Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Of course it can cut him, I'm saying that her sword cutting bone is what's inconsistent, because she didn't cut off his fingers after a more powerful impact, ie them striking simultaneously as opposed to her striking on her own. We got on this subject because someone brought up the other thread. Thor survived being close to a star, not out in the corona that can reach millions of degrees, but next to the surface which is not nearly as heated. A planet, our planet, has at it's core greater temperatures than the surface of a star, and so far Earth has resisted that temperature for a hundred billion years. The power stone can demolish the surface of a planet, which is accomplishing more than solar surface+ temperatures have done since Earth has even existed. Meaning Thanos using the gem to defeat Thor, even after his full ragnarok upgrade, does not affect the legitimacy of the star feat. We even see Thor being hit by the stone directly for several seconds, it was painful but didn't actually leave a mark on him. And it's entirely consistent that he can take one infinity stone's level of power, he was tanking attacks from Malekith pre-ragnarok. Yes Malekith wasn't using the reality stone to it's fullest, but Thor was tanking the stone and he wasn't at full power either. That being said, DCEU Superman is insanely faster than Thor, fast enough to hit him with no chance of being hit back. Thor is far tougher, but Superman is stronger, and with enough time can, I believe, wear Thor down.

We know for a fact that Superman hits far harder than she does as well. Her sword did literally nothing to Steppenwolf, Superman on the other hand was casually smacking him around with his bare hands.

Yeah, sure that's possible, but that's a lot of maybes and could haves.

We did not see the fight Thanos had with Thor. When the movie opened up the ship was already destroyed and Thor was beaten down. We don't know if Thanos needed to use the gem to beat Thor or if he just straight up annihilated him like he did to Hulk. As for resisting the gem, Thanos clearly wasn't using anywhere near its full power. He was torturing Thor with it to make Loki give him the stone.

Regarding Malekith, honestly, Kurse came off as way more powerful than him. The potential universe busting was the only thing Malekith had that was impressive and he didn't even have the best control over that.

Also, Wondy clearly cut off Doomsday's hand so I don't know what this is about his fingers.

Regarding the Star feat, honestly, it's kinda drastically far above what Thor's been doing in the movies so far. Even with his power boost in Ragnarok. Not to mention it temporarily killed him until Stormbringer revived him. Rocket and Groot being fine being so close to it was also kinda weird. For Now, I'd say we put the star feat on the backburner, see if he gets an equivalent feat in the next big movie. If we can get a feat that at least matches it, I'll be fine giving it to him.

Additionally, seeing as how this is the kind of argument that got you thread kicked from the Thor vs Justice league minus Superman Thread, you can cease posting in this thread until further notice rhyvurg.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I will point out that there's nothing indicating that MCU Stormbreaker has a worthiness enchantment to prevent Superman from ripping it out of Thor's hand and burying it in Thor's skull.

Sure, Thor claimed that it would destroy the minds and body of the Guardians of the Galaxy if they tried using it, but A) he was more than a little punch drunk in that scene, B) he had no knowledge of the Guardians (like Starlord being half-Celestial and experienced in using that level of power), and C) he didn't actually know anything about the weapon he would actually end up with.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I will point out that there's nothing indicating that MCU Stormbreaker has a worthiness enchantment to prevent Superman from ripping it out of Thor's hand and burying it in Thor's skull.

Sure, Thor claimed that it would destroy the minds and body of the Guardians of the Galaxy if they tried using it, but A) he was more than a little punch drunk in that scene, B) he had no knowledge of the Guardians (like Starlord being half-Celestial and experienced in using that level of power), and C) he didn't actually know anything about the weapon he would actually end up with.
    That is... a very fair point. Ouch.