View Poll Results: who is your favorite dick grayson persona and in your opinion his best role?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robin

10 9.35%
  • Nightwing

52 48.60%
  • Agenr 37

33 30.84%
  • Batman

12 11.21%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Leader - Batman is the more important leader
    Teen Titans - Batman has the Justice League
    That's where I feel you're being incredibly unfair. Batman isn't the leader of the Justice League in even close to most portrayals, only sparingly in the comics really. And just because there is such a thing as another superhero team doesn't mean the Teen Titans aren't unique or worth mention in terms of what distinquishes Dick. There are tons of characters in DC whose role is "I'm old and in the JSA instead of JLA" and that's enough to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But unique traits doesn't help if your setting, support cast and villains in most cases don't even survive a change of the creative team or mayor events, since it prevents him from developing any live out side from being a hero and any relevant relationships and often not even the tone of the series stays the same. And in Dicks case this kind of consistency is missing since Blockbusters death.

In the cases of Batman and Spiderman on the other hand Setting, Support cast and villains are so iconic, that they usually even survive reboots and adaptation in other media.
    And I think you need those unique traits in order to build a strong foundation for stories that can stand the test of time. You can't expect stories and characters to last if they no longer work or make sense whenever a new creative team comes on because each one is constantly trying to build a new foundation. I mean even with Blockbuster he was just a knockoff Kingpin in a lot of ways. So it isn't like he was a unique concept.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    That's where I feel you're being incredibly unfair. Batman isn't the leader of the Justice League in even close to most portrayals, only sparingly in the comics really. And just because there is such a thing as another superhero team doesn't mean the Teen Titans aren't unique or worth mention in terms of what distinquishes Dick. There are tons of characters in DC whose role is "I'm old and in the JSA instead of JLA" and that's enough to be awesome.
    If you don't think Batman is the leader of the Justice League then I don't know what to say. Maybe you think he is the leader along with Superman and Wonder Woman, but he is the one that set up their base and team and has more sway than most on it. The Teen Titans are just a lesser version of that JL team in my eyes but it's fine if you think they are unique. I think they are mainly a lesser Justice League, especially as adults, and don't really bring anything to the table that the Justice League doesn't. As teens I guess you could argue they were different, but they haven't been teens in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    And I think you need those unique traits in order to build a strong foundation for stories that can stand the test of time. You can't expect stories and characters to last if they no longer work or make sense whenever a new creative team comes on because each one is constantly trying to build a new foundation. I mean even with Blockbuster he was just a knockoff Kingpin in a lot of ways. So it isn't like he was a unique concept.

If you don't think Batman is the leader of the Justice League then I don't know what to say. Maybe you think he is the leader along with Superman and Wonder Woman, but he is the one that set up their base and team and has more sway than most on it. The Teen Titans are just a lesser version of that JL team in my eyes but it's fine if you think they are unique. I think they are mainly a lesser Justice League, especially as adults, and don't really bring anything to the table that the Justice League doesn't. As teens I guess you could argue they were different, but they haven't been teens in a long, long time.
    Always co-leading or contesting for leadership with Superman at least, most of times Wonder Woman too. Aquaman often enters into it as well. Martian Manhunter too. Depends on the interpretation (when it's the three of them, it's because they want to treat WW on level Batman and Superman, it's not for Batman's sake). And then there's all the time he's too stoic and withdrawn to make much of a bid for leadership at all. Pretty much never is he teamleader, end of story. He is not to the Justice League was Dick Grayson/Robin pretty regularly is to the Titans. adult Titans could do more to differentiate themselves, sure, but that it's a prominent team where Dick Grayson automatically takes control whenever he enters the room IS something he has that Spider-Man, Daredevil and Batman doesn't.

NOTE: This thread was originally started in May of 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

With 96 people having already voted,
    * Nightwing = 45 votes
    * Agent 37 = 32 votes
    * Batman = 11 votes
    * Robin = 8 votes

NOTE: This thread was originally started in May of 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

With 99 people having voted,
    * Nightwing = 46 votes
    * Agent 37 = 33 votes
    * Batman = 11 votes
    * Robin = 9 votes

Incredible Member

I voted Nightwing even though Grayson and Dickbats are my favorite stories for the character. I feel like if he would have stayed as an Agent the next teams would not have been able to carry on the excellent but unique vibe that made the book so good. It was never a standard spy story and Seeley/Kings combined voices would be impossible to replicate.

Dickbats was great and I honestly prefer him to Bruce. But it has a shelf life, Bruce will always be Batman.

We're up to 107 people having voted now.
    * Nightwing = 52 votes (+6)
    * Agent 37 = 33 votes
    * Batman = 12 votes (+1)
    * Robin = 10 votes (+1)

I do wonder how many of those votes for Nightwing are from people who first started reading stories with Dick when he was already using that identity . . .