Page 170 of 192 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2875
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm didn't need to stoop to that Humans level really, but whatever.

Not surprised here....Storm doesn't get cold and her portrayal in this comic I felt wasn't Storm. I don't think Ororo cares that much or even at all for Radio Talk Shows.....i'm not sure if Storm even knows what a Radio Talk Show is LOL.
    the talk show part was cute. it made her feel relatable but the part about its freezing is just a1 garbage.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm didn't need to stoop to that Humans level really, but whatever.

Not surprised here....Storm doesn't get cold and her portrayal in this comic I felt wasn't Storm. I don't think Ororo cares that much or even at all for Radio Talk Shows.....i'm not sure if Storm even knows what a Radio Talk Show is LOL.
    She was being as petty as her idol Charlamagne...pukes

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Sounds like another week of $$$ savings for me. Anything of note from her in Extermination?
    Extermination didnt come out today. It got delayed till later in the month

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was being as petty as her idol Charlamagne...pukes

Extermination didnt come out today. It got delayed till later in the month
    yea the issue out today was xmen exterminated. it was a lot of hope and jean, with a splash of deadpool.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea the issue out today was xmen exterminated. it was a lot of hope and jean, with a splash of deadpool.
    That made sense. It was an epilogue of sorts to Extermination and pretty much Cable's memorial issue

boo save your f#cking coins. if you want to read an story about jean telling hope the xmen are family with more jean, and then more jean then extermination is for you. the xoffices are not doing ish with storm worth reading. I seriously dont understand how editorial allowed that freezing thought bubble to make it to print. just so much trash.
    Lol noted. I’ve dropped the UXM book, X-Men Exterminated and this X-Mas book sounds hella dumb. Storm needs to take a sabbatical from the X-Men and do her own thing. Would love to see her lead an all black female team book with Ororo, M, Shuri, Okoye and the doras, Misty Knight & a new black female high ranking SHIELD exec.

Yeah Marvel editors CLEARLY don’t read what they publish (same boring storylines for more than a decade). I mean I would do my homework first if I got the chance to write any character for them, so Charlamagne should’ve done the same. But even worse - Jordan White failed and its clear he (and several of his predecessors) aren’t ready to edit a book, let alone a 1-page story, let alone lead/revitalize a major franchise.

That made sense. It was an epilogue of sorts to Extermination and pretty much Cable's memorial issue
    I never said it didnt make sense. I just stated who was in the issue. personally I never was a fan of cable or hope, and with jean being dang near everywhere this issue was definitely not for me. I'm sure there are others who would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol noted. I’ve dropped the UXM book, X-Men Exterminated and this X-Mas book sounds hella dumb. Storm needs to take a sabbatical from the X-Men and do her own thing. Would love to see her lead an all black female team book with Ororo, M, Shuri, Okoye and the doras, Misty Knight & a new black female high ranking SHIELD exec.

Yeah Marvel editors CLEARLY don’t read what they publish (same boring storylines for more than a decade). I mean I would do my homework first if I got the chance to write any character for them, so Charlamagne should’ve done the same. But even worse - Jordan White failed and its clear he (and several of his predecessors) aren’t ready to edit a book, let alone a 1-page story, let alone lead/revitalize a major franchise.
    omg I would throw all my coins at a title like that. that would be so much bada$$ry in one title!!!! that's really a good idea Rider. which begs to question why the people who actually work at marvel cant come up with ideas as good as this instead of all these same old tired stories.

and yes yes yes to all you said in the second paragraph. after reading the full story it wasnt horrible but when you have a weather goddess who is immune to the elements talk about its freezing from the jump it's too late for redemption in my view. and chile its unfortunately pretty evident that the powers that be dont care about how she is written or that it is consistent with what Claremont established for the character. it's truly a sad thing to see how much this franchise has devolved.

nevertheless, I love reading the old uncanny issues and came across some scans of storm that I thought was pretty cool:

1. here's another instance of just how fast storm powers can activate during a danger room session:

If you are to show her using lightning all the time, this is how it should be done.

2. Here Storm has so much control over her abilities as well as precision she creates a mini hurricane inside the attic of the mansion attacking Arkon without any harm to her plants:

I love how she was drawn in those panels as well.

That makes me upset that we only get weak sauce Storm these days. Despite appearing all over the place, she's only had one storyline in the X-books all year and it was that damn hammer nonsense in Gold. 2018 has not been kind to her

That makes me upset that we only get weak sauce Storm these days. Despite appearing all over the place, she's only had one storyline in the X-books all year and it was that damn hammer nonsense in Gold. 2018 has not been kind to her
    and this is why storm fans constantly complain or have simply stopped paying for xmen books. they creative team see her as a token. even in uncanny today, there were cute moments but her presence still feels lackluster. that scene with the soldiers could have been a lot more dramatic than the single bolt we got. and that panel with her and Polaris? wth was going on I was expecting something epic only to see a stupid bolt of lightning in the next few panels. issa mess.

and the hammer trash never happened ok!! that whole book ignored all her established canon for the sake of propping up lokis gear. storm is much better than that trash and deserves much better. thank the goddess coates is still in the background looking out for this character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-05-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Storm listens to Charlamagne....I cantAttachment 74593
    I have no words.

BANNED

the talk show part was cute. it made her feel relatable but the part about its freezing is just a1 garbage.
    I felt the same way but I loved the Michelle Obama quote until Charlamagne inserted himself in the comic which didn’t surprise me at all. And I don’t see WHY she couldn’t have gone to Wakanda over the holidays like I bet it’s nice as hell there during Christmas that was a missed opportunity especially now that they have two X-jets. And the lil rain cloud above the bigot was cute but likeeee when he said “What in the name of Ham” I was like CORN to the E

BANNED

Also I can see Ororo reading Michelle Obama’s new book or listening to Alicia Keys or Whitney or Mariah Carey or Fantasia (I have a feeling she loves classic Black R&B music). Plus she could’ve been trying to buy a gift for Shuri. SIDENOTE: HOWWWW have her and Riri not met yet?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I felt the same way but I loved the Michelle Obama quote until Charlamagne inserted himself in the comic which didn’t surprise me at all. And I don’t see WHY she couldn’t have gone to Wakanda over the holidays like I bet it’s nice as hell there during Christmas that was a missed opportunity especially now that they have two X-jets. And the lil rain cloud above the bigot was cute but likeeee when he said “What in the name of Ham” I was like CORN to the E
    you kno honestly I didnt even mind him putting himself in it either. they love in nyc area and he is a big radio personality there so I didnt necessarily mind that. I did appreciate him bringing light to his some people in the trump era feel they can say and do whatever they want to do due to their "privilege". we've seen a lot of this with whites calling the police on black people (including kids) for the dumbest of reasons. so out of my frustration with the freezing part the other aspects of his story wasnt bad to me. and I so appreciate him writing her not taking the high road but giving him back what he gave her!!! forget that turning the cheek bs.

and lolol at corn to the e you silly lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Also I can see Ororo reading Michelle Obama’s new book or listening to Alicia Keys or Whitney or Mariah Carey or Fantasia (I have a feeling she loves classic Black R&B music). Plus she could’ve been trying to buy a gift for Shuri. SIDENOTE: HOWWWW have her and Riri not met yet?!?!
    I feel that if ororo were real she would definitely have a close relationship to the black female heavy weights such as Michelle, Oprah, and Kamala Harris just to name a few. And you already know she got some of those artist on her playlist. That type of stuff would be nice to see, just her normal day to day stuff where we get to see the human aspects of her character.

oh fyi: storm does appear at the end of the jubilee story where she and kurt show up to save her though by the time they do jubilee has already beaten arcade.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-05-2018 at 12:07 PM.

and this is why storm fans constantly complain or have simply stopped paying for xmen books. they creative team see her as a token. even in uncanny today, there were cute moments but her presence still feels lackluster. that scene with the soldiers could have been a lot more dramatic than the single bolt we got. and that panel with her and Polaris? wth was going on I was expecting something epic only to see a stupid bolt of lightning in the next few panels. issa mess.

and the hammer trash never happened ok!! that whole book ignored all her established canon for the sake of propping up lokis gear. storm is much better than that trash and deserves much better. thank the goddess coates is still in the background looking out for this character.
    ICA. This week was quite bad on the storytelling. I liked the art work but felt Uncanny was boring, that Storm is continues to be underused and they will sacrifice the team’s competence for Scott’s return. It’s like Marvel is cranking out books with recognizable characters, and all that matters is quantity of sales with no consideration quality of storytelling, continuity, characterization or creativity. Polaris + Storm combo was a big missed opportunity for the creative combo.