Page 532 of 613 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 9194

Also, he added another book to his slate with the launch of Legion of Super-Heroes. If that's caused him to fall behind, perhaps it's time for him to drop something.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, he added another book to his slate with the launch of Legion of Super-Heroes. If that's caused him to fall behind, perhaps it's time for him to drop something.
    It's not like he's really behind, just not super ahead on the books like he was when he started.

How many books as he ?

Superman, Action Comics, LoSH, Yj and sometimes Leviathan, right ? Plus, Heroes and Villains reaction to Clark outing himself ?

That's not that much for him, I suspect.

He's also been working on mini's like....whatever they were, Pearl, and whatever else. Plus I think he's involved with the creators on the Wonder line, he works with Rucka and Fraction on their Super books, he's planning Naomi season 2.....and he's doing stuff with larger media too, I think. Consulting or whatever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    He's also been working on mini's like....whatever they were, Pearl, and whatever else. Plus I think he's involved with the creators on the Wonder line, he works with Rucka and Fraction on their Super books, he's planning Naomi season 2.....and he's doing stuff with larger media too, I think. Consulting or whatever.
    His Jinxworld books I believe were already written, just hadn’t been drawn. His wife is the editor of the Wonder Comics line but he was the one who approached creators like Russel about doing books. I haven’t heard anything about him consulting on anything, frankly I’m not sure what he would be consulting on at DC yet. ITSV2 probably does have the guys reaching out to him for advice regarding Miles if they need it.

But he’s writing four books, Superman, Action, YJ, and LoSH, two of those big teams books, so I’m surprised he might have fallen behind a bit. And he’s also writing that Event Leviathan Checkmate follow up, I do hope that if he gets a Checkmate spin off book from that he gets Rucka to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I love how Romita Jr. gives Cheetah a literal Cheetah face .

Maybe it's because I'm coming into this having not read Event Leviathan yet but it seems like Bendis is trying too hard to make his new original villain important.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how Romita Jr. gives Cheetah a literal Cheetah face .

Maybe it's because I'm coming into this having not read Event Leviathan yet but it seems like Bendis is trying too hard to make his new original villain important.
    I read it and yes, he is.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

JRjr's art looks really great, but when is that awful Daily Planet twitter feed thing going to go away. It COULD be really neat if more thought was put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    JRjr's art looks really great, but when is that awful Daily Planet twitter feed thing going to go away. It COULD be really neat if more thought was put into it.
    Not a fan? I’ve always enjoyed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His Jinxworld books I believe were already written, just hadn’t been drawn. His wife is the editor of the Wonder Comics line but he was the one who approached creators like Russel about doing books. I haven’t heard anything about him consulting on anything, frankly I’m not sure what he would be consulting on at DC yet. ITSV2 probably does have the guys reaching out to him for advice regarding Miles if they need it.
    Eh, I heard he gave some input on.....something? Might've been Into the Spider-Verse, or some DC related thing.....I forget. And I don't even know if it was true. But I know he got called in to help with a bunch of Marvel's larger media adaptations over the years and I doubt him being new to DC would put a stop to that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, same thing happened with the Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, I heard he gave some input on.....something? Might've been Into the Spider-Verse, or some DC related thing.....I forget. And I don't even know if it was true. But I know he got called in to help with a bunch of Marvel's larger media adaptations over the years and I doubt him being new to DC would put a stop to that.
    He was a member of that Marvel Comics Advisory group that helped with the MCU movies before Feige got the MCU separated from Iger. I don’t know what he’d be advising for DC since I assume he’d be asked for help with Superman since that’s the character he’s on, otherwise I don’t know who he would be helping with.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, same thing happened with the Hood.
    Ah yes I remember that guy. Always wondered why Bendis was so infatuated with him since he didn’t make him, Vaughn did iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ah yes I remember that guy. Always wondered why Bendis was so infatuated with him since he didn’t make him, Vaughn did iirc.
    When Bendis likes a character, he'll generally find a way to throw them into whatever he's writing.

Has JRJR seen a gorilla before? I generally like his art, but that looks nothing like Grodd or even a generic gorilla.