Page 338 of 374 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Any chance we'll see Calista Flockhart again before this is over?
    Not sure about Calista, but we will be having a two-part flashback episode that will feature a young Cat Grant in Midvale.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I was thinking, they really like to beat a dead horse with the guardian concept; it didn’t really work for James, but they just won’t let it go.
    James I could at least buy as Guardian. Kelly may be former military, but she looks like a stiff wind could blow her over.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Man, it seemed like forever since this show. I hadn't really realized just how big the Super Friends had gotten. This is one crowded show - I know the CW likes its heroes to have a "team" but Kara's team all have powers (and there's a new Guardian on the way too). And again, Kara does next to nothing. She's lauded for being willing to sacrifice herself, which she does and again needs to be saved. And now she will need to be saved again from the P-Zone.

It's so odd to me that the closest mention Superman got, now that he's actually on earth again, is when they would say "Kryptonians." I can suspend disbelief that the heroes aren't always calling each other, but when it's a planet-wide threat, and Superman has been part of the show and we're dealing with Lex Luthor, and they go to "the Fortress" it stands out a little more.

I thought Alex's gizmo to make any weapon was cool, but now it can just make anything the plot needs out of thin air? Okay.... Also not a big fan of her hood/blue makeup as mask look. Give her a real mask or something. Blue eyeshadow and a tinge of blue hair isn't a costume - especially not for someone who has a great tactical mind and military training. It doesn't really fit for me. "Sentinel" is an okay codename, though it just makes me think of Alan Scott and she has no connection to him.
    That part in bold is exactly what's wrong with this show. I still like it and it hasn't had a massive downturn in quality like the Flash but I really don't like how Supergirl has often felt like a guest star in her own show. Especially when she's played by the always wonderful Melissa Benoist.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That part in bold is exactly what's wrong with this show. I still like it and it hasn't had a massive downturn in quality like the Flash but I really don't like how Supergirl has often felt like a guest star in her own show. Especially when she's played by the always wonderful Melissa Benoist.
    Part of that is necessity. I love Melissa, and I'm in no way trying to blame her for anything, but I think part of the reason they've made the ensemble cast so large is because Melissa has had to miss her fair share of time, between the play on Broadway and her maternity leave. They needed a larger ensemble to help pick up the slack.

I don't mind the larger cast. At least, for the most part, they seem to give them all more to do than some side characters ever got on The Flash (Wally).

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    With Supergirl returning (for the last time) in 9 days, do you think her Heat Vision colour will be changed to red as well?
    Welp, guess that answers my own question - nope.

Also, the Phantom Zone in this promo

Doesn't really fit the description Malefic.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Part of that is necessity. I love Melissa, and I'm in no way trying to blame her for anything, but I think part of the reason they've made the ensemble cast so large is because Melissa has had to miss her fair share of time, between the play on Broadway and her maternity leave. They needed a larger ensemble to help pick up the slack.

I don't mind the larger cast. At least, for the most part, they seem to give them all more to do than some side characters ever got on The Flash (Wally).
    I didn't know about the real world reasons for Benoist's lack of screentime. At least that makes sense, though it's hurting my enjoyment of the show. It's still watchable because the other characters range from likable to interesting. (Kelly and whatever Kara's love interest though need to leave. I just don't think either of these couples have any chemistry. Alex had two tons more chemistry with Sara in her one appearance, although Lotz has chemistry with everyone so maybe that's not a totally fair comparison. )

I partially agree but feels this is a larger issue with the CW DC shows that is suppose to showcase a title character. Superman and Lois are too new to judge so I'm going to use Smallville as an example Smallville for all its faults and it has some and I say that as a big fan always revolved around Clark from Pilot to Finale heck Jonathan, Lex, Lionel, Pete, Martha and Lana all eventually left and even with the additions of Lois and Oliver as main characters the show never would had worked without Clark.

While Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow all made their leads less important than the supporting cast. Remember the whole we are Flash mantra from season 4 you could easily replace Barry with Wally or now Bart and it would still work as the same show.

They could have Alex gets superpowers somehow or just make the show about the DEO and outside of changing the name they could continue the show without a beat after Melissa leaves instead of cancelling it. But that's moot now with a Superman show on the air anyways.

Oliver became so redundant they were going to do a spinoff without him.

Heck Batwoman literally replaced its lead with a nobody even though almost all the supporting cast had strong connections to Kate.

Wasn't there some mysterious woman leading Leviathan that they all answered to? Wasn't she supposed to show up in this episode? Did I mis-remember something ?

I don't know what's worse, Lex Luthor with superpowers or Lex Luthor in a world where everyone loves him and the rest of the populace are going to basically get murdered to suit Lex's ego.

I like how Lillian is still protective of Lena even though this isn't even technically her Lena.

Alex's Martian gadget is becoming the "do anything" plot device that Dreamer's powers are. Speaking of which, could she always Astral Project?

Man, Andrea did all this for her father and he completely threw her under the bus. Like, she made mistakes and burned bridges, but everything she did was for him and he basically scapegoated her. It's hard to feel bad for him when she basically bankrupted him while leaving herself CatCo, although it's kind of hypocritical for her to now only have CatCo and try to make it a beacon of journalism when she was the one trying to make it into a clickbait site. And still no one knows about her being Acrata.

So Superman and Lois won't mention Supergirl, so Supergirl won't mention Superman when it comes to Lex Luthor (y'know, his archenemy) and act like he's been Supergirl's nemesis this whole time and is mostly focused on killing her. Heck, even the Fortress feels like hers at this point, which I guess it should since it's now a completely different (and better) set than the Superman and Lois Fortress.

I'm glad they saved up the Martian transformation budget for that scene of J'onn and M'Gann destroying the satellites.

Lex Luthor's "We are the Champions" victory lap was glorious .

Wait, Kelly didn't know about Kara being Supergirl? Did I really miss that? There was still a supporting character for the past two seasons that didn't actually know? Her brother knew and left the show and she still didn't know? And they're seriously going to make her Guardian? Can there really be no normal people on these shows anymore?

"The name is 'Dreamer!' Dream Girl is my descendant who I'm technically based on as an original creation of this show, although I am officially debuting in the comics in a Pride comic written by my actress!"

It feels kind of full-circle that Kara's origin began with the Phantom Zone and her final season involves her getting transported back into the Phantom Zone.

Kind of getting "Death of Supergirl" vibes with Kara off the board, more or less, and Nia having to cover for her by saying Kara Danvers went off on a story with Cat.

Lena's come so far that she'll actually mindwipe people to protect Kara's identity now...which is still kind of problematic, but probably the lesser of two evils. Although Lillian and Otis probably don't remember Kara is Supergirl, but what's to stop them from breaking Lex out of prison? Is Lex going to be in jail the rest of the season to write him out until they or the Superman crew need him?

Look at William thinking Kara would've called and left a message if she was just up and leaving when I'm not convinced she gave him a second though the entire episode .

This show still on the air??!! I thought the series had finished recently? I know I haven't watched in a couple of years and wondering if it has gotten better than it use to be? No offense to anyone, but one of the common complaints was the forced SJW stuff in the show. Now I don't mind super hero shows talking about real world issues. however, this show just wasn't subtle AT ALL. It beat viewers over the head with what most would call SJW messaging.

I kinda feel like this guy... though I disagree with a few of his points. Not sure if he is a right wing guy ( I most certainly am NOT).

Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-01-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Incredible Member

So was Lex arrested with no evidence? Or did I miss something? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    So was Lex arrested with no evidence? Or did I miss something? Thanks for any help.
    I mean, I'm sure there was something they could turn into authorities that implicates him in what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't there some mysterious woman leading Leviathan that they all answered to? Wasn't she supposed to show up in this episode? Did I mis-remember something ?

Alex's Martian gadget is becoming the "do anything" plot device that Dreamer's powers are. Speaking of which, could she always Astral Project?

So Superman and Lois won't mention Supergirl, so Supergirl won't mention Superman when it comes to Lex Luthor (y'know, his archenemy) and act like he's been Supergirl's nemesis this whole time and is mostly focused on killing her. Heck, even the Fortress feels like hers at this point, which I guess it should since it's now a completely different (and better) set than the Superman and Lois Fortress.

Wait, Kelly didn't know about Kara being Supergirl? Did I really miss that? There was still a supporting character for the past two seasons that didn't actually know? Her brother knew and left the show and she still didn't know? And they're seriously going to make her Guardian? Can there really be no normal people on these shows anymore?

Look at William thinking Kara would've called and left a message if she was just up and leaving when I'm not convinced she gave him a second though the entire episode .
    In order:

Wasn't that Gemanae, or however it's spelled? They killed her with the Anti-Life equation.

I read an article recently that actually made sense in explaining why Superman and Lois hasn't mentioned Kara, and Supergirl didn't mention Superman. Due to the pandemic, the timelines of all of these shows are massively screwed up. While before they all theoretically took place at the same time, now some shows are weeks or months ahead of other shows. This episode was supposed to air at the end of the last season, meaning Kara would be stuck in the Phantom Zone when Superman and Lois premiered. She wouldn't be around to call on. As for why Supergirl didn't mention him- has she ever mentioned him while dealing with Lex? Honestly, this show's just ignored the history between Superman and Lex (and the only time they even interacted was during Crisis).

Kelly is useless. She has no chemistry with anyone, and quite frankly isn't even that good of an actress. This show would loose NOTHING if she left.

Speaking of, here's to hoping William takes this as rejection and leaves.

One thing I've hated about this show- they've had some stellar co-stars on this show that have left (Winn, Maggie, Cat), and have managed to replace them with some pretty bad substitutes (William, Kelly, Andrea).

Wasn't that Gemanae, or however it's spelled? They killed her with the Anti-Life equation.
    I thought techno-lady was just another member of Leviathan. She acted like she and Earthbender guy answered to someone.

I guess we're totally done with Leviathan though.
    I read an article recently that actually made sense in explaining why Superman and Lois hasn't mentioned Kara, and Supergirl didn't mention Superman. Due to the pandemic, the timelines of all of these shows are massively screwed up. While before they all theoretically took place at the same time, now some shows are weeks or months ahead of other shows. This episode was supposed to air at the end of the last season, meaning Kara would be stuck in the Phantom Zone when Superman and Lois premiered. She wouldn't be around to call on. As for why Supergirl didn't mention him- has she ever mentioned him while dealing with Lex? Honestly, this show's just ignored the history between Superman and Lex (and the only time they even interacted was during Crisis).
    Black Lightning is a year ahead. I think Batwoman has had a few time jumps to where they're seven or eight months ahead.
    Kelly is useless. She has no chemistry with anyone, and quite frankly isn't even that good of an actress. This show would loose NOTHING if she left.
    I'm happy that Alex is happy, but that doesn't really mean she needs to be more than she is.
    Speaking of, here's to hoping William takes this as rejection and leaves.
    I really wonder what they're going to do with him.
    One thing I've hated about this show- they've had some stellar co-stars on this show that have left (Winn, Maggie, Cat), and have managed to replace them with some pretty bad substitutes (William, Kelly, Andrea).
    Didn't Brainy replace Winn, though? William is more of a replacement for Mon-El (and arguably even more controversial).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought techno-lady was just another member of Leviathan. She acted like she and Earthbender guy answered to someone.

I guess we're totally done with Leviathan though.

Black Lightning is a year ahead. I think Batwoman has had a few time jumps to where they're seven or eight months ahead.

I'm happy that Alex is happy, but that doesn't really mean she needs to be more than she is.

I really wonder what they're going to do with him.

Didn't Brainy replace Winn, though? William is more of a replacement for Mon-El (and arguably even more controversial).
    True, Brainy replaced Winn, and was a good replacement. Nia actually replaced Mon-El, in that she was someone else brand new to her power that Kara took under her wing. I guess William replaced James. At least James had some good moments, even if he was horribly miss- or under-used.

Also, because I forgot to mention it earlier, Nia HAS astral projected before. She did it in Season 4 to let Brainy, Kara and Lena know where Lex was keeping the aliens prisoner.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 04-02-2021 at 09:05 PM.

True, Brainy replaced Winn, and was a good replacement. Nia actually replaced Mon-El, in that she was someone else brand new to her power that Kara took under her wing. I guess William replaced James. At least James had some good moments, even if he was horribly miss- or under-used.
    I guess William is like season 1 Jimmy in terms of being Kara's love interest at CatCo. Maybe she'll move on as quickly as she did there.
    Also, because I forgot to mention it earlier, Nia HAS astral projected before. She did it in Season 4 to let Brainy, Kara and Lena know where Lex was keeping the aliens prisoner.
    Ah! So it wasn't an inexplicable new power .