Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That actually works better than my idea. He could pick up where Kaine left off after Marvel decided to abandon the original intended plotline by Tom DeFalco of Peter eventually finding baby May still alive, just kidnapped to be raised by Osborn as a weapon against Peter, in favor of bringing back Aunt May. Since the end of Superior Spider-Man, which had Osborn "cured" of the Goblin Formula and its attendant madness, Osborn's been busy building a new criminal empire on international arms dealing, using Liz Allan as his puppet CEO for Alchemax, and now even worming his way into actual political power by destabilizing African and Eastern European countries with his mercenaries and weapons dealing. That would definitely be something Ben would be interested in (violently) shutting down, and even more, he could represent the dark side of Spider-Man's newfound "worldwide" status courtesy of Parker Industries, fighting crime and corruption in the international underworld while pursuing Osborn.

I could see him ending up in Madripoor to bust one of Osborn's operations and ending up in an alliance with Jessan Hoan/Tyger Tiger, if not also crossing paths with Laura Kinney/All-New Wolverine, who has her own reasons to be in Madripoor. Then there's him running afoul of Mister Sinister again (see X-Men/Spider-Man #3) and finding out about the clones of him Sinister made in Wolverines #5, plus maybe encountering Miss Sinister/Claudine Renko, who's been unseen in comics since her appearance in Laura's previous ongoing (X-23), which could dovetail into a team-up with Laura as well. Hell, I just really like the idea of Ben encountering the other prominent heroic clone in Marvel Comics and them bonding over learning to be their own people and not be bound by their progenitors or by what their creators intended them to be.
    Thanks for the support of my idea, I like your additions. The clone identity exploration idea really takes the whole thing up another notch, and now I'm surprised no one at Marvel seems to have ever explored that angle before with these characters as a whole.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thanks for the support of my idea, I like your additions. The clone identity exploration idea really takes the whole thing up another notch, and now I'm surprised no one at Marvel seems to have ever explored that angle before with these characters as a whole.
    You're welcome, and thanks for liking my additions. I'd be surprised, too, but then there is a lot of greatness to be mined from the Marvel Universe at large that a lot of people who work there seem dreadfully unaware of.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well not give him that stupid suit he is going to wear for one thing.

Fantastic Member

Don't know of his journey but I hope him and Kaine die, cant have 3spiderman, miles, silk, spider verse spider stories, spider Gwen and don't know else, but it's so boring!!!!

While I trust that the creative team will do right by Ben despite the difficult place that they are starting, if I was going to write a series about Ben I would have had him take over Parker industries and be the billionaire globe trotting version of Spider-man, while Peter could have stayed and been focusing on new york. For me the Peter as a billionaire has not worked but it would have been interesting for Ben and could have differentiated him from other Spider-people. Using Ben to have Spider-man adventures in hong kong, beijing, london etc would have been an interesting thing and they could have subtlety had Ben build his own supporting cast. Hopefully since Ben is on the run in this story we may get to see him explore some of the interesting places in the marvel universe like Madripor and weirdworld. I do hope that the utilize some of the underused spider-man villains for ben, would be nice to see morbius pop up in this title.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

I've worked and reworked stories that bring back Ben for so many years. But in summation, my favorite way of bringing back Ben involved actually bringing back Spidercide.

If I could do a series, though? I'd be happy with a solo, or a shared title with Kaine, but you know my top choice is a Scarlet-led Slingers title!

And honestly? I'd be exploring the philosophical implications of Peter Parker's morals, which I bet we'll get in spades from PAD soon.

-Pav, who prefer his Scarlet Spider with Carnage symbiote...
    Last edited by Pav; 03-07-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I've worked and reworked stories that bring back Ben for so many years. But in summation, my favorite way of bringing back Ben involved actually bringing back Spidercide.

If I could do a series, though? I'd be happy with a solo, or a shared title with Kaine, but you know my top choice is a Scarlet-led Slingers title!

And honestly? I'd be exploring the philosophical implications of Peter Parker's morals, which I bet we'll get in spades from PAD soon.

-Pav, who prefer his Scarlet Spider with Carnage symbiote...
    Scarlet Spider leading the Slingers would be an awesome idea, especially if the team was made up of costumed and/or super-powered allies that debuted within the Spider-Man comics. Or are you thinking about recreating the original Slingers lineup but with Scarlet Spider assembling and leading them? If that's what you had in mind, that would be pretty awesome, too. And considering Scarlet bonded with the Carnage symbiote . . . that would have made more sense for his behavior in The Clone Conspiracy, you could just say that the symbiote's murderous impulses warped his brain despite his best efforts to resist, further compounding the trauma of Warren killing and resurrecting him 27 times over. Also, I'd have preferred a Scarlet Spiders title with Ben and Kaine as co-leads reconciling their relationship with each other and their place in the world instead of being in opposition to each other because of The Clone Conspiracy. Speaking of Scarlet Spiders, I'm hoping Peter David at some point tackles the Scarlet Spider clones that were created by Mister Sinister in the Wolverines weekly series back in 2015 pre-Secret Wars.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Ben was originally intended to take Spider-Man back to basics while giving Peter and MJ a relatively happy marriage.

So why not invert that and have Ben marry MJ and live out the life Peter never got (post-OMD)?

5 part mini-series of Ben Reilly's disintegrated sludge form travelling around a lengthy S-bend. Cut, paste, print.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Ben was originally intended to take Spider-Man back to basics while giving Peter and MJ a relatively happy marriage.

So why not invert that and have Ben marry MJ and live out the life Peter never got (post-OMD)?
    I...would not hate that, actually.

I actually half-expected him and Gwen to end up together after CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Scarlet Spider leading the Slingers would be an awesome idea, especially if the team was made up of costumed and/or super-powered allies that debuted within the Spider-Man comics. Or are you thinking about recreating the original Slingers lineup but with Scarlet Spider assembling and leading them? If that's what you had in mind, that would be pretty awesome, too. And considering Scarlet bonded with the Carnage symbiote . . . that would have made more sense for his behavior in The Clone Conspiracy, you could just say that the symbiote's murderous impulses warped his brain despite his best efforts to resist, further compounding the trauma of Warren killing and resurrecting him 27 times over. Also, I'd have preferred a Scarlet Spiders title with Ben and Kaine as co-leads reconciling their relationship with each other and their place in the world instead of being in opposition to each other because of The Clone Conspiracy. Speaking of Scarlet Spiders, I'm hoping Peter David at some point tackles the Scarlet Spider clones that were created by Mister Sinister in the Wolverines weekly series back in 2015 pre-Secret Wars.
    A new and improved Web Warriors, consisting of:

Scarlet Spider (Ben)
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    Spider-Girl (Mayday)
    Spider-Gwen
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    While I trust that the creative team will do right by Ben despite the difficult place that they are starting, if I was going to write a series about Ben I would have had him take over Parker industries and be the billionaire globe trotting version of Spider-man, while Peter could have stayed and been focusing on new york. For me the Peter as a billionaire has not worked but it would have been interesting for Ben and could have differentiated him from other Spider-people. Using Ben to have Spider-man adventures in hong kong, beijing, london etc would have been an interesting thing and they could have subtlety had Ben build his own supporting cast. Hopefully since Ben is on the run in this story we may get to see him explore some of the interesting places in the marvel universe like Madripor and weirdworld. I do hope that the utilize some of the underused spider-man villains for ben, would be nice to see morbius pop up in this title.
    Kinda makes you wonder why Ben didn't just abduct Peter and take over PI, posing as Peter. If Doc Ock could pull it off, Ben could certainly do it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

I would not like that. That just sounds messed up. Interesting idea, I will concede, but not something I want to ever see played out. (I do come from the camp that once you take Peter Parker out of Spider-Man, I'm done -- USM's Miles comics notwithstanding. So, I don't want to see Ben living Peter's life, I want to see Peter living Peter's life.)

BANNED

well given current developments its more likely he is going to end up with felica or the daughter of the burglar who shot Ben parker his one time love interest and they could compare notes on how peter directly or indirectly wrecked their lives.

I suppose you could give Ben the Venom symbiote. Give him a turn.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.