Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I mean there was homophobic Paulie bit that’s probably not what you mean...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I mean there was homophobic Paulie bit that’s probably not what you mean...lol
    Who the **** is Paulie?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Who the **** is Paulie?
    I think it was a guy that hated Northstar for being gay.

Found him. here's his bio
    https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/provenzano-paulie
    Last edited by starduck; 02-10-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well...it's not all about you...

Seriously though...I think both would be interesting. And in the case you suggest...maybe it is not the X-Men who help him embrace it...but someone like Steve Rogers.
    Oh! Sorry, I just meant in my train of thought for the idea, it'd be more interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Who the **** is Paulie?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Paul_...no_(Earth-616)

Yeah, Grace tackled “internal -phobia” and cultural assimilation.

There was a kid in New Mutants who was a mutant (he kept it a secret) with Light constructions powers, who said anti-mutant things because his so-called friends hated mutants
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    There was a kid in New Mutants who was a mutant (he kept it a secret) with Light constructions powers, who said anti-mutant things because his so-called friends hated mutants
    And he killed himself when his "friends" let him believe X-Factor was coming for him (even though they didn't know he was a mutant). This was back when X-Factor were posing as mutant hunters.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why would it have to be a self loathing mutant...why not just a mutant who has no problem being a mutant...
    What an incredible boring suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by triclops View Post
    Elixir and his family were part of the Reavers before he learned that he was a mutant. He was disowned and abandon by his family afterward.
    That's part of why I couldn't like him for a long time.
    He used to be friend with Hellion, and Julian was almost portrayed as a douche for kicking him out of his gang when he learnt about that.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The upstarts of the hell fire club used to hunt mutants. But I'm not sure whether that was for hatred or some sick sport.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    And what about the MLF?
    I don't know much about them but I do remember them blowing up a mutant detection pregnancy centre that aborts mutant babies/foetus'. So not sure they actually hated mutants.

BANNED

I'm curious has their ever been a mutant who was openly hateful towards their own? Like even after they themselves were exposed as a mutant? I was thinking it could be an intresting read if done right. The only person that came to mind was Wanda, but she's not a mutant anymore and her situation was just tasteless and unfounded for the most part.
    Willian Stryker Junior current leader of the Purifiers and Larry Trask responsable for the development of the Sentinel program with the USA army. The situation of Larry was funny because he didn’t know he was a mutant. His human boss a former friend of his father knew about this and tried to dissuade Larry of his vengeance against mutants , he only wanted the Sentinels fight against evil mutants but Larry wanted to use them to destroy the X-men .

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Gamma lives matter
    #HumanLivesMatter

Astonishing Member

Very interesting,this would be very appropriate when Krakoanss meet mutants who don't want to live on Krakoa,being under the thumb of the QC ,yeah most likely such mutants are immortal as they don't need the whole resurrection business to entice them.If such mutants prefer their lives among humans especially if they are powerful and are worshipped by the humans as god's.Another candidate is Darwin in the Vault.If he comes out evolved beyond his mutant gene and even beyond child of vault genes,then conceivably he may not hate mutants but may become like Dr Manhattan in DC who finds mutants simple minded and perhaps beneath him and so he loses interest in their cause but goes his own way or at least feels more kinship with the children of the Vault having spent centuries with them while two decades give/take a few years among mutants