Page 155 of 386 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5790

Uh, Roberto and Cecilia are both dark-skinned Afro-Latinos. Casting white Latinos to play them does their characters a disservice (and is a step back for minority representation), especially Roberto whose backstory revolves around being tormented for his dark skin. "Latino" and "Brazilian" are not races; they can be white, black, mestizo, etc.

BANNED

Trailer shows no CGI and holds back heavily on plot.

Reactions: Ugh, this sucks. This 2 minute teaser doesn't convey the emotion I felt when I spent countless hours reading these comics. And they didn't even show their powers.

Trailer shows CGI and gives away big plotlines.

Reactions: Ugh, this sucks. They've already given away too much, and the CGI looked horrible. Would've been better to leave it out until they improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Making generic looking horror movie and stapling X-Men name on it makes it different?
    They even got the stranger things dude to a 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Uh, Roberto and Cecilia are both dark-skinned Afro-Latinos. Casting white Latinos to play them does their characters a disservice (and is a step back for minority representation), especially Roberto whose backstory revolves around being tormented for his dark skin. "Latino" and "Brazilian" are not races; they can be white, black, mestizo, etc.
    they were really safe with the casting. They clearly white washed Roberto.
    Compare this with runaways casting
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-13-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Ok just saw trailer

Point 1) ONly like 100k views so far? Hmm

2) 7k - 800 like to dislike ratio is slightly troubling but not bad

3) They clearly went ALL OUT horror on this teaser, we'll see if that meets the actual film or not

4) The horror components may be a combo of Moonstar's mental powers and also Illyana like conjuring up a link to the Limbo realm
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Ok just saw trailer

Point 1) ONly like 100k views so far? Hmm

2) 7k - 800 like to dislike ratio is slightly troubling but not bad

3) They clearly went ALL OUT horror on this teaser, we'll see if that meets the actual film or not

4) The horror components may be a combo of Moonstar's mental powers and also Illyana like conjuring up a link to the Limbo realm
    let's see in 24 hours if it get more views. some places people are waking up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Making generic looking horror movie and stapling X-Men name on it makes it different?
    Did stapling Logan on a generic looking western movie make it different?

Most people said yes to that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Trailer shows no CGI and holds back heavily on plot.

Reactions: Ugh, this sucks. This 2 minute teaser doesn't convey the emotion I felt when I spent countless hours reading these comics. And they didn't even show their powers.

Trailer shows CGI and gives away big plotlines.

Reactions: Ugh, this sucks. They've already given away too much, and the CGI looked horrible. Would've been better to leave it out until they improved it.
    Are you one of those that thinks a product is "FANTASTIC!!!" just because the name of your favorite brand is plastered on it ? Figures.
    See how caricature works both ways.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Yeah so Fox is trying to do pretty much the opposite of Marvel/Disney. While I do think they need to get away from the messy camp of Singer, horror seems to be the wrong direction because it's going to further put the X-Men on the fringe, narrowing the audience that much more.

Honestly, that might not be a bad thing though and might contribute more toward DisMarvel getting the properties back to do them proper justice.

The X-Men aren't for adults-only. Never were.

Fox = not my X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

You literally just destroyed this person. Well done. So many hot takes in this thread my lap top is ONNNN FIIIIIIREEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Actually, I don't consider Logan to be different. It's a good movie, but different? Give me a break. An aged ex hero reluctantly goes on a last mission that gets him. Never seen that movie before.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    You literally just destroyed this person. Well done. So many hot takes in this thread my lap top is ONNNN FIIIIIIREEEE.
    Well, I was actually going to use Logan as an example. But I didn't want to trigger people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Are you one of those that thinks a product is "FANTASTIC!!!" just because the name of your favorite brand is plastered on it ? Figures.
    See how caricature works both ways.
    When did I say that? We've seen too little to make any true judgments.

Extraordinary Member

New Mutants Trailer REACTION
    Beyond The Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B15xEHS6elM
    Last edited by mace11; 10-13-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The actress playing Cecilia is looks like a brown latino.
    She does not look white to me.
    She is near white but not white.
    The actor playing sunspot could be white however.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-13-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    To all the folks who keep disavowing the horror aspect of the New Mutants --- did none of y'all READ the New Mutants???

Demonic dimensions, horrific alternate futures, evil vampire goddess in the Amazon jungle, THE DEMON BEAR SAGA, the Fall of the Mutants storyline set on that freaky Island of Dr.Moreau-mutha-phuka, the BEYONDER casually murdering them one by one and then resurrecting them into emotionless traumatized drone children??

Just cuz they did it all in yellow spandex don't mean it wasn't horrific stuff, y'all.

it the demon bear story. it's doesn't get much more horror themed than the one best new mutant stories ever.