Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    A source from DC now that it was canceled due to a challenging relationship

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...c-relationship

"The critically acclaimed, Eisner-nominated comic series The Legend of Wonder Woman has been cancelled by DC Comics, because of what a spokesperson for DC called “a challenging relationship” with the husband and wife team behind the series."

"the DC spokesperson told the Guardian that though “we loved the book and we were very excited to work on the collected volume”, the studio was concerned about Dillon’s public comments about other teams at DC on social media."

"“It is an unfortunate situation. We tried hard to make it work,” the DC spokesperson said."
    Spokesperson, mmm? I'd like named sources. Otherwise, how is this anything more than a rewrite of the Bleeding Cool article (which it rather shamelessly cites without providing any new information except for this unattributed set of quotes).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

You can't badmouth your bosses and the company you work for and other teams and not expect there to be consequences. But of course you can deny any wrong doing and set up a go fund me page and pander for money and get the sympathy of others before the whole story comes out showing you were in fact the ones at fault.

Incredible Member

And let's not forget all the lovely people this couple has not gotten commissions to or books from kickstarters after years and some people out hundreds of dollars, so clearly they're great at asking for money but not good on delivering the goods.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-renae-de-liz/

Fantastic Member

Ray was just expressing his opinion, what he thought of earth one Wonder Woman based on the information that came out at that time. I was also disappointed when I heard about contents of earth one book but it wasn't as bad when it came out. Legend of Wonder Woman wasn't my cup of tea either. I have expressed my dislike of putting Wonder Woman in WW2 environment, it makes the character look dated.

It seems really shallow to cancel project half way done because of what one of the creators tweeted an year ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    A source from DC now that it was canceled due to a challenging relationship

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...c-relationship

"The critically acclaimed, Eisner-nominated comic series The Legend of Wonder Woman has been cancelled by DC Comics, because of what a spokesperson for DC called “a challenging relationship” with the husband and wife team behind the series."

"the DC spokesperson told the Guardian that though “we loved the book and we were very excited to work on the collected volume”, the studio was concerned about Dillon’s public comments about other teams at DC on social media."

"“It is an unfortunate situation. We tried hard to make it work,” the DC spokesperson said."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Well, there you have it.
    Yep, seems pretty clear cut.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Spokesperson, mmm? I'd like named sources. Otherwise, how is this anything more than a rewrite of the Bleeding Cool article (which it rather shamelessly cites without providing any new information except for this unattributed set of quotes).
    Well people were objecting to the Bleeding Cool report because they don't trust the source, The Guardian on the other hand is on a whole different level when it comes to credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    It seems really shallow to cancel project half way done because of what one of the creators tweeted an year ago.
    It presumably wasn't just because of Earth One though since the book was cancelled after their comments on The Odyssey of the Amazons

Ray was just expressing his opinion, what he thought of earth one Wonder Woman based on the information that came out at that time. I was also disappointed when I heard about contents of earth one book but it wasn't as bad when it came out. Legend of Wonder Woman wasn't my cup of tea either. I have expressed my dislike of putting Wonder Woman in WW2 environment, it makes the character look dated.

The tweet (or tweets) may have only been the tip of the iceberg in this situation. There may have been behind the scenes drama that we're simply just not privy to. Either way, it's just plain unprofessional to publicly bite the hand that feeds you.

It's really a shame, though. The series wasn't exactly my favourite, but it did have some absolutely beautiful art, and the story was simple and engaging enough for the younger set.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well people were objecting to the Bleeding Cool report because they don't trust the source, The Guardian on the other hand is on a whole different level when it comes to credibility.
    But the Guardian did nothing except drop a bunch of quotes by an unnamed source and repeat everything Rich wrote.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But the Guardian did nothing except drop a bunch of quotes by an unnamed source and repeat everything Rich wrote.
    I disagree, the Guardian attributing the quotes to "the DC spokesperson" means that they asked for a statement from the company and got one, that's a lot more of an official/credible report than Bleeding Cool citing anonymous sources. The fact that the answer is pretty much the same just means that BC's original report was right.

If the Guardian had gone the same route as BC they would've cited anonymous sources instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    The tweet (or tweets) may have only been the tip of the iceberg in this situation. There may have been behind the scenes drama that we're simply just not privy to. Either way, it's just plain unprofessional to publicly bite the hand that feeds you.

It's really a shame, though. The series wasn't exactly my favourite, but it did have some absolutely beautiful art, and the story was simple and engaging enough for the younger set.
    No problems on BTS were reported, so it is the tweets the problem.

Incredible Member

I'm going to assume you've never worked in a professional setting. It doesn't matter if the tweets are from a year ago or today. It's accumulative with everything else that you've done. Being shallow has nothing to do with it. DC has a right to protect their other creators and their brand image. It's common sense that regardless of how you actually feel about a project, you don't publicly criticize another team, you don't undermine another project that is trying to launch and you don't call out your employer.

But the problem is DC has fired many others for no reasons and many others who should be fired but keep their jobs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I disagree, the Guardian attributing the quotes to "the DC spokesperson" means that they asked for a statement from the company and got one, that's a lot more of an official/credible report than Bleeding Cool citing anonymous sources. The fact that the answer is pretty much the same just means that BC's original report was right.

If the Guardian had gone the same route as BC they would've cited anonymous sources instead.
    We asked for one and didn't get one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But the problem is DC has fired many others for no reasons and many others who should be fired but keep their jobs.
    What does that have to do with anything? So because someone else in the company was unprofessional at some point, I should be allowed to be unprofessional as well? You're assuming that DC or for that matter any company including Marvel, Apple and so forth values all their employee exactly the same. The fact is, some people are going to be valued more and they're going to have a longer leash. This isn't a new concept or unique to the big two publishers. *I'd also like to add that when DC has fired other creators, they would have had a reason to do so. Just because those reasons were not as public as this latest one doesn't mean that they were fired for no reasons.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 12-20-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    I'm going to assume you've never worked in a professional setting. It doesn't matter if the tweets are from a year ago or today. It's accumulative with everything else that you've done. Being shallow has nothing to do with it. DC has a right to protect their other creators and their brand image. It's common sense that regardless of how you actually feel about a project, you don't publicly criticize another team, you don't undermine another project that is trying to launch and you don't call out your employer.
    Ray's tweets regarding earth one are from 2015 and they were told to move forward with vol 2 of LoWW sometime around San Diego comic-con 2016. Neither Ray nor Renae said anything bad about Odyssey of Amazons.

Incredible Member

Ray's tweets regarding earth one are from 2015 and they were told to move forward with vol 2 of LoWW sometime around San Diego comic-con 2016. Neither Ray nor Renae said anything bad about Odyssey of Amazons.
    Why are you so focused on that one tweet when the article stated that DC described the relationship as challenging. What does accumulative mean to you? And C'mon, the tweets they sent out about Odyssey of the Amazons are even posted on this thread so you can't tell me that they've said nothing to undermine Odyssey of the Amazons. This whole storm started over those series of tweet and a complete article on The Mary Sue.. It's why we're even having this discussion in the first place. I don't really know Ray or Renae so I have nothing against them. I did enjoy their Wonder Woman book, but professionalism is not dead. Contrary to what you've learned on the cesspool that is twitter, professionalism is still a thing, and I suspect that most if not all companies expect it from their employees.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 12-21-2016 at 12:06 PM.