Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dan Slott is being… cryptic with this tweet, which I'm guessing has to do with the coming arc.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1380254518835884033
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Dan Slott is being… cryptic with this tweet, which I'm guessing has to do with the coming arc.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1380254518835884033
    It is cryptic, but the adjective I'd use is defensive. DD's all that Slott's currently writing right now I take it. And that would make Victorius the prime suspect of the tweet. My take is that Victorius would certainly marry Doom, even though she probably feels unworthy of the "honor". Doom' is the character Slott's gotten my criticism for not getting. But Slott has handled Doom adequately since the horrible Doom/Galactus mess. There is no obvious reason Doom's going through with the marriage but I can certainly believe that a few pages of story could explain that I'm willing to give it a try. After all, it's a lot more interesting than that KiB waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Just have to say that I'm mad that this is the story to celebrate their 60th. It's not even about them...

How unimaginative and mundane.
    How do you know it will be unimaginative?
    And c'mon, we've just survived several invasions in a row, it's time for some story about Doom and Latveria - according to the precepts of John Byrne.

It's about them. This is their archenemy, this is their myths, this is their story. If it wasn't about them - they wouldn't be here, Doom doesn't need F4 to get married.

And I remember I told you, but I repeat - there were many segments on the teaser. Doom, Kang, Scarlet Centurion, visions of a possible future, the return of Helmsman and
    Cormorant - is all (and more) going to happen in celebration of the anniversary.
    Not only Bride of Doom, but the following stories too.

There needs to be a change in writers and soon
    It won't happen, just stop talking about it.
    I understand that you do not like this book, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Just don't read it.
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 04-08-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    And c'mon, we've just survived several invasions in a row, it's time for some story about Doom and Latveria - according to the precepts of John Byrne.

It's about them. This is their archenemy, this is their myths, this is their story. If it wasn't about them - they wouldn't be here, Doom doesn't need F4 to get married.

And I remember I told you, but I repeat - there were many segments on the teaser. Doom, Kang, Scarlet Centurion, visions of a possible future, the return of Helmsman and
    Cormorant - is all (and more) going to happen in celebration of the anniversary.

I understand that you do not like this book, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Just don't read it.
    I think it will be unimaginative because this run has mostly been unimaginative. A big tell is how dead this forum has been...
    It's about Doom not them and I'm tired of him being the focus of FF stories. It's a common opinion that "Doom is the only good thing about the FF" and things like this only reinforce it.

I'm allowed to not like this run and voice my opinion however I like just like those who enjoy the run can voice theirs. If you don't like it then ignore my posts or block me because I will only stop when I feel like it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think it will be unimaginative because this run has mostly been unimaginative. A big tell is how dead this forum has been...
    This is not an indicator, this is only one forum on the Internet.
    In addition, there was no new F4 comic for two months.

It's about Doom not them
    Okay, then every Doctor Doom story in Fantastic Four book is a Doctor Doom story. How many such stories have John Byrne alone written? How many stories of Doctor Doom did all the authors of the book create? Jonathan Hickman even made Doom a member of the Future Foundation, which, according to that logic, turned this comic into a comic about Doctor Doom.

My God, this is just a story. Like ... This Land is Mine. Important for both F4 and their archenemy.

and I'm tired of him being the focus of FF stories
    But Doom hasn't been the focus of the book since the Herald of Doom. God.

I'm allowed to not like this run and voice my opinion however I like just like those who enjoy the run can voice theirs. If you don't like it then ignore my posts or block me because I will only stop when I feel like it
    Your posts are very similar to how you feel about this run - <redacted>. Sorry.
    Of course, no one forbids you to write whatever you want, I didn’t even think about it and I’m sorry that you perceived it that way. But you write constantly that you droped the book and we need a new author right now. Perhaps we really need him, but this will not happen in the near future.

Just my opinion, sorry.

And I never block anyone, I want to see the opinions of everyone. Even if some people write about hating stories they haven't read yet. I'm not Dan Slott))
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 04-09-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Minor redaction

Looking to try FF
    What’s a good jumping on point ?

This is not an indicator, this is only one forum on the Internet.
    In addition, there was no new F4 comic for two months.

Okay, then every Doctor Doom story in Fantastic Four book is a Doctor Doom story. How many such stories have John Byrne alone written? How many stories of Doctor Doom did all the authors of the book create? Jonathan Hickman even made Doom a member of the Future Foundation, which, according to that logic, turned this comic into a comic about Doctor Doom.

My God, this is just a story. Like ... This Land is Mine. Important for both F4 and their archenemy.

But Doom hasn't been the focus of the book since the Herald of Doom. God.

Your posts are very similar to how you feel about this run - <redacted>. Sorry.
    Of course, no one forbids you to write whatever you want, I didn’t even think about it and I’m sorry that you perceived it that way. But you write constantly that you droped the book and we need a new author right now. Perhaps we really need him, but this will not happen in the near future.

Just my opinion, sorry.

And I never block anyone, I want to see the opinions of everyone. Even if some people write about hating stories they haven't read yet. I'm not Dan Slott))
    I'd recommend not apologizing.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Looking to try FF
    What’s a good jumping on point ?
    I'd start with next issue, then maybe some back stories from there. Yu could also thy the latest volume of Marvel 2-in-1 with Ben and Johnny which leads up to current volume FF.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

I guess I'm too old or something, but I mostly like FF and don't always get the criticisms.
    Certainly it could be better, far better.
    I'll probably always keep reading it (since around '68)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Perhaps the main trope of the FF, main 'tropes', were determined in their formation and is more of the idea from the website of FF Great American Novel.

Most of the tropes I see and favor the most, would be disturbing to or others. I always wanted Torch and Crystal to not be the exact Romeo and Juliet thing, for example.
    I don't think that Sue has been handled well, but mostly from neglect.
    I think that the new characters, Ben and Alicia's kids are somewhat more interesting than almost everything else.
    The FF has for years now become to big a concept that can just happen in one book, yet additional or supplement books never do well over time; indeed it was hurtful or shameful that the main title ceased for a couple of years.

My fondest stories are mostly within the first 200 issues, but I liked Englehart and Defalco's runs and mostly because they could keep the family dynamic, without the main characters always being there.
    But many fans, perhaps, didn't like seeing their favorite FF character sidelined, so that Panther, Storm, Namor, Antman or whoever else would be more active member. Even though we/I love most of these characters.

I don't really see any solutions but new teams with new teams being the creators.
    I don't think Doom or Galactus stories are done, here - maybe they should be done elsewhere?

Why not, the X-Men/fans get to sequester themselves off from most of Marvel. Maybe it is not so wrong to admit that

love of the FF is an acquired taste.
    But to me, the FF exemplify the main thing I've seen in comics, soap opera elements when it comes to character arcs and progressions or degressions. So, yeah, I love the idea of Sue thinking about Namor, even if I know it should never be resolved strictly per a soap romance. (sorry, had to get that in, since I'm often criticized for my "Free Love" philosphy)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I guess I'm too old or something, but I mostly like FF and don't always get the criticisms.
    Certainly it could be better, far better.
    I'll probably always keep reading it (since around '68)
    I like how Fabian sums that up (about a different book) I'm sure Dan S feels same way:

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Finally! Lol. Seems like forever since last issue.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Decent issue today. Glad the KIB storyline is over. Sky is actually growing on me as a character. I enjoyed the Lyja love received in the letters page along with the comments regarding Franks.

Looking forward to next issue!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura