Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Oh cool, thanks

I feel like I've seen part of that cover somewhere but I can't remember where... nah I've never seen it anywhere, it would make a good gif with other Ivy's pics though I bet.

Spectacular Member

Simone's story was better than I expected. And judging by the reviews I'm reading online this is a success.
    But now I want to see more. What was your favorite moment?
    For me it was Ivy's famous kiss of death and how it was utilized and of course the "Not any parent" moment.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post

Simone's story was better than I expected. And judging by the reviews I'm reading online this is a success.
    But now I want to see more. What was your favorite moment?
    For me it was Ivy's famous kiss of death and how it was utilized and of course the "Not any parent" moment.
    I have to say, that whole part that leads up the the part where Ivy uses that kiss of death is great! I think the build up to that, with the talk that Batgirl and Ivy have with him, to the talk about SADs, then the goodbye kiss from Ivy was all great! I love that Batgirl and Ivy are more alike then they think.

Also did you put that image together?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I have to say, that whole part that leads up the the part where Ivy uses that kiss of death is great! I think the build up to that, with the talk that Batgirl and Ivy have with him, to the talk about SADs, then the goodbye kiss from Ivy was all great! I love that Batgirl and Ivy are more alike then they think.

Also did you put that image together?
    Nope, found it online. I really like how Batgirl cares for Ivy (more than she thought). Quality writing. Now I want some more Ivy. Too bad her only appearance in the following months is in Harley Quinn. Quick! Back to beaver jokes! Don't let Ivy evolve as a character! And always put her behind Harley.

Ivy was voted #9 in CSBG's Best Batman Villains List: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...villains-10-6/

That was pretty good compared to the other Batman female villains. Talia placed #12, Harley was #11 and even the original bad girl Catwoman beat Ivy only by one spot at #8. Though it should be noted that Catwoman placed in the Batman Allies list at #6.

It was the Scarecrow's placement at #7 that surprised me the most, beating both Catwoman and Poison Ivy. The Riddler and Penguin placed at #4 and #5 respectively, beating Bane who was #6. All in all, a pretty interesting list, even though the Top 3 (Joker, Ra's and Two-Face) weren't surprising.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ivy was voted #9 in CSBG's Best Batman Villains List: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...villains-10-6/

That was pretty good compared to the other Batman female villains. Talia placed #12, Harley was #11 and even the original bad girl Catwoman beat Ivy only by one spot at #8. Though it should be noted that Catwoman placed in the Batman Allies list at #6.

It was the Scarecrow's placement at #7 that surprised me the most, beating both Catwoman and Poison Ivy. The Riddler and Penguin placed at #4 and #5 respectively, beating Bane who was #6. All in all, a pretty interesting list, even though the Top 3 (Joker, Ra's and Two-Face) weren't surprising.
    I read the article. They never said we could vote Ivy in allies. After Batgirl Annual, the stakes are high.

Spectacular Member

I'm gonna try and post some pics that you liked from the original thread.

Ivy fans which PI fans do you prefer? I prefer the 'New' AS.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Seems like there is going to be a child Pamela Isley in the new "Gotham" show on Fox, as shown in its first trailer:

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

As long as they don't ruin her by making her a villain before her time I am happy lol. This show looks great though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I like both, but I like the real looking feel to the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    Nope, found it online. I really like how Batgirl cares for Ivy (more than she thought). Quality writing. Now I want some more Ivy. Too bad her only appearance in the following months is in Harley Quinn. Quick! Back to beaver jokes! Don't let Ivy evolve as a character! And always put her behind Harley.
    God I wish Harley Quinn was not such a killer to who Ivy has become in the new52. I get it, its popular, she is like the Deadpool of DC. But that beaver joke XD.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

The first one. Looks a bit more human. The second one was revealed to be a clone that Iv made in order to live a normal life.

BTAS Ivy was one smokin' lady whose feisty sultriness increased Poison Ivy's popularity ten fold. It was from BTAS that I first became aware of Poison Ivy. The voluptuous redhead with a plant motif shooting from her glove crossbow was an epitome of sexiness. A fact that I was somehow aware of even in my childhood.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    BTAS Ivy was one smokin' lady whose feisty sultriness increased Poison Ivy's popularity ten fold. It was from BTAS that I first became aware of Poison Ivy. The voluptuous redhead with a plant motif shooting from her glove crossbow was an epitome of sexiness. A fact that I was somehow aware of even in my childhood.

I couldn't agree more...it was by that time that I fell in love with her also.

On another note I'm really curious to see where they are going to take with Ivy on the Gotham TV show? I'm open to liking the show even if they made the terrible mistake of calling her Ivy Pepper....?????

Also....would guys like to see her in the new line of highly articulated action figures based on the animated series? Which version would you prefer? BTAS or BNAS? I would love both of course but always thought the first design to be far more superior.

Ultimate Member

Ivy is essentially an uber-environmentalist with an obsession with plants. That'd be pretty easy for the show to do. She probably won't even have powers yet. Maybe she's some kind of eco-terrorist. If her name really is "Ivy Pepper" on the show, then I'm not a huge fan of that. Pamela Isley just sounds much better.