Page 116 of 661 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    At a Later Time

After conversing with her teammates, Asha'rah found her way to their host. A young man to have inherited so much responsibility and material wealth, he appeared to have put his talents to great use. She had seen more wonders of technology with in person today than she had in all her years prior. She was keen to meditate on all that had transpired, to try to gather the fragments of herself she could feel floating just out of reach. But this man had earned her time, and she would be staying on his property besides.

"Mr. Pantaloon, you wished to speak?"

"Indeed. I did not have time to ask, earlier, but I saw that titanic apparition in the sky just before you appeared. I was perhaps wondering what you know of it."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

After finishing his meal, the Nevadian entered the healing room.

Multiple empty tanks of regeneration took center stage, the clear liquid within slowly bubbling, gently moving the breathing apparatuses within.

Held frowned at the sight of it. There was nothing wrong with it, perse. If anything, it would be considered a boon.

But Held did not think his situation warranted such measures. He was tired, sure. Exhausted, even. It had been a long series of events that brought him to this point, after all.

Nonetheless, he was hardly broken. With the exception of his wrist, which had recovered quite a bit since Chaun had saw fit to take a look at it.

He was far more battered and bruised than broken, and the thought of spending the remainder of his day trapped in that chamber did little awaken enthusiasm within him.

He resolved that he would force himself to rest in such contraptions when he was at his limit, and not before then.

I wonder what they have to kill time around here.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi just smiles kindly and runs a few scans over them both. After a moment, he nods to them and tells them they can get off the tables.

"Now then, lets see what we have here."

OT: What will Jinzi see is powering them?
    OT: A power cell like in Terminator, only with ki instead of nuclear power.

IC: Midori and Shiro slid off the inspection table, walked over to the eccentric doctor, and Midori asked "So what are you thinking Mr. Pantaloons? See any way to make us stronger?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    After finishing his meal, the Nevadian entered the healing room.

Multiple empty tanks of regeneration took center stage, the clear liquid within slowly bubbling, gently moving the breathing apparatuses within.

Held frowned at the sight of it. There was nothing wrong with it, perse. If anything, it would be considered a boon.

But Held did not think his situation warranted such measures. He was tired, sure. Exhausted, even. It had been a long series of events that brought him to this point, after all.

Nonetheless, he was hardly broken. With the exception of his wrist, which had recovered quite a bit since Chaun had saw fit to take a look at it.

He was far more battered and bruised than broken, and the thought of spending the remainder of his day trapped in that chamber did little awaken enthusiasm within him.

He resolved that he would force himself to rest in such contraptions when he was at his limit, and not before then.

I wonder what they have to kill time around here.......
    As Held was in the regeneration room Jack's pod opened up.

He clambered unsteadily from the chamber, still covered in a light film of the gooey, sticky, healing...goo stuff. He wiped his eyes clean enough to see, catching sight of Held as he did. Huh, what was his name again? In all the excitement since his group had been teleported out of cask, Jack had not actually really talked to anyone outside that original group, nothing beyond small talk anyways.

"Stuff works like a charm, but I really wouldn't call these tanks, pleasant," he grumbled. "Afraid we haven't formally met, I'm Jack Knave, pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope you won't be offended to I forgo the traditional handshake." This is kind of an awkward moment to begin meeting someone actually...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    As Held was in the regeneration room Jack's pod opened up.

He clambered unsteadily from the chamber, still covered in a light film of the gooey, sticky, healing...goo stuff. He wiped his eyes clean enough to see, catching sight of Held as he did. Huh, what was his name again? In all the excitement since his group had been teleported out of cask, Jack had not actually really talked to anyone outside that original group, nothing beyond small talk anyways.

"Stuff works like a charm, but I really wouldn't call these tanks, pleasant," he grumbled. "Afraid we haven't formally met, I'm Jack Knave, pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope you won't be offended to I forgo the traditional handshake." This is kind of an awkward moment to begin meeting someone actually...
    Held could not hid the grimace at the sight of the unseemly substance that Jack found himself coated in.

"I would...Uh.....Imagine not." The Nevadian said at last, managing to overcome his discomfort of the situation. "I'd like to avoid setting foot in there as long as I can help it, honestly."

Jack Knave, huh....

It took a moment for the Nevadian to even place the voice--one he had vaguely heard hear and there--with the face, one that he had seen here and there during the meeting, and only caught a few glimpses of during the training with Jinzi.

"The pleasure's mine, Jack." Held said, returning the slime coated mans greeting with one of his own, "And If you didn't insist on avoiding a handshake, I would have done so for you."

I really have the worst timing....Between Ishtar and Jack, I've been stumbling from half naked person coated in something, to half naked person coated in something even worse...Maybe.

"The name's Held. Held Debon."
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-28-2018 at 05:20 PM.

???:

The Oni sat cross-legged in the middle of one of Jinzi's many gravity chambers. Eyes closed, the only indication of her continued existence was the slow, steady cadence of her breathing. A feat in itself, considering she had set the room to a multiplier of five, before locking herself in. The increase in weight was tremendous, and it took everything the woman had to simply continue breathing. Then, and only then, she began her meditation.

In. Ishtar's lungs, and all of the muscles involved in the process of breathing, strained against the force pressing against them.

So what had been gained this day ?

She, as well as others, had been drawn to Dusk City. In so doing, they had found that the miners had unsealed a powerful blood mage who had proceeded to ensnare the 2,000 inhabitants of Dusk City so that he could regain his strength. The matter had quickly been rectified, and Kami, the current Kami, had revealed herself to explain the situation. The previous guardian of the planet had fallen, and was now seeking out the Dragonballs, powerful trinkets; for an as of yet unknown purpose. To use them, surely. Kami had then explained there were others, and that they would be borne away to meet them with her permission; but not before entrusting them with a Dragonball.

Out. She the exhale easier, but only just. Her muscles continuing their fight against the pressure set against them. In. At this, even her bones cried out as in plea to a God ... but their supplications would go unanswered.

What then ?

They had arrived, along with the other groups- most of whom she had yet to fully acquaint herself with- at the main facility of their benefactor, Jinzi Pantaloon. Who explained in greater detail the situation, and explained that he could prepare everyone for the tasks to come. From there, the tasks had been divided into three groups. The Martial Arts Tournament, and Battersea's Dragonball. A Special Operation to assault the Red Raider's base, in an attempt to reacquire the Dragonball Willa Rautt had taken from Mr. Pantaloon. Finally, there was to be a group left behind, in order to protect the four they had collected thus far. Many had jumped at the chance to compete in the Tournament, regardless of whether or not they were actually fit for the task .. she herself, had cautioned patience. Not much notice was paid to this- as to be expected- yet Jinzi had agreed and whisked them all away to the next step of his "plan".

In.

He showed them his creation then, the GeoFront, a city underneath a city- and their new base for the next week- and it was a wonder of creation. As intelligent has he was, however, Mr. Pantaloon decided to attack the group, then. His technology was a match for most of them, and had he understood his footing better, there was even a chance he could have prevailed ... but a combination of telepathic coordination, and unorthodox fighting methods had put the man on the back foot. The Mozzarella tree had been a rather clever adaptation, the woman thought as she recalled Sasheem's strategy. From there, several things had happened exceedingly quickly. Several individuals had stepped in to disrupt Mr. Pantaloon's defenses. Charco, and one other ... Zaofan, had decided that those defenses would not matter. They attacked in an instant, and those who had been engaging Mr. Pantaloon physically had been caught up in the explosion.

Out. Again, the easy step. Still, her body cried out in anguish. Long had it been since she experienced a pain so thorough. With conscious effort, and over the span of several minutes, the Oni forced her pain to the wayside. All the while, her measured breathing and the occasional grimace the only indication she still lived.

What had she learned from the fight ? A few things, but the end of the fight had raised several questions.

Why had no one moved ?

The first was simple enough, and had multiple answers. Some had not seen, or expected it. Others had attempted to move, but had misjudged the speed and size of the blast. Others still, had not believed their new teammates to be capable of such a careless act. That no one had died, was nothing short of a surprise.

The next was trickier. Had those that had fired the blasts, intended to kill

Perhaps. Perhaps they had misjudged their own strength. Young and untrained as they were- at least in the case of Charco- it would be no surprise that they were unaware of the extent of their abilities. Perhaps they had expected the others would move. Charco had bellowed something or other, beforehand, perhaps he had felt it was enough ? Ishtar felt that was an unacceptable answer. There were ways of being more careful, and yelling out someone's name, The name of an attack, perhaps ? was simply foolish. Perhaps though ... killing had been the intent. Though, with no way to know for sure it seemed best to leave that train of thought for later.

The next question, however, was her primary reason for meditation.

Why did I stay ?

That she had inadvertently saved the life of Held, was of no consequence. She had not known he was behind her until after he had pointed it out. What she had known however, was that the blast was coming. There had been time to move, yet she had set herself, and met the attacks head on. Live or die, she had meant to push forward. As she had on that dead world, all those years ago .. but why ? Mr. Pantaloon, Charco, Zaofan ... they were not Zurvan. The answer to a question that burned a hole in her gut had not compelled her to push forward. No deeper meaning, or next step on the path to knowing herself. Though ...

Perhaps that had been the point.

She had seen her Death, after all. Had been shown the place, and the time, and the reason for her fire to fade. It was not this place. Or this time. To run in the face of forces she knew could do nothing more than harm her body- would serve nothing but a fear she had not felt since Zurvan had shown her that all things- even her favorite fruit tree- will end.

At this she could only slip into a silence.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Held could not hid the grimace at the sight of the unseemly substance that Jack found himself coated in.

"I would...Uh.....Imagine not." The Nevadian said at last, managing to overcome his discomfort of the situation. "I'd like to avoid setting foot in there as long as I can help it, honestly."

Jack Knave, huh....

It took a moment for the Nevadian to even place the voice--one he had vaguely heard hear and there--with the face, one that he had seen here and there during the meeting, and only caught a few glimpses of during the training with Jinzi.

"The pleasure's mine, Jack." Held said, returning the slime coated mans greeting with one of his own, "And If you didn't insist on avoiding a handshake, I would have done so for you."

I really have the worst timing....Between Ishtar and Jack, I've been stumbling from half naked person coated in something, to half naked person coated in something even worse...Maybe.

"The name's Held. Held Debron."
    "Nice to meet you, Held," Jack replied in turn, "Excuse me just a moment."

Jack stepped behind one of the tanks with a few towels, and emerged a few moments later, mostly cleaned off, and with a towel wrapped around his bottom half, so he was slightly less near nude then he had been in just a pair of boxers. With most of the goo cleaned off there was very clear tattoo of a spade over Jack's heart, looking exactly like one would find on a playing card.

"So you're an alien right?" he asked, remembering Sarada, Totoma, and Koorimaru mentioning something about a 'Nevada' whenever they had been speaking to Held earlier in the day. which was a bit odd to be honest, as Held looked exactly human, even more so than Sarada, or Meagan, whose tail and ears respectively had marked them out as otherworldly. This Held Debron though, he looked pretty much just like any random dude. "What brings you to Earth, out of curiosity?"

Really just hoping this guy doesn't come from another world conquering race. I'm starting to get worried that even if we take out old Kami, there will be even more threats randomly falling from the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her teeth gritted. Why couldn't he just leave well enough alone? This wasn't something she wanted to talk about, especially with someone else in the bath with them.

She looked away, and didn't answer. Hopefully, with luck, that would get her message across.

It was humiliating, being confronted with her own cowardice. She ran away because she didn't want to be a slave; she was sure he knew that. But, running away went against literally everything the Saiyan race stood for. They confronted their destiny with courage and pride. They didn't run away from anything, they ran toward it. To admit that turning tail and fleeing her destiny was to admit that she had forsaken tradition.

Thankfully, he changed the subject after that. It wasn't, though, what she expected to hear. His mother was dead. The third strongest saiyan that they knew of was dead. "What?" Any disgruntled, unfriendly expression she had been wearing mere moments ago faded into the ether, quickly and permanently replaced by a look of sheer disbelief. "That... that's impossible... she was so strong...."

Though, she supposed he would know. He was there when she died. A distress signal from another group of Saiyans who were summarily killed moments after, she assumed. The killer possessed a power level of 40,000. Her disbelief was stretched to its limit. "That's not possible. There has only been one saiyan in history that strong. And he's been dead for thousands of years." Vocado the Legendary Super Saiyan died over two thousand years ago shortly after founding the planet Vocado after liberating his race from Arcosian enslavement. He died fighting the Arcosian Glacier alone. There was no way his genetic material was somehow preserved for over two millennia.

It was just impossible.

Scouters could be wrong, but if he killed Tasure as easily as Totoma implied, he was stronger than any saiyan she knew of. Races just didn't get that strong. It wasn't possible.

"What planet was this?"
    Totoma gave a brief nod of acknowledgement to Chou when he left, then turned his attention back to Sarada.

Ah, the name of the planet... did it even have a name? Hm.

"Planet Vejituh, I think," replied Totoma. "It's... about halfway between Vacado and Earth, but a bit closer to Earth."

It would have been a perfectly habitable planet, save for the wildlife, which was... not welcoming. Might be a good training place, though. Lots of food, water, higher-than-normal gravity... strong wildlife. Maybe that's why those Saiyans had stopped there?

"Still, that guy's strength was just unreal. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been there," said Totoma. "I mean, how in the heck does someone even get that strong, in the first place?"

A thought occurred to Totoma. "...could he have been a Super Saiyan? I mean, normal Saiyans don't get that strong, so..."

He was (probably) a Saiyan and his power was definitely "super", so... that would make him a "Super Saiyan" in a sense, right?
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Nice to meet you, Held," Jack replied in turn, "Excuse me just a moment."

Jack stepped behind one of the tanks with a few towels, and emerged a few moments later, mostly cleaned off, and with a towel wrapped around his bottom half, so he was slightly less near nude then he had been in just a pair of boxers. With most of the goo cleaned off there was very clear tattoo of a spade over Jack's heart, looking exactly like one would find on a playing card.

"So you're an alien right?" he asked, remembering Sarada, Totoma, and Koorimaru mentioning something about a 'Nevada' whenever they had been speaking to Held earlier in the day. which was a bit odd to be honest, as Held looked exactly human, even more so than Sarada, or Meagan, whose tail and ears respectively had marked them out as otherworldly. This Held Debron though, he looked pretty much just like any random dude. "What brings you to Earth, out of curiosity?"

Really just hoping this guy doesn't come from another world conquering race. I'm starting to get worried that even if we take out old Kami, there will be even more threats randomly falling from the stars.
    Held turned away from a moment as the man took measures to preserve his modesty.

When Jack spoke, clearly ready to continue the conversation, his gaze returned to the man once more, noting among other things, the curious tattoo on the left side of his chest.

A spade? Huh. This guy must really like his card games....Or maybe he's the type to get a tattoo because it simply looks cool....Not that there is anything wrong with that.

"Nevadian, yes." He replied, nodding his head in affirmation.

I can't say I'm surprised at the question, my people don't normally choose earth as our final destination for a summer home.

"And....That's a complicated story." Held admitted, mentally choosing how much of his life he intended on discussing. "Let's just say it wasn't my intention. I pretty much just fell from the stars, thanks to a...."

I don't think telling him I pretty much crashed from one world ending event to another three years later is going to do anyone any favors...

"Let's just say it was a technical malfunction with my ship. Kami saved me--apparently--and I've spent the last three years trying to get a new ship...."

He shrugged.

"Well, some of it was spent studying earth customs, and some of it was spent on other less.... 'Noble' endevours, for lack of a better term."

The Nevadian couldn't help but smirk slightly as he recalled how this journey of his began, gaining access to The Capsule Of The World, by defeating an arrogant man in a game of skill and chance.

"But I think it's been time well spent."

(Seeing as things are, gonna do the time mess stuff. Was invited anyway so..)

"If you two will excuse me, I'll be going for now. Although once I get cleaned up I'll be around if you two need me." She was still sweaty and hadn't gotten properly cleaned due to being distracted by a variety of other task. It was something she aimed to amend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "

Though, she supposed he would know. He was there when she died. A distress signal from another group of Saiyans who were summarily killed moments after, she assumed. The killer possessed a power level of 40,000. Her disbelief was stretched to its limit. "That's not possible. There has only been one saiyan in history that strong. And he's been dead for thousands of years." Vocado the Legendary Super Saiyan died over two thousand years ago shortly after founding the planet Vocado after liberating his race from Arcosian enslavement. He died fighting the Arcosian Glacier alone. There was no way his genetic material was somehow preserved for over two millennia.

It was just impossible.

Scouters could be wrong, but if he killed Tasure as easily as Totoma implied, he was stronger than any saiyan she knew of. Races just didn't get that strong. It wasn't possible.

"What planet was this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma gave a brief nod of acknowledgement to Chou when he left, then turned his attention back to Sarada.

Ah, the name of the planet... did it even have a name? Hm.

"Planet Vejituh, I think," replied Totoma. "It's... about halfway between Vacado and Earth, but a bit closer to Earth."

It would have been a perfectly habitable planet, save for the wildlife, which was... not welcoming. Might be a good training place, though. Lots of food, water, higher-than-normal gravity... strong wildlife. Maybe that's why those Saiyans had stopped there?

"Still, that guy's strength was just unreal. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been there," said Totoma. "I mean, how in the heck does someone even get that strong, in the first place?"

A thought occurred to Totoma. "...could he have been a Super Saiyan? I mean, normal Saiyans don't get that strong, so..."

He was (probably) a Saiyan and his power was definitely "super", so... that would make him a "Super Saiyan" in a sense, right?
    It didn't take too long for Karine to reach the bathing area, it was more grand in size and style then she thought. Then again, our host is rich to put it lightly. Only stands to reason.

Being exposed to water was a pain for her kind, but it wasn't too bad besides slightly weakening her powers with prolonged use. Luckily the ideas of water acting like a sort of acid was wrong, among the host of other silly things like being unable to come into a home unvited. She was really baffled how that myth came about even if she knew 'vampires' were really bits and pieces of truth of her kind in a modern sense.

She could only conclude it had been from a particular serial killer that had their own quirk or trademark. It did fit something she knew of..

Shaking the musings aside, Karine stripped down before submering into the water. If she had her way, she would downsized the damned things in reference to her chest, they had certainly gotten in the way of things more then once though no one was here. Public beaches she'd probably have to be dragged kicking and screaming to, she couldn't remember the last time she had went in her older years. At least there wasn't anyone around.

Her content happy sigh and general peaceful mood faltered when just five feet away after the steam died down, she made out the form of Sarada. She didn't like the Sayain, but she could deal with being on civil terms. That she could handle at least.

A naked Totoma was another matter entirely.

Karine sunk deeper into the water in embarrassment, only the mop of her hair and red eyes were visible. Perhaps if she played it smart she could make her escape unnoticed by either..
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 01-28-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Finishing up her meal, Meagan walked out of the cafeteria, then paused. Unlike the others, she saw no reason to beat herself up to a pulp training when rest would make her stronger.

Heading over to the rooms designated as rest areas, Meagan grabbed a blanket and a pillow from inside, then walked away until she could see the roofs of the buildings. With minimal effort, she flew up and landed on one particularly isolated roof. Once there, she laid out the blanket, the pillow, then herself on them. Making herself comfortable, she quickly fell asleep.
    A few hours later, she wakes up, stretches then get's back on her feet. Though still a little groggy, she can already feel an increase in her Ki levels. Jumping off the side of the building while using her Ki to cushion or descent, Meagan decides to walk around and see what the others
    are up to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    (Seeing as things are, gonna do the time mess stuff. Was invited anyway so..)

"If you two will excuse me, I'll be going for now. Although once I get cleaned up I'll be around if you two need me." She was still sweaty and hadn't gotten properly cleaned due to being distracted by a variety of other task. It was something she aimed to amend.

It didn't take too long for Karine to reach the bathing area, it was more grand in size and style then she thought. Then again, our host is rich to put it lightly. Only stands to reason.

Being exposed to water was a pain for her kind, but it wasn't too bad besides slightly weakening her powers with prolonged use. Luckily the ideas of water acting like a sort of acid was wrong, among the host of other silly things like being unable to come into a home unvited. She was really baffled how that myth came about even if she knew 'vampires' were really bits and pieces of truth of her kind in a modern sense.

She could only conclude it had been from a particular serial killer that had their own quirk or trademark. It did fit something she knew of..

Shaking the musings aside, Karine stripped down before submering into the water. If she had her way, she would downsized the damned things in reference to her chest, they had certainly gotten in the way of things more then once though no one was here. Public beaches she'd probably have to be dragged kicking and screaming to, she couldn't remember the last time she had went in her older years. At least there wasn't anyone around.

Her content happy sigh and general peaceful mood faltered when just five feet away after the steam died down, she made out the form of Sarada. She didn't like the Sayain, but she could deal with being on civil terms. That she could handle at least.

A naked Totoma was another matter entirely.

Karine sunk deeper into the water in embarrassment, only the mop of her hair and red eyes were visible. Perhaps if she played it smart she could make her escape unnoticed by either..
    Totoma happened to look over and make direct eye contact with Karine. That was... not what he expected. Not what he expected at all. Hoo boy, if he'd looked over just a moment earlier, she wouldn't have been mostly submerged and he'd have gotten an eyeful... for the second time today.

Kari probably would have died of embarrassment. He didn't know why... back during their school years, she'd had a lot of admirers among the guys. Though, despite that, he couldn't remember her ever having a boyfriend. Kinda weird, but... eh, maybe it was a cultural thing. Like, maybe Nosfer... pires could only date and marry others of their kind. He'd never really asked.

After an awkward moment of silent eye contact, Totoma averted his eyes and then spoke up: "Oh, hey Kari. What's up? Thanks for dragging me to the healing tank earlier. I owe ya one."

Wait, had she been the one to strip him, or the Chuan guy?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    OT: A power cell like in Terminator, only with ki instead of nuclear power.

IC: Midori and Shiro slid off the inspection table, walked over to the eccentric doctor, and Midori asked "So what are you thinking Mr. Pantaloons? See any way to make us stronger?"

“I believe I do, actually. If I may, I would like permission to make a single adjustment to a device located in the back of each of your necks. May I?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ehhh.....why is metal man asking so many questions........want Erosa to look at stupid ink blot next like....like...." Rather then mentally, Erosa spat every syllable of the next word out of her mouth with all the pent up fury she could muster on the spot. "...psy-co-la-gist!"

She looked Asha'rah up and down again, then her frown vanished back to her toothy smile. "We take break from question time...too much of one thing make Erosa bored. Lets play game now? Fun game to get stronger! You win, Erosa talk some more. Erosa win....Umm......you do something for Erosa. Think of thing later. C'mon....lets play."
    Asha'rah bowed, cupping one hand at her waist while raising the other above her head. She was game. Interacting with Erosa through physical and mental activity would reveal much about her as well, and perhaps forge a bond besides. Erosa was of course ill suited to winding conversations.

"Of course, how selfish of me. To question is to strive forward, but there are endless ways to strive. What do you have in mind?"

With a flick of her wrist, she summoned her orbs to rest at the tip of her finger, outstretched and pointing upwards. They settled into the formation of a gold and azure diamond shape, each orb clinking softly against the others as it found its spot. It looked as if the whole shape were balanced on her finger alone, and then it began spinning, like basketball players were sometimes wont to do. Just a little trick to get into the spirit of things..
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-28-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Held turned away from a moment as the man took measures to preserve his modesty.

When Jack spoke, clearly ready to continue the conversation, his gaze returned to the man once more, noting among other things, the curious tattoo on the left side of his chest.

A spade? Huh. This guy must really like his card games....Or maybe he's the type to get a tattoo because it simply looks cool....Not that there is anything wrong with that.

"Nevadian, yes." He replied, nodding his head in affirmation.

I can't say I'm surprised at the question, my people don't normally choose earth as our final destination for a summer home.

"And....That's a complicated story." Held admitted, mentally choosing how much of his life he intended on discussing. "Let's just say it wasn't my intention. I pretty much just fell from the stars, thanks to a...."

I don't think telling him I pretty much crashed from one world ending event to another three years later is going to do anyone any favors...

"Let's just say it was a technical malfunction with my ship. Kami saved me--apparently--and I've spent the last three years trying to get a new ship...."

He shrugged.

"Well, some of it was spent studying earth customs, and some of it was spent on other less.... 'Noble' endevours, for lack of a better term."

The Nevadian couldn't help but smirk slightly as he recalled how this journey of his began, gaining access to The Capsule Of The World, by defeating an arrogant man in a game of skill and chance.

"But I think it's been time well spent."
    Less than noble endeavors huh? Can't be any less noble than what I've done. Jack took a closer look at Held, now that his vision was completely clear, and he noticed that the man's eyes were a bit different, funny he had not noticed that before.

"Huh, so you're kind of stranded here huh?" Jack asked, "Kind of funny to imagine being stranded on a whole planet, but I guess that's space travel for you huh?" What am I trying to say, condolences for being stuck here? That sounds rude to him and to the rest of earth.

Jack sighed, blowing a drooping lock of hair out of his eyes. "Actually, I've had a question I've been meaning to ask one of the non-saiyan aliens," he began, "Earth's not really...humans aren't," I really hate talking without a cigarette, I can take a puff while I wait for my brain to start working normally.

"This planet go a real weak hand doesn't it?" he asked at last, "Sarada's not just being arrogant when's she's saying how weak a guy like Jinzi is, right? Saiyans, Nevadians, and whatever the heck Koorimaru is, there weakest guys are about equivalent to the strongest earthlings, right?" There it was out there. It was somewhat humiliating actually, Jack had worked extremely hard most of his life to the point of where, up until recently, he had been one of the strongest people that your average earthling was ever likely to meet. To think that he was still on the bottom of the totem pole from a more galactic perspective was frustrating.