Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    So does this mean that COIS is Canon again at least in some form or another?
    Absolutely. That's where the tower is from.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I don't think it's that they are all made of the same metal, so much as they all draw energy from the same place. I assume this is the Dark Multiverse that's been teased so much.
    Right. They all draw their power from the Dark Matter
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Batman and Mister Terrific also go in another secret room and Batman says it's time to let "him" out. The picture shows a large, metal container with red, yellow and black stripes. It kind of reminds me of Captain Atom's Charlton costume. I don't know if that's who is inside or not. But that was my first thought.
    It's Plastic Man.

I think that Batman having the Detective Comics team, the Justice League of America, and the Outsiders in addition to his League duties is very redundant. Particularly the latter two. He specifically formed the JLA as in preparation for Dark Days, so it fills pretty much the same role as the Outsiders. One of the two will need to change their MO if they expect to launch an Outsiders book. Right now it looks to be the height of redundancy. That being said, it's a much better roster that JLA, and I'm not quite sure what the actual point of JLA is, so that may be the larger issue.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 06-14-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I think that Batman having the Detective Comics team, the Justice League of America, and the Outsiders is very redundant. Particularly the latter two. He specifically formed the JLA as in preparation for Dark Days, so it fills pretty much the same role as the Outsiders. One of the two will need to change their MO if they expect to launch an Outsiders book. Right now it looks to be the height of redundancy. That being said, it's a much better roster that JLA, and I'm not quite sure what the actual point of JLA is, so that may be the larger issue.
    Wait, I think you misread. Only The Outsiders were formed to investigate the metals/Dark Days. The Outsiders the issue says were created by Batman to keep the JLA and govts out of the investigation (for whatever reasons).

So, if The Outsiders happen after all this, they will either a) continue to deal with the dark matter verse (probably my guess), or b) get a new purpose.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Default Locked underneath Atlantis?

I haven't seen this discussed too much yet, but what was Batman referring to in his conversation with Aquaman? What's underneath Atlantis?

BANNED

That being said, it's a much better roster that JLA,.
    Very debatable. I personally find the original Outsiders pretty meh, and while JLA has been a mess of a book, in their own right, Ray, Dinah, and Ryan are all great characters, and even Frost is on her way to being one. I'm indifferent toward Vixen and Bats isn't going anywhere, so the only character really holding the JLA back is the atrocity that is Lobo. Get him out of there and replace him with someone half decent, and the JLA roster would be superior.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Wait, I think you misread. Only The Outsiders were formed to investigate the metals/Dark Days. The Outsiders the issue says were created by Batman to keep the JLA and govts out of the investigation (for whatever reasons).

So, if The Outsiders happen after all this, they will either a) continue to deal with the dark matter verse, or b) get a new purpose.
    If Batman didn't form the JLA to deal with the Dark Multiverse or doesn't trust them to the extent that he creates a whole new team rather than get them involved, what was the point of the JLA in the first place? (In or out of universe, I ask: Seriously, what is the point of that book?)
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If Batman didn't form the JLA to deal with the Dark Multiverse or doesn't trust them to the extent that he creates a whole new team rather than get them involved, what was the point of the JLA in the first place? (In or out of universe, I ask: Seriously, what is the point of that book?)
    Well, Batman didn't form the (historical overall) JLA anyway unilaterally, many did. Two, we are to believe that Batman trusted the JLA as far as every other big cosmic threat facing Earth/the universe...just not with this dark matter/metal threat/concern/question thing.

Of course Batman can say "Yea, I kept you out for a bit on this one, but I planned to bring you in if I needed to, which is what I'm doing now, so give me a break"

EDIT: Oh when you said JLA, you meant Batman's offshoot thing. You may have a point on that one.

I think we can't be sure which JLA Tynion was referring to there. The overall historical one or Batman's thing.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's Plastic Man.
    Oh yeah, I noticed the yellow diamond shape now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Do we know this for sure? Or is it just speculation?
    It's for sure. That comes straight from Scott Snyder's mouth.

BANNED

I think it's pretty obvious the real-world reason for JLA existing is just so they can have a 2nd Justice League book featuring their major cash cow.

how is mister miracle going to freak out about the infinite crisis tower but then just disappear when batman tells him to? major PIS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how is mister miracle going to freak out about the infinite crisis tower but then just disappear when batman tells him to? major PIS
    Seriously. Scott's presence was just a tease, and there's no reason he'd just listen to Bruce like that in this situation.

yes, he should have locked bruce in chains, called the cosmic police, and dragged him to new genesis.