed is the stuff by JM DeMatteis.
    Maximum Carnage isn't part of the Clone Saga. Predates it by about a year. It is bad though. I'm carried through a lot of 90s stuff by nostalgia (even though the early Ben-as-Spider-Man issues have some great moments) so it helps if you have that sentimental connection to it. I liked the roster of Spidey artists during Max Carnage though - Bagley, Lyle, Lim, Buscema and Saviuk.

Why they are reprinting ASM 1 and not 2 is beyond me.

Also, that Todd Mc Omnibus --is it even worth it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Wait what. They recollected the Inferno TBP?

What brought this about?
    Not merely a recollection of the old Inferno TPB. This time will be at least two (already solicited) volumes, comprising essentially all of the obscenely overpriced OOP OHC plus a few things from the Crossovers omni.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

It looks like the Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus is being cleared out. I thought they were long gone? Isn't a second printing due in March?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Marvel is really testing the Star Wars fans releasing that Phantom Menace adaptation in OHC.
    Has anyone read this story? Is it any good? I love the Aaron series so far and I would really love to have a nice OHC of a good SW comic on my shelf.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member

I've always wanted to read brand new day.

Do you think it will ever be released in hardcovers or omnibus?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Todd Mcfarlane Spider-man Omni is due in April?!
    I could've sworn it was originally a June release.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Todd Mcfarlane Spider-man Omni is due in April?!
    I could've sworn it was originally a June release.
    Still shows as Aug 16 on Hachette's site:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302900731/

Is the significance of April that it is the deadline by which retailers need to have their orders submitted? I've seen this disparity in previous monthly solicitations, but if has been explained in our threads, I must have missed it.

Spectacular Member

^I think you're correct about retailers' orders. Collections are always solicited several months further out than floppies, I think due to the longer manufacturing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Maximum Carnage isn't part of the Clone Saga. Predates it by about a year. It is bad though.
    I have a feeling FlashingSabre is mixing it up with Maximum Clonage. Ugh that name is just so 90's, isn't it? Let's release a crappy miniseries that's obviously stolen its name from another crappy miniseries (yep, I also think Maximum Carnage sucks).

Though while the subject of the Clone Saga is running, I finally managed to snag the last volume I needed to have all 12 volumes (Original Saga, Clone 1-5, Ben Reilly 1-6) and I didn't mind maybe 75% of it. I liked most of the stories running in the four main Spider-Man titles, what I tended to hate was the one-shots and limited series that were obviously trying to cash in on its early popularity. Spider-Man Unlimited was also a drag, I would always put the book down if I ran across an issue of that. I preferred the later Ben Reilly as Spider-Man rather than the earlier Scarlet Spider, and while I liked Seward Trainer I thought Judas Traveller and Scrier were pointless. I also liked Ben's supporting cast, like the folks at the coffee shop and Jessica.

I'm currently reading what came after the Saga (finished Spider-Hunt and Identity Crisis, about to start Gathering of Five) and I can't believe that Scrier is still hanging around. Ugh.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 01-19-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

Hey, so I was at a local used book shop today and spotted Annihilation book 2, this hard cover thing collecting 3 mini-series, for 6 bucks. I picked it up, despite not being familiar with the characters or the story. How necessary is volume one to enjoying this? How many volumes are there?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I've always wanted to read brand new day.

Do you think it will ever be released in hardcovers or omnibus?
    I thought that there would be OSHCs of Brand New Day because at the time Marvel was releasing consecutive Amazing Spider-man OSHCs starting with the beginning of JMS' run up until One More Day (JMS' last ASM story) which was not collected in an oversized edition. However, Marvel only released a couple of OSHCs (Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth) from the Big Time era up until Superior Spider-man. I am excited to see OSHCs being released going forward, but would like to see some of these large gaps be filled with OSHC or Omnibuses instead of tpb. I am holding out hope, even though Marvel is currently going the tpb route. It is not unheard of for Marvel to release collected editions before releasing Omnibuses.

That said, if you haven't read these issues then I would recommend getting the tpbs.