Page 67 of 233 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the art suggests, as well, that the girl who gets "ejected" is then torn apart and eaten by Croc. So... well done, Babs.
    Definitely not what happened. In the same page Croc is hitting against the batmobile and after that he is in the swamp with Damian. The last thing we see form the girl is her falling with a parachute in front of the moon. Nothing suggests that she was eaten.

If the girl were eaten people would lost their minds.
    Last edited by Drako; 03-27-2020 at 04:01 PM.

double post.

Edit: Here is the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet wayne View Post
    Im confused ...What is heroic about that Nightwing that Dick wanted to name himself after the home wrecker?
    I guess the part about Nightwing being a Kryptonian hero. All the acts of heroism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Definitely not what happened. In the same page Croc is hitting against the batmobile and after that he is in the swamp with Damian. The last thing we see form the girl is her falling with a parachute in front of the moon. Nothing suggests that she was eaten.

If the girl were eaten people would lost their minds.
    Nope, I've gone and checked - Croc definitely eats her. I've never got the hang of posting images, but it's a couple of pages after the one you've uploaded - Damian's in the swamp with Croc and Ivy, Croc has blood on his mouth and is dropping the girl's bloodied pink sneaker and says "thanks for the appetizer".

She dead.

Yeah, went back to check that out too.

More reason to hate that storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I guess the part about Nightwing being a Kryptonian hero. All the acts of heroism.
    Yup, the Nightwing definitely seemed to be a big deal in Kryptonian mythology. Saved Rao from threats even the other gods couldn't detect and all manner of things.

I'm no expert on Kryptonian myth, since most of that stuff was developed long before I was reading (or even born), but from what I understand it was very much like Dick himself; a protector who operated in the shadows, tackling threats before anyone else knew they were there.

It seems the biggest myth the Nightwing was a part of is the dissolution of the Flamebird's marriage and her ex-husband becoming a destroyer (which I think was eventually tied to Krypton's instability and destruction?) but even so, the Nightwing was considered a noble, good god by the ancient Kryptonians (before Raoism fell and was replaced by science anyway).

I always thought it was a good name for Dick.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nope, I've gone and checked - Croc definitely eats her. I've never got the hang of posting images, but it's a couple of pages after the one you've uploaded - Damian's in the swamp with Croc and Ivy, Croc has blood on his mouth and is dropping the girl's bloodied pink sneaker and says "thanks for the appetizer".

She dead.
    Yeah, you're right. I didn't catching this the first time, cause i didn't remember reading something like this. Holy ****.

I also don't remember people making a big deal out of this, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I didn't catching this the first time, cause i didn't remember reading something like this. Holy ****.

I also don't remember people making a big deal out of this, weird.
    Allow me to re-iterate what I said in the TV/Film forum; what about the redshirts!? In this case, a teen girl suddenly eaten by Killer Croc? Yeesh. And Babs didn't take any flack for it? Worse.

The Kryptonian relationship to the Nightwing name is basically irrelevant to Dick's character these days. It is one of those things I think fans put far more weight on than the actual creators do. Dick basically has no relationship with Superman or the Superman family anymore outside of maybe Dick and Clark crossing paths once every 5 or so years in a story. There has been a consistent push to try and erase the connection to the Kryptonian legend from what I have seen.

Near the start of Rebirth there was a small push to try and have the Nightwing name come from the Court of Owls. They hinted that the Night + Wing of the name actually represents an Owl. I bet in the future they will try to push that again given how obsessed they are with Dick and the Owls despite Dick never having a truly great Owls story to justify any of it. Then there was the live action Titans TV show where they came up with some completely different origin for the Nightwing name that Dick got while in some prison in South America or something stupid. Finally the Kryptonian element of every other media Nightwing adaptation is completely ignored or overlooked. It just doesn't really seem to matter overall.

I personally prefer the Kryptonian element of the name, but I bet they will eventually retcon it into something else. It just feels like that is the direction things will eventually go.

Should Dick ever even be part of the court?

Should we fix Dick’s relationship with Clark? Like Him having a relationship with Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The Kryptonian relationship to the Nightwing name is basically irrelevant to Dick's character these days. It is one of those things I think fans put far more weight on than the actual creators do. Dick basically has no relationship with Superman or the Superman family anymore outside of maybe Dick and Clark crossing paths once every 5 or so years in a story. There has been a consistent push to try and erase the connection to the Kryptonian legend from what I have seen.

Near the start of Rebirth there was a small push to try and have the Nightwing name come from the Court of Owls. They hinted that the Night + Wing of the name actually represents an Owl. I bet in the future they will try to push that again given how obsessed they are with Dick and the Owls despite Dick never having a truly great Owls story to justify any of it. Then there was the live action Titans TV show where they came up with some completely different origin for the Nightwing name that Dick got while in some prison in South America or something stupid. Finally the Kryptonian element of every other media Nightwing adaptation is completely ignored or overlooked. It just doesn't really seem to matter overall.

I personally prefer the Kryptonian element of the name, but I bet they will eventually retcon it into something else. It just feels like that is the direction things will eventually go.
    Well yeah DC wants everything about dick's character to come from Batman. Dick's super connections are nonexistent, the new 52 erased his titans history, his history with starfire was just a fling now, Wally and donna were erased.

DC just see's nightwing as a supporting character to Batman so everything about him has to come from or be about the batman mythos. That's why alot of people still see nightwing as a sidekick and a stepping stone to batman.

I don't want that for dick but it is what it is. But when fans tell me nightwing is his own man I just laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Dick ever even be part of the court?

Should we fix Dick’s relationship with Clark? Like Him having a relationship with Clark?
    As long as the court is popular dick will be apart of it.

Should dick's relationship with clark be fixed. Yes will DC let it? No Clark isn't from the bat mythos so him and Clark will rarely talk or see each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

That's all true, but what is isn't what should be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Do you guys think Dick should be part of the court? I feel this worsts him being able to use the Circus ever again. I mean if we were to use the YJ animated series, this is where he used Haley's Circus as a cover. In the comics the court is using it. Unless Dick knew this and is a double agent

No, the Court has become their lazy go to. They play with the idea too much with no consistency or awareness of the times before.