Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Claremont writing Inhumans, with Crystal in it again, and I'll convert, Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Claremont writing Inhumans, with Crystal in it again, and I'll convert, Marvel.
    Actually....I'd be on board with this, as well. I think he'd be a good fit with a Crystal focused Inhumans title.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
    Seems to me this thread wasn't about Kitty staying on the Guardians either. It was about hating Kitty no matter if she is a Guardian or X-Men.
    That may be for some. But for me Kitty is my favorite X-Man after Kurt and before Betsy but I havent been thrilled will her latest developments. I dont hate her though or really mind Star Lord in general but I dont like what they did to his personality. I used to read GoTG back in the day.

I didn't know I wanted Starkat until I saw it in the comics. I'm not a shipper who pairs every character I like. If it fails, then let it fail. It's not like that's gonna erase all the comics I already bought with them being cute.
    Yes, well, you may take the easy going approach to relationships but a lot of times Marvel (and some fans) dont. Look what happened because of Storm/BP and even Rogue/Gambit and Jean/Scott. Jean is still dead, Gambit became sidelined and both BP and Ororo are still recovering as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Isn't Star-Lord at least 20 years older than Kitty? Seems kind of wrong. In addition to the complete butchering of Quill's character post-return.
    I'm not thrilled with Peter or Kitty's characters in this most recent of events. They both come off as some old far out 50's couple. That magazine cover didnt help any. BUT I'm not condemning StarKat. To each their own. But I agree that I wish Kitty could spend more time with the friends she has at JGS. Its been a real long time. As friends. Bickering and infighting doesn't count.

I'm not a Kurt/Kitty shipper. I prefer Cerise or Betsy as love choices for Kurt but I'll never get the problem of Kurt and Kitty if they stick to aging her and stop de-aging her and have her acting like a teen. This is because of my own personal experiences. One of my cousins dated her brothers friend - her brother and his friend were six years older than her (Kurt is seven years older than Kitty) and they knew each other growing up. But in her early twenties and his late twenties they started dating and got married. This happens more than you think. So you want to think they are creepy go right ahead. I'll just be bemusedly shaking my head.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-03-2015 at 08:48 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's not pretend that Kitty's lifelong dream was to rot in Westchester.
    While I agree with this, I think space is a bit much. I'd still like to see her doing things important to the mutant cause on Earth, just not in the stinking Westchester ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Isn't Star-Lord at least 20 years older than Kitty? Seems kind of wrong. In addition to the complete butchering of Quill's character post-return.
    Perhaps, but so was Pete Wisdom.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-03-2015 at 08:12 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I didn't want this to turn into a Starlord vs Kurt age debate. I knew Kurt was going to get brought up cause of my love of Kurtty. Which I've said numerous times will never happen and I wouldn't want to risk ruining there special bond by having them date. As Chia Head said..it never ends well. I have not been a fan of any of Kitty's relationships. But you only see my start this thread now. Why? It's because she should be in X Books. She can stay with Starlord. But don't rip her from x men and make her a GOTG member when she's not. She's an x man.
    If it's all about the CompleX, then maybe you should have just made a post there. However, I don't think that's really it because you keep attacking Star-Lord and the pairing for no reason. Agent Venom doesn't have a relationship with any of the Guardians, but he's still there with the team. The reality of this situation is that, whether Kitty is with Quill or not, Bendis wants to keep writing her and editorial is allowing it. If there's someone you should be attacking for taking Kitty out of the X-Men, that should be Bendis or Alonso. Yet, for some reason, you always go back to taking shots at Star-Lord even though you say this isn't about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Didn't Starlord sort of "left" Richard Rider Nova, a lover of Gamora, left for dead. Plus, I don't believe Bendis "explanation" for the missing Nova.
    Star-Lord didn't abandon Nova if that's what you're saying. Rich sacrificed himself to ensure Quill could go back to earth. Quill didn't like it and it was Rich's last wish to not tell Gamora anything.

Yet how long they can keep it up is the question ?

Because we all know how successful the Black Panther's marriage to Storm was.
    Black Panther and Storm lasted at least six years. That's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Yes, well, you may take the easy going approach to relationships but a lot of times Marvel (and some fans) dont. Look what happened because of Storm/BP and even Rogue/Gambit and Jean/Scott. Jean is still dead, Gambit became sidelined and both BP and Ororo are still recovering as characters.
    If a failed relationship meant the destruction of a character, then every single character in the Marvel Universe would be useless because I don't think there's an important character (who isn't really new) that hasn't been part of a failed relationship at some point. Kitty herself was part of three (four if you count the Ultimate Universe) and all those characters are still going strong every time a writer is interested in writing them. Star-Lord won't be sidelined because the movies make too much money and there will always be a writer who loves Kitty at Marvel. As for the fans, I can't speak for the Starkat fans. But in my case, I think I already got more than I ever dreamed I would get. I've been five years at this hobby and read many previous stories as well; I know how Marvel works and to be honest, when I saw that first Kitty/Quill kiss at the end of ToJG, I never expected any writer to even remember it. Then they announced the Star-Lord solo and I thought, 'well, they are gonna develop a story with them and break them up at the end' because that's how Marvel always works. I remember joking with some friends about Kitty and Quill getting married because we never ever expected that to actually happen. But somehow it managed to become Kitty's most successful relationship in-universe, so I don't think you will see many people losing their minds because of their eventual break up, we already got a lot for a couple that, years ago, would have been considered a crack pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Kitty bailed on Utopia, she was a melodramatic, whiny, selfish douchebag about it and then she started dating the first man who paid attention to her.

Suuuuure, Bendis and Humphries somehow reinvented the wheel.
    I agree with almost everything you say on here. Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    X-Men Annual #4

BTW, Piotr was 19 then if I recall right. I.e., two years less than Kurt. No big difference --unless you're refering to legal age, which is quite decisive in some ways, of course.
    Yep. Still love Wolverines gift! Rotfl. And that panel just makes me sad considering the discussion. Seriously if she was with the x men and with Starlord i could deal. But taking her away from the X Men and putting her with starlord is too much. imo. For her not to be in any X-Books but in Guardians books is a shame.

I'm not a fan of Colossus/Kitty but that is still loved by a lot of people. So saying Kitty/Starlord is the most successful is pushing it. I just find it ooc for her to get engaged to someone without talking over it with any of her friends.

The only reason Starlord/Kitty could last is if Marvel thinks they can somehow put her in the MCU and we know that cant happen cause Fox owns it. Even if Marvel Editorial changes it now she's still a mutant.

I so badly want to know Claremonts opinion on Starkat. Since he was one who did a lot of work with both characters.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 06-03-2015 at 09:54 PM.

BANNED

Yet there's a difference between Ultimate Kitty Pryde and the regular Kitty Pryde.
    Yeah, and quite an interesting one. However, Kitty was introduced in the UU by another writer, IIRC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I'm not a Kurt/Kitty shipper. I prefer Cerise or Betsy as love choices for Kurt but I'll never get the problem of Kurt and Kitty if they stick to aging her and stop de-aging her and have her acting like a teen. This is because of my own personal experiences. One of my cousins dated her brothers friend - her brother and his friend were six years older than her (Kurt is seven years older than Kitty) and they knew each other growing up. But in her early twenties and his late twenties they started dating and got married. This happens more than you think. So you want to think they are creepy go right ahead. I'll just be bemusedly shaking my head.
    As I work with a lot of people's personal data (including their spouses), I can say with some authority that it is not unusual at all to see that women marry men who are something like five to ten years older than them. It actually seems to be the mayority of cases, at least in the age bracket I am working a lot with, which are mostly people born in the fifties and sixties.

BANNED

Black Panther and Storm lasted at least six years. That's good enough for me.
    Eh, Storm and Black Panther really was bad. It basically was a "here are two popular black characters, let's marry them" scenario, declared by the fiat of "they were promised to each other when they were children", which is both stupid and racist.

They actually took some time setting up the relationship between Kitty and Peter. I am still not quite happy with them going for marriage so soon, but then again, both had their share of relationships so it isn't as if they wouldn't know when the right person comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Eh, Storm and Black Panther really was bad. It basically was a "here are two popular black characters, let's marry them" scenario, declared by the fiat of "they were promised to each other when they were children", which is both stupid and racist.
    Don't know if Black Panther/Storm was good or bad because I never read those comics. I was trying to say that six years of marriage is a big amount of time in a company that supposedly hates marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    As I work with a lot of people's personal data (including their spouses), I can say with some authority that it is not unusual at all to see that women marry men who are something like five to ten years older than them. It actually seems to be the mayority of cases, at least in the age bracket I am working a lot with, which are mostly people born in the fifties and sixties.
    Their ages aren't a big deal. The problem is that Kitty and Kurt have been living together as friends since she was 13 and they have developed a sibling-like relationship. It would feel weird if they became a couple.

That said, Kurt would probably be on board; he already banged one adoptive sister of his, so why not two? And if Kitty could feel attracted to Colossus, she could feel attracted to Kurt too... But it would still feel weird to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Their ages aren't a big deal. The problem is that Kitty and Kurt have been living together as friends since she was 13 and they have developed a sibling-like relationship. It would feel weird if they became a couple.

That said, Kurt would probably be on board; he already banged one adoptive sister of his, so why not two? And if Kitty could feel attracted to Colossus, she could feel attracted to Kurt too... But it would still feel weird to me.
    Totally on board with this. It'd feel like incest. I was just pointing out in general that older man / younger woman happens much more in real life than you'd think by the reactions of some of the people here.

Not to mention that Doug is about the only person Kitty really had any romantic intentions towards who was actually in her age group. She otherwise has always gone for older men.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I'm laughing the people who are comparing going to Excalibur when she and Nightcrawler thought they were all that were left of the X-Men and comparing it to her ditching them for the Guardians. Not even close to the same thing.
    This. Excalibur were well within the X-Men corner of the MU.

Kitty's one of the all-time classic X-Men. A dalliance in space for a while is fine - other X-Men take leaves of absence from time to time - but that doesn't change the fact that Bendis is writing her poorly or that the marriage to Quill feels forced as hell.

I'm not the biggest nor oldest X-Men fan, so pardon if my question is inappropiate, but:

Was Kitty Pride always this bossy and nagging?

I've read the Black Vortex event (which I regret) and she's just an unsufferable, annoying and unlikeable character. Was she always like that, or only since she started dating Han Solo.. I mean, Star-Lord?
    Last edited by SidheKnight; 07-14-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo