Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Haha yeah, it does. Seeing Manta there is confusing because I thought the LoD was captured in Perpetua's throne or something.
    Well, Manta got kicked out of the LoD during Snyder's run, but was he shown to be there before?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Manta got kicked out of the LoD during Snyder's run, but was he shown to be there before?
    Nah, you were right he wasn't there. I thought I saw him...

Spectacular Member

Seems like Jackson is going to pop up in Death Metal

Lol is Manta gonna have to work alongside the Aquaman Family and NOT try to kill them in order to save the Multiverse ( so he can kill them later of course)

I can't shake the feeling that, between Death Metal and Future State, DC is trying to showcase as many characters as possible to see which ones stick. I'm super into it, Jackson seems to be on an upward trend. I hope we see more stuff from him post-Future State. and we got Manta in there too? the guy's a nut, i love 'em.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that, between Death Metal and Future State, DC is trying to showcase as many characters as possible to see which ones stick. I'm super into it, Jackson seems to be on an upward trend
    . I hope we see more stuff from him post-Future State. and we got Manta in there too? the guy's a nut, i love 'em.
    I like the idea and I'm excited to see it in motion. However, I'm gonna have to buy the physical floppies since that's what determines what sells.

I think DC is starting to realize (hopefully) that they have a lot of high potential characters in their box.

Jackson is going to keep climbing up on from here. He's one of the most successful and famous new characters from the previous decade. DC needs to keep riding the wave.

Also I just noticed he doesn't have his water bearers! I guess he doesn't need it anymore since he's probably an expert with his powers but they were visually cool and gave him his own niche. Hopefully they expand his powers if he doesn't have them. I'm still up for giving him the power to control the weather or cause storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Lol is Manta gonna have to work alongside the Aquaman Family and NOT try to kill them in order to save the Multiverse ( so he can kill them later of course)
    I still want to know why Flashpoint Manta was working for Atlantis.
    Also I just noticed he doesn't have his water bearers! I guess he doesn't need it anymore since he's probably an expert with his powers but they were visually cool and gave him his own niche. Hopefully they expand his powers if he doesn't have them. I'm still up for giving him the power to control the weather or cause storms.
    Maybe he can form water weapons without them now?

Full costume look. So I thought it was red but its orange which I'm okay with. God, he looks effing badass.

And the new Aquaman title logo

Wished it had a bit more regalness of his YJ season 3 look, but overall I love this. He looks badass.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I hope as Frontier said the idea is he's gotten powerful enough he can do all the water swords, whips and all that awesome stuff without em, Visually iv thought he's always had the coolest powers out of the Aquafam cause of that stuff. Still Id miss em cause their probably one of the first thing I think of when I think of the character just "Man Aqualads water bearers are freaking awesome.

I need Murk here to balance out all the pretty faces !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still want to know why Flashpoint Manta was working for Atlantis.

Maybe he can form water weapons without them now?
    Forming water swords from the moisture in the air sounds really cool.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yet again someone has an outdated design. Jackson should have dreads now, as seen in recent issues of both Aquaman and Young Justice, not that short hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yet again someone has an outdated design. Jackson should have dreads now, as seen in recent issues of both Aquaman and Young Justice, not that short hair.
    I noticed that too, but I just chalked it up to all the crisis energy or whatever that keeps changing everybody's outfits in Death Metal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

I noticed that too, but I just chalked it up to all the crisis energy or whatever that keeps changing everybody's outfits in Death Metal.
    Hah! Yeah, if there was ever a time and means to self-handwave a visual inconsistency in comics, now's time and thems the means!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I need Murk here to balance out all the pretty faces !
    Well, there's Manta and depending on how you feel about bearded Aquaman...