Page 99 of 254 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3809
    Ultimate Member

I'm just leveling off the thread with all of the Alex hate, he's still somehow the entire cause of every one of Lorna's problems even though they've been apart for months...of course I think that Lorna will be upset, I just think that's exactly why PAD did it, just to make Alex look terrible, he didn't do Alex any favors before he left his old team imho...you can love X-Factor all that you want...I'm just saying that it's not looking good imho.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm just leveling off the thread with all of the Alex hate, he's still somehow the entire cause of every one of Lorna's problems even though they've been apart for months...of course I think that Lorna will be upset, I just think that's exactly why PAD did it, just to make Alex look terrible, he didn't do Alex any favors before he left his old team imho...you can love X-Factor all that you want...I'm just saying that it's not looking good imho.
    But your opinion is VERY biased because you are an Alex fan.
    And you do not feel he is portrayed well in this book.
    No, it's NOT a good time for Alex anywhere in the MU right now.

But ANXF is a great book.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

It's okay LoganAlpha30X33. We Havok fans gotta stick it out for a while until things get better.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Did someone mention Havok?!?!?
    Nope! Nobody mentioned Havok. Monsters can go back to their caves. You can stay though, Pharozonk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    It's okay LoganAlpha30X33. We Havok fans gotta stick it out for a while until things get better.
    I'm definitely critical of Alex in terms of how Lorna has been used to build him up and the like, but I don't think the character himself is automatically bad, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be used with Lorna at all. I'm only saying there have been some major problems with how things have gone down in the past, and I think it's best for everyone if those problems are corrected before proceeding. It'll take time for those problems to be corrected; one writer alone doing something short won't do the trick, it needs to be sustained because the root of the problems come from sustained use in a certain way.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Carmine

I am going to love ANXF all I want. This is an appreciation thread. And as far as I'm concerned, Havok is fine in this book, he makes a guest spot to further the plot point and we move on.

This is an appreciation thread. I am pointing it out because I for one, would like to be able to visit this thread and actually be able to appreciate the book that is my favorite that I buy every month.

Gambit is being handled very well even when his panel time is small. I enjoy his interaction with all of the characters. Looking forward to him doing more with his powers as seen in an image that CDG posted on his facebook.

I also can't wait to see the cover Anka is working on that has a gun to Gambit's head. Or the scene by CDG where we can see multiple bo-staffs hidden in his jacket. Not to mention, Danger is pretty darn funny.

This is an appreciation thread.

And I look forward to what Snow is saying to Gambit - it would seem Gambit is being sent to the rest of the team due to the trouble with Georgia's biological family.

"My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Nope! Nobody mentioned Havok. Monsters can go back to their caves. You can stay though, Pharozonk.

I'm definitely critical of Alex in terms of how Lorna has been used to build him up and the like, but I don't think the character himself is automatically bad, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be used with Lorna at all. I'm only saying there have been some major problems with how things have gone down in the past, and I think it's best for everyone if those problems are corrected before proceeding. It'll take time for those problems to be corrected; one writer alone doing something short won't do the trick, it needs to be sustained because the root of the problems come from sustained use in a certain way.
    And some people here are just as biased AGAINST Alex, during my times reading X-Factor I never remember Lorna being treated as inferior to Alex, Alex was in charge but he seemed to be bullheaded more out of fear of losing someone, when he was wrong he'd admit it and apologize, as for the late 90's much of that was Lorna being shown badly to make another X-character look better and it wasn't Alex.

The root of the problem isn't either character, it's how their relationship has at times been portrayed...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And some people here are just as biased AGAINST Alex, during my times reading X-Factor I never remember Lorna being treated as inferior to Alex, Alex was in charge but he seemed to be bullheaded more out of fear of losing someone, when he was wrong he'd admit it and apologize, as for the late 90's much of that was Lorna being shown badly to make another X-character look better and it wasn't Alex.

The root of the problem isn't either character, it's how their relationship has at times been portrayed...
    What does this have to do with appreciating ANXF?
    What is your favorite part of this series so far, LoganAlpha30X33?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    What does this have to do with appreciating ANXF?
    What is your favorite part of this series so far, LoganAlpha30X33?
    You'll have to excuse Havok fans. We tend to derail threads when he's mentioned.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

We welcome all fans here.
    Just appreciate ANXF when you stop in.

Alrighty - now for something completely different. It appears that Warlock has the hots for Danger. She does not see him yet but we know that Warlock will make an attempt in a future issue. I find this whole thing quite amusing. And I like it because its new and looks like fun to explore. Danger having eyes on Gambit might be an issue - but not for long or so I think. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Alrighty - now for something completely different. It appears that Warlock has the hots for Danger. She does not see him yet but we know that Warlock will make an attempt in a future issue. I find this whole thing quite amusing. And I like it because its new and looks like fun to explore. Danger having eyes on Gambit might be an issue - but not for long or so I think. LOL
    You know, I hadn't really thought about this, but I think it's pretty rare in most fiction that includes viable human romance options for two robots to get together, or for a robot to want to get with another robot. With the exception of Wall-E, it seems to always be a matter of a robot wanting to be with a human, a human wanting to be with a robot, or both at the same time.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Yay for the Quicksilver cover!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    You know, I hadn't really thought about this, but I think it's pretty rare in most fiction that includes viable human romance options for two robots to get together, or for a robot to want to get with another robot. With the exception of Wall-E, it seems to always be a matter of a robot wanting to be with a human, a human wanting to be with a robot, or both at the same time.
    It would be different. Wall-E was cute. And that is not what I'm expecting. I just think there is some fun things that can be explored in that relationship. The thing I like about the bots is they show us some things that can't be done with the mutants. Whether its bluntness or behavior, its nice seeing the team from that pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I am going to love ANXF all I want. This is an appreciation thread. And as far as I'm concerned, Havok is fine in this book, he makes a guest spot to further the plot point and we move on.

This is an appreciation thread. I am pointing it out because I for one, would like to be able to visit this thread and actually be able to appreciate the book that is my favorite that I buy every month.

Gambit is being handled very well even when his panel time is small. I enjoy his interaction with all of the characters. Looking forward to him doing more with his powers as seen in an image that CDG posted on his facebook.

I also can't wait to see the cover Anka is working on that has a gun to Gambit's head. Or the scene by CDG where we can see multiple bo-staffs hidden in his jacket. Not to mention, Danger is pretty darn funny.

This is an appreciation thread.

And I look forward to what Snow is saying to Gambit - it would seem Gambit is being sent to the rest of the team due to the trouble with Georgia's biological family.
    Yeah..What he said.
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel