Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This was mediocre. Doom, Cyclops, Reed, Beast and Valeria were written well enough, the rest either didn't make a difference or were just bad. Doom bitch slapping Charles was absolutely peak Doom, same as the part where he assumes he's doing this just to spite Reed. Other than that, not worth the time and money spent.

Mighty Member

"Wow, I can't believe Doom would use the gamble of 'fake an attack on myself in order to have an excuse to act aggressive,' a technique that has been refined and used since humanity discovered we could kill each other." - No One Ever

Franklin is an idiot who ought to be dead by the end of this series and revived with no powers.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I know im gonna be in the minority and I accept it and will definitely see myself out . but I kinda liked this issue.

the teams fighting works miles better when it isn't the entire island vs. four people and isn't drawwwwn out. it hit the sweet spot here.

the dialogue was very snappy. Doom sparring with Charles and Erik is always fun, but there were unexpected moments like Emma telling Scott hes flopping and taking charge.

the latverians as doombots is a neat lil .. twist? I guess?

its surprisingly nice to see a bunch of A-listers who don't interact a lot across their titles all in one place. I missed Scott and Emma, Storm and Wolverine, stuff like that

I guess when the bar is below the floor here's nowhere to go but up. lol. just one more issue and we're free, hopefully it takes a page out of this book.

I do wish Rogue did more punching. or even talking. she was barely there

I absolutely live for his bitchiness. l don't know anyone nastier truly. reed was pressed
    I liked Emma in this, that I'll concede. She was also the only competent one, which is a bit weird since she's in a team with a lot of A-Listers. Having Emma and Scott like this was slightly reminiscent of the Utopia era.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    "Wow, I can't believe Doom would use the gamble of 'fake an attack on myself in order to have an excuse to act aggressive,' a technique that has been refined and used since humanity discovered we could kill each other." - No One Ever

Franklin is an idiot who ought to be dead by the end of this series and revived with no powers.
    Yeah that was... an awful twist. Like, it wasn't even a jaw dropping thing or an exciting cliffhanger. It was just more meh being added to this all thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was mediocre. Doom, Cyclops, Reed, Beast and Valeria were written well enough, the rest either didn't make a difference or were just bad. Doom bitch slapping Charles was absolutely peak Doom, same as the part where he assumes he's doing this just to spite Reed. Other than that, not worth the time and money spent.
    Really? I thought this was better than Issues 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I liked Emma in this, that I'll concede. She was also the only competent one, which is a bit weird since she's in a team with a lot of A-Listers. Having Emma and Scott like this was slightly reminiscent of the Utopia era.
    Both wre hipocrites and pretty dumb

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Really? I thought this was better than Issues 1 & 2.
    Mediocre is better than bad, I guess.

1 and 2 were just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    ugh stop it with all this hate, it's intoxicating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Mediocre is better than bad, I guess.

1 and 2 were just bad.
    Fair Enough. You right.

I got heavily into the books around late-Utopia, I think Gilen's Uncanny, and will forever have a soft spot for good Scemma banter. Zdarksy knows exactly how to pander to me

I also really liked seeing Kitty throw some Quiet Council weight around, especially toe to toe against Magneto. Ballsy. And frankly the first time she's flaunted her status outside the HFTC, we love to see it . cant believe I forgot about it when writing up my initial post lol

ugh stop it with all this hate, it's intoxicating.
    i'm not lying, they launched a attack on latveria soil. As if Doom wouldn't see them doing it

Damn, not a good day for Scott Summers. The women are disrespecting him from book to book

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma was literally the only one to know what's up wdym. also the first to catch onto dooms plan albeit a lil too late lol.
    I don't think its possible for comic book characters to avoid hypocrisy at this point lol they've all done too much

Mighty Member

I'm going to lazily copy and paste what I said in the other thread.

Let's have a show of hands for all the people who believed Doom would be 100% upfront about this.

No? Good.

Seriously, a bigger twist would be if Doom was being 100% upfront and honest about this and then Franklin took over as the villain for the rest of the storyline.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Damn, not a good day for Scott Summers. The women are disrespecting him from book to book
    Wolverine could also be added to that list technically. Scott's bedroom is going have doors and be locked after this, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia