Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Well, these sound...interesting. I guess I at least appreciate that DC is throwing Seeley more Batman work and hyping up the wedding .

Although some of these pairings seem really random, like Nightwing vs. Hush, Red Hood vs. Anarky, and Batgirl vs. Riddler. I mean, Batgirl vs. Riddler sounds like it has absolutely nothing to do with the wedding at all.

I'm curious to see how Harley vs. Joker is handled.

Im seriously excited! I cannot wait!!

And do we know who will be at Catwomans party?
    Last edited by Katana500; 03-16-2018 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Wait Seeley's doing ALL of them? That's pretty strange. Oh well perks of being in close with King lol. I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Damian. He's been one for years.
    Should’ve known.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Should’ve known.
    Seems that sometimes EVEN DC forgets that Damian is vegetarian..

I think that I heard that he was eating one burger one time in King run..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-16-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Seems that sometimes EVEN DC forgets that Damian is vegetarian..

I think that I heard that he was eating one burger one time in King run..
    Jason got him something he didn't order "this is NOT what I asked you to purchase", then Damian rubbed it (literally) in Jason's face. Whatever he got wasn't edible after that! So I think his vegetarianism was still safe.

Cool bite-meal toy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, these sound...interesting. I guess I at least appreciate that DC is throwing Seeley more Batman work and hyping up the wedding .

Although some of these pairings seem really random, like Nightwing vs. Hush, Red Hood vs. Anarky, and Batgirl vs. Riddler. I mean, Batgirl vs. Riddler sounds like it has absolutely nothing to do with the wedding at all.

I'm curious to see how Harley vs. Joker is handled.
    Some work from a thematic standpoint. Nightwing vs Hush pits Batman's oldest partner against Bruce Wayne's childhood friend. Red Hood and Anarky are both characters who have challenged the effectiveness of Batman's methods for saving Gotham. Batgirl vs Riddler just seems to be a clash between intellectuals.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Some work from a thematic standpoint. Nightwing vs Hush pits Batman's oldest partner against Bruce Wayne's childhood friend. Red Hood and Anarky are both characters who have challenged the effectiveness of Batman's methods for saving Gotham. Batgirl vs Riddler just seems to be a clash between intellectuals.
    I agree. From a thematic standpoint I think most if not all of these work. The one I'm most iffy on is the Harley vs Joker one. I'm looking forward to seeing how these pan out actually.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hmm, I might check out the Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Robin Vs. Ra’s al Ghul #1. The others seem...meh.
    Really? I think there are at least a couple more I will check out. If not all 5!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, between this and the listing of a "batman and catwoman: the wedding album" coming in the fall, it seems like this thing will actually happen.
    It was confirmed that it was going to happen when they announced Issue #50. That was like in January.

Now whether it actually goes through, who knows but the wedding part, that's going to happen. Perhaps something prevents the wedding ceremony from coming to a full completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's good to see more of the supporting cast (and villains) actually reacting to the BatCat romance..wish this could have happened months ago
    Better late than never I guess, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's good to see more of the supporting cast (and villains) actually reacting to the BatCat romance..wish this could have happened months ago
    I'm still waiting for the family reaction hopefully those occ few pages from King isn't it because that's BS. Somehow they family feels less like a family than ever before. Bruce should ask Clark how to family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    And Maybe Red Hood vs Anarky.. I am not convinved of this villain..
    Anarky isn't really a villain, when written correctly ...

I find this has imo at least more potential than the other pairings, which are all more been there done that.

And maybe we can also get a decently written Batgirl story out of it ...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As a huge Seeley fan, I will probably pick up ALL of these if my wallet can take it lol. The more work he gets, the better. The Nightwing one is a given, and he wrote a killer Ra's in that brief appearance in Eternal. Combining that with Damian (who he already has a great grasp on) will be great. His Harley is also great, and I've been dying to see him tackle the Joker.

Maybe Barbara will be great again in...god, it seems like forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This all looks pretty awful. Might just check out Jason's one-shot to see how badly Seeley treats Lonnie.
    is it even Lonnie? I have no idea what the status is on Anarky, but I thought there was more than one person under the mask.
    Also, while no writer is perfect with every character, his track record with all the other characters mentioned has been solid to great. Solicitation aside (which isn't written by him), there's nothing to indicate that Lonnie will be one of the ones he misses the mark on.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm still waiting for the family reaction hopefully those occ few pages from King isn't it because that's BS. Somehow they family feels less like a family than ever before. Bruce should ask Clark how to family.
    Honestly, to me the Family hasn't really been a "family" since the N52. That's just how I've felt about it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG