Page 115 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1949

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Fisher won't stop until he gets to play Cyborg again regardless of who is in charge. The Dalai Lama could replace Hamada tomorrow and Ray would be tweeting crap about him instead.
    If that's true, then they need to get people to see it as it is starting to damage their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they fired Hamada & Johns but didn’t bring Fisher back it would look like they’re admitting he was correct but still punishing him for speaking out. So I’m betting they’re just going to bunker down and ignore the drama on social media. The hashtags won’t go away but the fools made their bed when they greenlit the SC in the first place.
    Only if they recast Cyborg.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The cost of the CGI and the failure of the movie is why GL: TAS never got a second season. It had nothing to do with the quality of the show itself, which even Timm admits is amongst the best things he's ever worked on.
    And most importantly, which also ties into the movies failure, toy sales same reason that Young Justice was initially cancelled. Toy sales.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Fisher won't stop until he gets to play Cyborg again regardless of who is in charge. The Dalai Lama could replace Hamada tomorrow and Ray would be tweeting crap about him instead.
    Boy he's in for a shock. If and when they get back to a Justice League movie Cyborg probably won't be in it with Martian Manhunter most likely subbing back in for his usual spot.

If they fired Hamada & Johns but didn’t bring Fisher back it would look like they’re admitting he was correct but still punishing him for speaking out. So I’m betting they’re just going to bunker down and ignore the drama on social media. The hashtags won’t go away but the fools made their bed when they greenlit the SC in the first place.
    Sooner or later at&t will step in and that's when you will see people get fired
    Disney was more than willing to ignore a lot of the mess going on within the fandom until its shareholders began to see people like James Gunn and Gina Carano as too problematic

Yeah they’re going to kill off Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Barry Allen, Clark Kent, Hal Jordan, Bruce Wayne, Arthur Curry, Stargirl, Michael Holt Mr. Terrific, the JSA, the Legion of Superheroes, the Justice League, Seven Soldiers, Shazam and all of his adopted siblings, Cyborg, and everyone else that Johns has either created or had a major impact on which comes out to 90% of the DCU when it’s all said and done.

The whole goddamn reason Hamada wanted Ray to stop going after Johns was Johns has literally had a major impact on pretty much EVERY corner of the DCU and now DC is in a tight spot. He’s the one who has created a lot of the PoC characters, they’re drawing heavily on his work for their movies and TV shows, they can’t really cut him off. At best they might cancel that Stargirl one shot and remove him from their TV stuff, but Johns was already “demoted” and WB is in no hurry to give Ray any more clout than what he already has. This idea that they’re going to murder and erase everything Johns did is crazy talk.
    I mean, I can't think this article didn't have anything the investigation didn't already turn up and nothing more seems to have been done with Johns, so unless WB feels like there's optics to be gained from firing Johns at this point despite not doing it before when Whedon quietly dropped out, I'm not sure what we can expect to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I can't think this article didn't have anything the investigation didn't already turn up and nothing more seems to have been done with Johns, so unless WB feels like there's optics to be gained from firing Johns at this point despite not doing it before when Whedon quietly dropped out, I'm not sure what we can expect to happen.
    Only the Krypton stuff might be new, otherwise yes, I expect they already knew everything Fisher talked about in the article.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Only the Krypton stuff might be new, otherwise yes, I expect they already knew everything Fisher talked about in the article.
    I don't think the Krypton thing is new at least as far as corporate record, it just didn't have anything to do with the investigation.

I guess now that it's out in public the ball is in WB or Johns' court to respond or do something about it, but I wouldn't expect it to be a surprise at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the Krypton thing is new at least as far as corporate record, it just didn't have anything to do with the investigation.

I guess now that it's out in public the ball is in WB or Johns' court to respond or do something about it, but I wouldn't expect it to be a surprise at least.
    Rege responded first Geoff is gonna need a good answer

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Only if they recast Cyborg.
    They should prepare to recast Cyborg. They shouldn't leave the character on the bench because Fisher wants to milk his 15 mins.
    He won't stop attacking until Cyborg is recast for the big screen.

AT&T won't act on Walter Hamada immediately if they ever decide to, just because of the current landscape and where things stand with HBO Max. If they get to a point where they want to consolidate and restructure things it's an option. It's hard to say from the outside looking in how secure someone might be but their silence on the matter and multiple accounts affirming the allegations are pretty damaging. In matters like this perception could become reality.

For the next four or five years, Johns is probably safe unless some more bombshells drop and the company just makes a decision as a whole. He's got his hands on two many current projects from Star Girl to two potential projects for HBO Max. Once again HBO Max is a big deal and a primary focus for the company. Also, Johns is probably still seen as a creative asset and lead at the company even if fans don't view him that way anymore. So unless someone like Bendis or others fills that void they'll probably be reticent to move on for him at this stage.

Seems like Johns has friends and is well-liked by upper management so there likely wouldn't be any actions taken unless societal pressure ratchets up.

I wouldn't underestimate the effect that the chatter around this issue may have inside. Some people are taking these allegations seriously, whether any action will be taken remains to be seen. I'm sure AT&T is just taking a wait-and-see approach to see if this dies down, but if this is still a topic two to four years from now I wouldn't be surprised if big changes are made.

Fox Corp and Sinclair Broadcast appear to be the only major media companies that can easily ignore allegations without sweating.
    The J-man

Honestly, it's looking like the only way to make this go away is to fire Johns and Hamada and hire new people who still won't hire Snyder to make a DC film. Either Fisher stops complaining (except when he won't be cast by them again, of course) or he finds some way to connect these new people to his same complaints and it becomes blatantly obvious to everybody that it wasn't a principled stand.
    That's the problem with Fisher; he's riding the coattails of other people's experiences. Now black actors are apologizing for taking roles in Krypton because one hot up and Comer didn't get a job?
    What about the writers, producers, actors, and crew who worked hard on that show?
    All this because a black actor couldn't play a no-name character?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    AT&T won't act on Walter Hamada immediately if they ever decide to, just because of the current landscape and where things stand with HBO Max. If they get to a point where they want to consolidate and restructure things it's an option. It's hard to say from the outside looking in how secure someone might be but their silence on the matter and multiple accounts affirming the allegations are pretty damaging. In matters like this perception could become reality.

For the next four or five years, Johns is probably safe unless some more bombshells drop and the company just makes a decision as a whole. He's got his hands on two many current projects from Star Girl to two potential projects for HBO Max. Once again HBO Max is a big deal and a primary focus for the company. Also, Johns is probably still seen as a creative asset and lead at the company even if fans don't view him that way anymore. So unless someone like Bendis or others fills that void they'll probably be reticent to move on for him at this stage.

Seems like Johns has friends and is well-liked by upper management so there likely wouldn't be any actions taken unless societal pressure ratchets up.

I wouldn't underestimate the effect that the chatter around this issue may have inside. Some people are taking these allegations seriously, whether any action will be taken remains to be seen. I'm sure AT&T is just taking a wait-and-see approach to see if this dies down, but if this is still a topic two to four years from now I wouldn't be surprised if big changes are made.

Fox Corp and Sinclair Broadcast appear to be the only major media companies that can easily ignore allegations without sweating.
    Walter never did anything wrong to warrrant AT&T firing him, hence why they literall extended his job after the investigation ended. I think Geoff is pobably done working on WB projects from this point on though. He may do small comics like the upcoming star girl one shot, but I think he'll just stick to indie comics in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    That's the problem with Fisher; he's riding the coattails of other people's experiences. Now black actors are apologizing for taking roles in Krypton because one hot up and Comer didn't get a job?
    What about the writers, producers, actors, and crew who worked hard on that show?
    All this because a black actor couldn't play a no-name character?
    Superman’s ancestor is a little more than “a no-name character.”

Incredible Member

Superman’s ancestor is a little more than “a no-name character.”
    I know the answer is but Marvel but the average consumer of television who would sit down and watch Krypton would never know who that character was. Hell Supermans family past his birth parents are so rarely touched upon the average comic book fan probably wouldn’t be able to tell you his grandfathers name.