Spectacular Member

Default What do you think of this?

This is somewhat hypocritical. Let's say Generation Zero and/or Death Metal happens to reboot the DC Universe. Should I use that chance to give myself a fresh start on comics, especially since I never managed to catch the last two reboots. I have read a few Rebirth ongoing but from #45 rather #1 and in somewhat bugs me. So do I give myself a fresh start with the next reboot or carry on with the ongoing that I've only been partially reading?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    This is somewhat hypocritical. Let's say Generation Zero and/or Death Metal happens to reboot the DC Universe. Should I use that chance to give myself a fresh start on comics, especially since I never managed to catch the last two reboots. I have read a few Rebirth ongoing but from #45 rather #1 and in somewhat bugs me. So do I give myself a fresh start with the next reboot or carry on with the ongoing that I've only been partially reading?
    This is DC so there will be no fresh start for the whole universe. Even if Generation Zero or Death Metal undoes many of the major events of the past decade (or decades), based on ever prior attempt the stories that follow the reboot will drop in connections to untold (or unretold) stuff. New 52 took Superman back to day one and still kept Death of Superman as part of his past even when it gave us rebooted Superboy and Steel with no connections to that story. The original Crisis led to situations where Superman, Batman and later Hawkman had contradictory references to their involvement with the JLA.

If you are enjoying what you are reading now keep it up. If you want to try something new you might get some better understanding after a reboot when they are re-introducing it. But odds are within 24 months of a reboot it won't matter when you jumped on- the confusing stuff will be just as confusing while the stuff explained in the story will make just as much sense.