Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Sonic Trailer With Improved Design

Fantastic Member

Muuuuuuuuuch f***ing better!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm actually interested in seeing the movie now.

Huh. Other than Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, I can't think of the last time a video game turned movie used music from the video game.

*shrugs* I'm on board now, I'll check this out.

Credit where credit's due, that redesign looks 100% better. He actually really looks like Sonic now.

So we're getting the "Sonic's world is from another dimension/planet" thing with a game-accurate Green Hill Zone.

I wonder if Sonic ever calls Robotnik "Eggman" at some point. It wouldn't really make sense while he's still skinny. And you can tell Jim Carrey is having the time of his life playing him.

I'm interested now I will say that. Changing the Look somehow made his voice work better for me too now seems perfect.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Everything looked better with this trailer. From the look and tone to the music choices. I seriously wonder who thought Gansters Paradise had any place in a Sonic trailer that first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Everything looked better with this trailer. From the look and tone to the music choices. I seriously wonder who thought Gansters Paradise had any place in a Sonic trailer that first time around.
    Probaly was going for a so weird it's funny vibe lol.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

princess zelda approves of this.

New trailer sure makes the movie look more interesting, although I wonder how they'll explain Jim Carey's black-haired Robotnik becoming the red-haired guy we saw in the original trailer (that bit at the end were we see the character looking like his classic self)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Any idea how much this would cost to do? Like 10% the budget or more for the redesign? I have no clue just curious

Well props to paramount for actually listening to the fans. I think I might actually see this movie now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Is there a Sega Studios now? Cause now I'm wondering what the next game-to-movie will be.

Here's a list of all the franchises owned by Sega, as well as acquired by Sega.

As for this movie, again, I'm there opening day, but I just realized if it gets a sequel...hello Tails. :/ I've always been lukewarm to the character, but Knuckles is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    New trailer sure makes the movie look more interesting, although I wonder how they'll explain Jim Carey's black-haired Robotnik becoming the red-haired guy we saw in the original trailer (that bit at the end were we see the character looking like his classic self)?
    Looking at that scene in the original trailer where Robotnik zaps himself with Sonic's quills, it's probably Sonic's energy that starts transforming him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is there a Sega Studios now? Cause now I'm wondering what the next game-to-movie will be.

Here's a list of all the franchises owned by Sega, as well as acquired by Sega.

As for this movie, again, I'm there opening day, but I just realized if it gets a sequel...hello Tails. :/ I've always been lukewarm to the character, but Knuckles is awesome.
    A lot of people are speculating that the scene at the end of the last trailer with a relatively more game-accurate looking Robotnik was from Mushroom Hill (which is from Sonic & Knuckles).

I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel features the human characters coming to Sonic's world and we get more of the game characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh. Other than Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, I can't think of the last time a video game turned movie used music from the video game.

*shrugs* I'm on board now, I'll check this out.
    Detective Pikachu used a lot of music.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium