Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The thing with Valkyries is that they are a group. So Brunhilde can come back and they can regrow the Valkyries without Jane having to give up the mantle.

It puts her in a better position than when she was Thor because unlike with Odinson, if/when the original comes back she can still be a Valkyrie.

Spoiler for War of the Realms #2:

spoilers:
    It's just a shame that Brunhilde had to die for this to happen. She could have easily survived and Jane still be a Valkyrie
    end of spoilers
    They announced Jane being the new Val after the second issue. Pretty sure they will try to make some one and only Valkyrie thing for Jane.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm surprised no one's complaining that Dani Moonstar should become The Valkyrie rather than someone like Jane Foster even if she did become Thor.

And yes, as I posted in the main WotR thread it seems that at least for while, there will only be one Valkyrie, but maybe down the road the Valkyrior can be rebuilt. Again, Dani's potential involvement will revolve around her role in Hickman's X titles.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which I guess will answer the question of how much Jane Foster, individually, can lend herself to a successful title without the Thor name....

(Although with Aaron's name attached to this, it has a better chance then most).
    It is experment worth the effort. If she is successful they have new franchise/IP. They aren't afraid to throw darts at the board I mean they are doing the same thing with Superior Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's what the cartoons did. And then she was never used again .
    Yeah, because when they redesigned everything for Black Panther's Quest, half of the 14 member Avengers team got the chop (those being Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Hawkeye, Falcon, Hulk, and Thunderstrike). In fact, BPQ is a reboot disguised as a new season, as it's now set in Marvel's Spider-Man's world instead of Ultimate Spider-Man's.

As for the news about Valkyrie's identity... called it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just popping in to say that Digifiend was right all along. I am very surprised, and I guess we will get more context through the rest of this event. Seems to me that Brunnhilde will still be in this event. Indeed we kind of know she will be from teasers, so it’s not like she has been axed. She will almost certainly end up in Valhalla by the end of this story, where she will probably act as chief advisor and confidant to Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm surprised no one's complaining that Dani Moonstar should become The Valkyrie rather than someone like Jane Foster even if she did become Thor.

And yes, as I posted in the main WotR thread it seems that at least for while, there will only be one Valkyrie, but maybe down the road the Valkyrior can be rebuilt. Again, Dani's potential involvement will revolve around her role in Hickman's X titles.
    Given that Agents of Asgard seemed to focus on some of Bunn’s Valkyrie team, but also showed a more Valhalla focused grouping, and in WotR we see the entire group get slaughtered, perhaps it is a good sign that certain characters were not seen on flying horseback. Maybe it means they won’t be dead and may pop up in the future book.

Dani was obviously spared because she missed that fight due to being with the X-Men. Unfortunately, nobody else has such an excuse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dani was obviously spared because she missed that fight due to being with the X-Men. Unfortunately, nobody else has such an excuse.
    I assume all of the Fearless Defenders probably avoided Brun’s fate, and if they were in NY they probably got evacuated. But the big question here is Annabelle. Is she dead? Will she be written out? If she is dead that will be a shame, and will also provide a potential target because of the oh so common deaths of lesbian characters in genre fiction. I choose to assume Bunn has her back on this one.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-18-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Bunn will probably have Annabelle separated from Brunnhilde after her death. I kind of want both of them to be part of Jane's supporting cast (Brun as her advisor on all thinks Valkyrior and Annabelle as Jane's human confident and mythology expert). It would be a shame to lose two LGBTQ characters at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hai! Hai! I'm complaining!
    Mostly because I want her far away from the X-books and she would have been in good hands with Ewing.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I wonder if Jane will ignore her cancer treatment again to play hero and then complain when she dies again

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I wonder if Jane will ignore her cancer treatment again to play hero and then complain when she dies again
    She is in remission, that means she will be monitored but not actively in treatment. In other words there is no sign of cancer right now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

What do you think of the logo? Marvel Editor Wil Moss says it's his "favorite new logo of the year".

https://twitter.com/Wil_Moss/status/1118867395811119104
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

From what it sounds like, she’s the first of new Valkyries and the Valkyrior will be rebuilt, and more will be coming given time. It’d be cool to have Dani and Riggs be part of the supporting cast.