Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Becoming headmaster, doesnt automatically grant you legal ownership of the school. Its a job/position. I highly doubt ownership was transferred throughout any of the headmaster changes.

With that said, who actually owns the school now is interesting. For one it is not the original building that Xavier owned, nor is it on his estate. Even if X were to reveal himself, he shouldnt technically have any claimi to the school that Kitty is running
    He probably put it in his will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This issue was good, but let’s hold off on calling Rosenberg a legend. He has a lot to make up for after the catastrophe that was Phoenix: Resurrection.

Pshaw. Let's not be callin' PhoeniX Rez a catastrophe, lil' spirit. I mean, you're welcome to your opinion, of course. But don't for a minute, assume it's shared by everyone.

I enjoyed it. Especially after viewing it as the first salvo in an ongoing story, where there's still MUCH more, yet to come.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Oh you mean different reviewers have different opinions and there's no attempt to make different contributors agree with each other? Funny that... would you prefer it otherwise?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Oh you mean different reviewers have different opinions and there's no attempt to make different contributors agree with each other? Funny that... would you prefer it otherwise?
    One article says it's the pick of the week, the other says skip it. From the same site? Seems legit.

At least publish 1 giant article with multiple opinions rather than one review telling readers its great and a whole other review telling (probably the same) readers it's not worth their time.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Pshaw. Let's not be callin' PhoeniX Rez a catastrophe, lil' spirit. I mean, you're welcome to your opinion, of course. But don't for a minute, assume it's shared by everyone.

I enjoyed it. Especially after viewing it as the first salvo in an ongoing story, where there's still MUCH more, yet to come.

IT WAS TRASH!

Nothing happened for four issues, and when things finally did happen they made no sense. Why was Old Man Logan the envoy when Storm, her friend who is like a sister, was right there? This guy clearly did not read up on Jean. It was trash in a bag, but I appreciate your use of gifs. And I don’t think you have to remind people that they are welcome to their own opinion. It’s like saying that you’re free to inhale or exhale as you wish.
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 07-11-2018 at 08:52 AM.

IT WAS TRASH!

Nothing happened for four issues, and when things finally did happen they made no sense. Why was Old Man Logan the envoy when Storm, her friend who is like a sister, was right there? This guy clearly did not read up on Jean. It was trash in a bag, but I appreciate your use of gifs. And I don’t think you have to remind people that they are welcome to their own opinion. It’s like saying that you’re free to inhale or exhale as you wish.
    HA! That series was a love letter to Jean, yet you say he didn't read up on her? Even though Jean holds no romantic love towards Logan, there's no denying the impact they've had on each other's lives. And Kitty clearly picked Logan just in case he had to put Jean down, something Ororo or Scott wouldn't have wanted to do.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

IT WAS TRASH!

The Jean part of the story was interesting but...
    Shitty sidequest fights.
    Rachel got punked as usual.
    Emma's appearance had @$$ art and caused continuity errors with Hopeless' Jean book.

4/10

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    HA! That series was a love letter to Jean, yet you say he didn't read up on her? Even though Jean holds no romantic love towards Logan, there's no denying the impact they've had on each other's lives. And Kitty clearly picked Logan just in case he had to put Jean down, something Ororo or Scott wouldn't have wanted to do.
    It read like a love letter written by someone who doesn’t know what love is. Never mind that the entire “the Phoenix is bad” storyline is beyond tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Jean part of the story was interesting but...
    Shitty sidequest fights.
    Rachel got punked as usual.
    Emma's appearance had @$$ art and caused continuity errors with Hopeless' Jean book.

4/10
    I agree that the stuff going on in the Phoenix egg was the most interesting part but even it dragged after a bit. You’re right about those side quests. It would have been interesting had some of those resurrections been real.
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 07-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Beast had Banshee in death-seed stasis at the end of the Avenge the Earth arc in Uncanny Avenger's first go-round. How he managed to transfer Banshee to Harvard is some off-stage comics stuff, though it'd be funny, maybe, to see how that worked.

I wonder, separately, if Havok isn't thinking of Beast as one of his best friends due to remembering that they spent six years underground together on Planet X during that same UA arc. But Beast wouldn't remember that. But Havok should! You'd think a thought balloon or two might be reserved for the extra-memory angle. At the same time, spending long periods of time in alternate versions of reality is somewhat common to these characters. There should be therapists in the marvel universe who specialize in helping folks handle that kind of thing
    If only Rosenberg will follow the Planet X story in current arc. Though I think the chance is not very high.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

IT WAS TRASH!m

I’m not gonna blame someone for not reading up on jean and writing her the way her rabid fans want her to be written because Jean and Storm fans want both characters to be the only two x people ever doing anything and everything in a damn book with the hyper exclusion of literally everyone else. Matt Rosenberg apparently has more interesting characters they choose to focus on and hot damn characterize wonderfully. Phoenix Rez was probably his homework. ��

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I’m not gonna blame someone for not reading up on jean and writing her the way her rabid fans want her to be written because Jean and Storm fans want both characters to be the only two x people ever doing anything and everything in a damn book with the hyper exclusion of literally everyone else. Matt Rosenberg apparently has more interesting characters they choose to focus on and hot damn characterize wonderfully. Phoenix Rez was probably his homework. ��
    I’m not going to blame posters for mischaracterizing others as rabid; or making assumptions about what posters want from the cast; or using a statement about a writer not researching a character whom he was resurrecting or the relationships of the aforementioned character with others within the story he was writing as means to make blanket statements about entire fandoms.
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 07-11-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Thats rude and not fair to call Jean fans. He actually didnt mention anything about how MR wrote Jean. His Jean wasnt the problem, but rather the story and poor pacing issues and misuse of the characters that were involved. Alot of people commented on that here when the issue was released including those that hate Jean so please there's no need to be condescending towards any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats rude and not fair to call Jean fans. He actually didnt mention anything about how MR wrote Jean. His Jean wasnt the problem, but rather the story and poor pacing issues and misuse of the characters that were involved. Alot of people commented on that here when the issue was released including those that hate Jean so please there's no need to be condescending towards any of them
    Fandom gets rabid. It’s ok. It’s part of why we come here’s to dismantle and dish. It’s all love but I mean look at the Appreciation threads. I’m just saying, that Rosenberg has handled a couple of “reunion” titles so far and you can tell in his writing what characters he obviously enjoys writing. New Mutants Dead Souls gives wonderfully illustrated voices to the starring characters! In saying that it’s easy to see why someone would be less than exuberant as a new writer to pen certain vharacters that spend a LOT of time in the limelight like Logan, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyke, Kitty,Emma etc.... it’s because the franchise has other characters like even Polaris (whom I loathe) but deserve more of a focus in the main books because they get shunted to wallpaper or get reduced to Glob Hermany one liners to fully satisfy a more ‘popular’ characters plot.
    I.e- Storm gets constantly referenced as a ‘supporting’ character for Jean and all her resurrections but we so rarely see Jean playing support for Storm. WTF? The last time we saw that was in X-Treme. And yeah, it can feel disproportionate.

I’m just glad a writer has found characters he likes a lot, clearly and that he’s getting a chance to condense his story with them into one book that’s getting good reviews. Even better that it be a B-List Xbook with Dazzler in it. Lol.

And before people jump on my back here, let’s not forget that White Hot Room Jean cameo’d all over the damn place this past decade to lend spiritual support for randos like Emma but her ass didn’t show up once for Storm not even in her mini so naw.

Fandom gets rabid. It’s ok. It’s part of why we come here’s to dismantle and dish. It’s all love but I mean look at the Appreciation threads. I’m just saying, that Rosenberg has handled a couple of “reunion” titles so far and you can tell in his writing what characters he obviously enjoys writing. New Mutants Dead Souls gives wonderfully illustrated voices to the starring characters! In saying that it’s easy to see why someone would be less than exuberant as a new writer to pen certain vharacters that spend a LOT of time in the limelight like Logan, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyke, Kitty,Emma etc.... it’s because the franchise has other characters like even Polaris (whom I loathe) but deserve more of a focus in the main books because they get shunted to wallpaper or get reduced to Glob Hermany one liners to fully satisfy a more ‘popular’ characters plot.
    I.e- Storm gets constantly referenced as a ‘supporting’ character for Jean and all her resurrections but we so rarely see Jean playing support for Storm. WTF? The last time we saw that was in X-Treme. And yeah, it can feel disproportionate.

I’m just glad a writer has found characters he likes a lot, clearly and that he’s getting a chance to condense his story with them into one book that’s getting good reviews. Even better that it be a B-List Xbook with Dazzler in it. Lol.
    The thing is Jean has been dead for 14 years, so the focus hasnt been on her in a long time. MR is a self proclaimed fan and I buy that based on the passion he had going into this and what he wrote for Jean, when we finally got her, but it took 4 issues of not much happening before he got to that point. The mini was inconsistent with the Jean Grey solo which directly led into this and better coordination probably could have resulted in a better resurrection story.

The last time we saw Jean play supporting to Storm was in X-treme as you mentioned and thats bc thats the last time she was alive. She obviously couldnt be supporting to her throughout all the stuff Storm went through prior to this. Its a relationship that hadnt been touched in so long that people were hoping it would have been utilized in the mini
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-11-2018 at 11:17 AM.