BANNED

Default Galactus vs Starbreaker

Galactus in his star form takes on post crisis Starbreaker.
    20200101130827.jpg

Let's assume he can't access to his cosmic power in this form and must rely on the powers his "starry" form provide. Can Starbreaker prevail or is he still beyond his league?

Bonus Round pre crisis Starbreaker takes on the entire Marvel cosmic Pantheon. Whom can he overcome and who haults his march?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Why would Galactus have different powers when presenting in his true form?

BANNED

No real reason except for the purpose of this particular rumble otherwise he may just use his power of transmutation to reduce the Starbreaker to energy or something and it may turn out to be a stomp in Galactus favor as post crisis Starbreaker wasn't nearly as much of a powerhouse as his pre crisis version was IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    No real reason except for the purpose of this particular rumble otherwise he may just use his power of transmutation to reduce the Starbreaker to energy or something and it may turn out to be a stomp in Galactus favor as post crisis Starbreaker wasn't nearly as much of a powerhouse as his pre crisis version was IIRC.
    So, what powers are you intending for him to have access to?

Galactus' powers are all the power cosmic. You take that away and he kinda stops being who he is.

BANNED

Well I was intending the rumble to be a duel between a sentient star being and all it entails versus a star consumer in the vein of Galactus vs Ego( planet eater vs living planet). Can a sentient star actively resist and repel the Starbreaker somehow is the premise of the thread.

Well I was intending the rumble to be a duel between a sentient star being and all it entails versus a star consumer in the vein of Galactus vs Ego( planet eater vs living planet). Can a sentient star actively resist and repel the Starbreaker somehow is the premise of the thread.
    I see.

But the issue is that Galactus has powers way beyond a sentient star.

Also, Ego has powers beyond just being a sentient planet. You would need to decide what powers your sentient star character, be it Galactus or otherwise, is bringing to the table.

Galactus has no different feats in his "star form" then otherwise. It's a cool concept but a tricky Rumble.

Perhaps Solaris would make a better match up?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I see.

But the issue is that Galactus has powers way beyond a sentient star.

Also, Ego has powers beyond just being a sentient planet. You would need to decide what powers your sentient star character, be it Galactus or otherwise, is bringing to the table.
    Yes but all those other powers would make for a very uneven rumble so the assumption/stipulation.You could also argue that the Star Form is his true form and he is vulnerable to attacks without his armour in that form as he is unable to channel his energies properly in this form making offense/defense a tricky business as was evident when he first emerged in the presence of the Watcher and hence his creating the armour in the first place so it is not a stretch if he relies on the powers provided by his star-like form. He even reverted to a star when he "died" in the death of Galactus.As for what powers he possesses in this form that is the standard control and manipulation of stellar energies and control over heat gravity and the electro magnetic spectrum. If anyone can suggest some additional abilities then they are welcome to do so.
    Last edited by Desmark; 01-01-2020 at 08:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Galactus has no different feats in his "star form" then otherwise. It's a cool concept but a tricky Rumble.

Perhaps Solaris would make a better match up?
    Perhaps but I was saving him for a Solaris vs the sun eater rumble.

Perhaps but I was saving him for a Solaris vs the sun eater rumble.
    Didnt Solaris kill a Sun Eater? Admittedly, I think that might have been All Star Superman which is secondary canon iirc.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Didnt Solaris kill a Sun Eater? Admittedly, I think that might have been All Star Superman which is secondary canon iirc.
    A baby sun eater in All-Star Superman, yeah.