Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Cyborg (a.k.a Vic Stone) Appreciation REDUX!!!!!! (VER. 2)

Give it up for the Half Man Half Machine, all awesome superhero! From athlete to genius, teenager to superhero, Titans to Justice League, Metal Men to Doom Patrol, this is a hero who has it all plus more!

Now,can you give a brother some love?!

...We can't end this into without his signature "BOOYAH!", now can we?

Incredible Member

Plus the animated look
    [IMG][/IMG]

Cyborg cast for Doom Patrol show.

https://www.cbr.com/cyborg-cast-doom...s-jovian-wade/

I mentioned it in the Doom Patrol tv show thread, but I like that they describe Vic as “charming and sarcastic”. Hopefully we’re done with the depressed version of Cyborg.

In, Vic's the man

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Kon93

The tech Superman booyaa

It would be cool to see DC give Cyborg his own show on their streaming service. The Flash and Supergirl were well known characters but their tv shows made them way more popular with mainstream audiences. I think a Cyborg show could do a lot for Vic. Many people felt he was way underdeveloped in the chopped up Justice League movie. A show could develop the character and flesh out his supporting cast.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Mike Mckone is my top pick for drawing Cyborg. I like when Cyborg shows flesh and has the physique of a body builder.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

These double post...
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-09-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would be cool to see DC give Cyborg his own show on their streaming service. The Flash and Supergirl were well known characters but their tv shows made them way more popular with mainstream audiences. I think a Cyborg show could do a lot for Vic. Many people felt he was way underdeveloped in the chopped up Justice League movie. A show could develop the character and flesh out his supporting cast.
    I agree. I think one common problem about Cyborg (comics, movies and cartoon), is whatever 1 step forward, it's always 2 steps back.
    He becomes a member of the Justice League, but doesn't benefit from a solo title or much real interaction outside of a few interactions here and there with the 6 other members of the League until DCYou. DCYou, he gets a solo title, but it's often poorly managed and there's no clear direction for him as a character, going back to the "Am I Man or Machine?" story arc and no understanding or exploring of Cyborg utilizing technology and living in the digital age. (before Flashpoint, he was just a baby sitter for the Titans, more than he was just a member). Don't get me wrong, being a founding member of that team in the new continuity has definitely benefited him as a character. His profile is undoubtedly higher, and as a result you'll see him included in a lot of media that he otherwise wouldn't have been included in and give him new potential.

I would enjoy if he gets a solo show or movie, that really can allow him to shine and show his potential as a superhero, not only in the action and science fiction department but also as a character, (being described as a Vic as “charming and sarcastic”, is definitely a step forward for either depressed or overly serious Cyborg, even in Smallville 3 episodes of guest appearance and the little he was shown in the other media post Justice League Doom, he is shown with more personality than what some comics have shown him as recently). Speaking of comics, Scott Snyder has really let Vic shined in the Justice League book, in the little he was shown in. Hopefully if Justice League Odyssey does the same for him, that would be a good step in regaining faith as a character. While Doom Patrol is an interesting place to bring Vic, hopefully it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Mike Mckone is my top pick for drawing Cyborg. I like when Cyborg shows flesh and has the physique of a body builder.
    Agreed, as long as it wasn't full 80's design. I like when Cyborg looks show more skin and arm and flesh besides just his face. It feels more like he's half human, jhalf robot armor, instead of a robot with a torn human mask/face. That being said, I also like the Jim Lee/Ivan Reis Cyborg logo, and the blue glowing glass look of the Teen Titans cartoon. I think DC Supergirls cartoon did a good job in combining all three. He needs the humanity, next to the high tech digital look, instead of just grey, black and sometimes red. It adds a dynamic touch towards his look.

and Justice League Action has potential with the right artist, not to mention the DCYou design

Last edited by ironman2978; 08-09-2018 at 09:28 PM.

This is still the best version of Vic in my opinion. A very cool modern design. So much wasted potential. Damnit DC! As ironman2978 said, it’s been 1 step forward and 2 steps back with Cyborg’s development since the New 52.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-09-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Ray saying 'ride ain't over yet'.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rehsifyar...050019840?s=19

#BORGLIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

#BORGLIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

#BORGLIFE
    Good to hear. I’m really hoping Cyborg’s upcoming tv appearances will boost the character’s status even more. I don’t think WB would be considering a Supergirl movie without the success of the CW show. So maybe Doom Patrol will get WB’s attention and give them confidence to move ahead with the Cyborg movie.

A little love for the 1st appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

This is still the best version of Vic in my opinion. A very cool modern design. So much wasted potential. Damnit DC! As ironman2978 said, it’s been 1 step forward and 2 steps back with Cyborg’s development since the New 52.
    Words cant explain how much I love this design, shame they couldn't stick to it
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8