Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Can't say enough about how much I like the Catalyst Prime Universe. Noble's my favorite with Superb a close second, but they're all good books I'd recommend to anyone. Really looking forward to Summit next.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Just got around to reading Astonisher #1. It was just okay. Not really feeling the art, but the main character's powers are a cool concept. I'll give it another issue or two at least to grab me.

A review: https://www.newsarama.com/36695-best...onisher-1.html[/QUOTE]
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I think the intrigue with Astonisher is the powers and the messed up family dynamic he's got. It's just different to me for a character of that ilk.

After reading Superb today I have to adjust my ranking.
    Noble remains top dog followed by the superb, Superb. Those two books just hit the spot for me.

Catalyst Prime as a whole is just an amazing universe.

Just caught up with Noble. Still a good book with great art.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It's been a while since I've been here, but I just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved listening to that! I don't normally do to things like that, but I'm so glad that I did. It was super worth it!

I'm getting just about everything from Lion's Forge and I'm enjoying all of them. Noble, Superb and Incidentals are top reads.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Nice. I like how they addressed the diversity issue on both sides of the comic.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's been a while since I've been here, but I just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved listening to that! I don't normally do to things like that, but I'm so glad that I did. It was super worth it!
    Very, very worth it.

Anyway, I've been continuing to enjoy Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. For me Accell is the top of the heap with Incidentals and Superb rounding out my top three. All of the books have me pretty invested in this universe at this point.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-21-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Very, very worth it.

Anyway, I've been continuing to enjoy Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. For me Accell is the top of the heap with Incidentals and Superb rounding out my top three. All of the books have me pretty invested in this universe at this point.
    I'm a little behind, but it shouldn't be too hard to catch up. How are the newcomers, Kino and Astonisher? Their "barebones" description of Astonisher sounds intriguing. Also, I believe Accell has re-started at 1 for a "second season" or the like? I'm kinda tempted to ask how goes the character, but I wanna find out when I read it for myself.

I'm a little behind, but it shouldn't be too hard to catch up. How are the newcomers, Kino and Astonisher? Their "barebones" description of Astonisher sounds intriguing. Also, I believe Accell has re-started at 1 for a "second season" or the like? I'm kinda tempted to ask how goes the character, but I wanna find out when I read it for myself.
    I enjoyed Kino and Summit more than Astonisher which didn't really click with me for some reason. It was sort of the reverse of what happened with Incidentals. I thought, based on the description, that Astonisher would be right up my alley but though it was enjoyable and interesting it just didn't appeal to me like I thought it would. I really didn't like the protagonist much but I'm going to give it a few more issues to see if my opinion changes any. That's not to say that it was a bad book though.

Kino was pretty intriguing and only got more so after the most recent issue. Without spoiling anything let's just say there appears to be yet another player or two in the overall story and things are getting a bit more complex overall I think.

Summit was also pretty interesting since its protagonist is the only "known" survivor of the mission and not only is she dealing with a pretty powerful gift resulting from that mission, which she is trying to hide, but she's also dealing with some other issues that include survivor's guilt.

All in all though I think the Catalyst Prime Universe continues to be a strong one.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-23-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I enjoyed Kino and Summit more than Astonisher which didn't really click with me for some reason. It was sort of the reverse of what happened with Incidentals. I thought, based on the description, that Astonisher would be right up my alley but though it was enjoyable and interesting it just didn't appeal to me like I thought it would. I really didn't like the protagonist much but I'm going to give it a few more issues to see if my opinion changes any. That's not to say that it was a bad book though.

Kino was pretty intriguing and only got more so after the most recent issue. Without spoiling anything let's just say there appears to be yet another player or two in the overall story and things are getting a bit more complex overall I think.

Summit was also pretty interesting since its protagonist is the only "known" survivor of the mission and not only is she dealing with a pretty powerful gift resulting from that mission, which she is trying to hide, but she's also dealing with some other issues that include survivor's guilt.

All in all though I think the Catalyst Prime Universe continues to be a strong one.
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to the catch up!

Also, it's easy to miss, what with how seemingly everyone who went into space did indeed survive and gained massive power in the intern, but as far as the general public knows, as well as the astronauts themselves, no one (but themselves) survived. It makes me look forward to the day they reunite (and form the Catalyst Prime League of Justice!).

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the catch up!

Also, it's easy to miss, what with how seemingly everyone who went into space did indeed survive and gained massive power in the intern, but as far as the general public knows, as well as the astronauts themselves, no one (but themselves) survived. It makes me look forward to the day they reunite (and form the Catalyst Prime League of Justice!).
    I'm looking forward to the day that Valentina Resnick-Baker discovers that all the others survived myself since she has been told over and over that she was only one to survive. That should be interesting.

Lots of great stuff going on here really and I really would like to see a Catalyst Prime version of the Justice League or Valiant's Unity someday. Perhaps Incidentals in the start of that...
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-25-2018 at 08:35 AM.

It's crazy how excited I get when the new solicits drop from Lion Forge. I have no idea what direction Noble goes from here but can't wait to find out.