Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Bendis in Batman is clearly the best move to do. Bendis is more suited to street-level stories. When he tries to do "cosmics" stories, like in Superman, it's dull, but in Action comics his Leviathan arc, with street levels bad guys, is very good. Seriously, Tom King in Superman and Bendis in Batman can be very interesting.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Bendis in Batman is clearly the best move to do. Bendis is more suited to street-level stories. When he tries to do "cosmics" stories, like in Superman, it's dull, but in Action comics his Leviathan arc, with street levels bad guys, is very good. Seriously, Tom King in Superman and Bendis in Batman can be very interesting.
    If Bendis was put on Batman, we would see the Batman monthly sell as low as 60,000. Personally I don't have a problem with Bendis, I like his current work well enough, but readers would drop the ongoing in mass exodus after now discovering that the character they had previously loved is now being handled by another of one of the most hated writers in comics after having to put up with King for years

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I'm really curious as to why King would announce a generational shift in Batman moving forward, only to be more or less fired from the books shortly thereafter.

Something is not adding up here.
    DC are spineless. They proved that with Damned. They probably agreed to his generational shift initially and now they've bottled it as the time grew nearer. Now they don't want any major shake-up of the character for fear of losing readers, so they're taking him off the book and he'll get to do his thing in a mini that they can say is out of continuity.

That's my take anyway.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    DC are spineless. They proved that with Damned. They probably agreed to his generational shift initially and now they've bottled it as the time grew nearer. Now they don't want any major shake-up of the character for fear of losing readers, so they're taking him off the book and he'll get to do his thing in a mini that they can say is out of continuity.

That's my take anyway.
    It seems to be more politically motivated that Bob Harras hated his run and saw an opening (the weak sales) to fire him from Batman. This is very typical of how he ran 90s era Marvel (into the ground).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It seems to be more politically motivated that Bob Harras hated his run and saw an opening (the weak sales) to fire him from Batman. This is very typical of how he ran 90s era Marvel (into the ground).
    Honestly surprised at the position Harras has at DC when you consider how badly he screwed up while at Marvel. It's really kinda funny tbh

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly surprised at the position Harras has at DC when you consider how badly he screwed up while at Marvel. It's really kinda funny tbh
    Pretty sure the last good thing Harras did was put the Avengers in bomber jackets...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like King's run a lot but I certainly wouldn't want to see Bruce Wayne get married unless he gave up being Batman. My totally unsubstantiated guess is this is what the "generational" change was meant to be: Bruce marries Selina, gives up being Batman (we've already established that Batman and love can't coexist) and Dick recovers from his headshot and takes up the Bat-mantle. Then we end up with Batman and Robin (Damian) again, a pretty good dynamic actually.

Either way it's not a good look for DC.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth

Incredible Member

This seems to be exactly what happened.

And again, rather than just let him finish it, they'd rather have 7 months of random filler? That is SO stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I like King's run a lot but I certainly wouldn't want to see Bruce Wayne get married unless he gave up being Batman. My totally unsubstantiated guess is this is what the "generational" change was meant to be: Bruce marries Selina, gives up being Batman (we've already established that Batman and love can't coexist) and Dick recovers from his headshot and takes up the Bat-mantle. Then we end up with Batman and Robin (Damian) again, a pretty good dynamic actually.
    Bruce not being Batman for whatever reason and Dick taking up the mantle is hardly ground-breaking stuff though. It would just be a rehash.
    Currently Reading

So Harras wasn't a fan so King decided to go above him to WB/AT&T to get approval for something that Harras said no to? I'm just trying to understand why he felt the need to go all the way to AT&T to get permission.

Astonishing Member

These are two unrelated events (Harras not liking King's run and King wanting to do something major).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-23-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Just mentioned this in another thread...just see if Morrison will come back and write that book. He said he'd have written Dick/Damian for years but DC wanted Bruce to return in a hurry. He probably has several ideas all cooked up and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well she could always scratch his eyes out first Ha ha and render him blind as a bat! so it's not like Bruce has a advantage over her because unlike the Lois lanes and Mary Jane's of the comic verse she can actually whip her Beau's ass if it comes down to a throwdown or at least let him know he has been in a fight.
    I'd place a bet that Bruce would drop Selina first from slugging her across the face, but mainly due to experience and his mental state at the moment lol
    And yes i know she didn't go down the last time he whacked her but i'm sure that pent up rejection rage could work in his favour.

Incredible Member

These are two unrelated events (Harras not like King's run and King wanting to do something major).
    Which is why I really want to know if/how he'll be able to finish the story in another book properly or not.

If this Harras guy has some sort of personal problem with Tom King, but whatever changes he had wanted to make had already been approved by higher ups, than can the story he wanted to tell still be told or not?
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-23-2019 at 12:33 PM.