Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like K. Jones' idea quite a bit.

In my own little self-made DCU, I'd have Zinda running the Blackhawks fighter squadron that provides aerial support and security for the (very JLU cartoon inspired) Justice League.

I got a whole thing worked out for a big-picture League, with infrastructure and everything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    How about as a member of the new JUSTICE SOCIETY since BLACK CANARY is in JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA.Zinda would make a nice BC fill in.
    This would also be cool as hell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    How about as a member of the new JUSTICE SOCIETY since BLACK CANARY is in JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA.Zinda would make a nice BC fill in.
    Well, whether Black Canary will still be in any of the upcoming Justice League teams remains to be seen.
    As to whether a "Black Canary" will return if/when DC gets around to bringing back a "Justice Society of America" for more than a few panels, . . . who knows?
    (And who knows who that "Black Canary" would actually be, since making her the biological mother of present-day Black Canary again seems less likely/logical as time goes on.)
    As for Zinda, has she appeared anywhere else yet in the Dark Nights: Metal issues besides in the painting/photo seen in issue #1?

(I'm not reading this series, so I really don't know.)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, whether Black Canary will still be in any of the upcoming Justice League teams remains to be seen.
    As to whether a "Black Canary" will return if/when DC gets around to bringing back a "Justice Society of America" for more than a few panels, . . . who knows?
    (And who knows who that "Black Canary" would actually be, since making her the biological mother of present-day Black Canary again seems less likely/logical as time goes on.)
    As for Zinda, has she appeared anywhere else yet in the Dark Nights: Metal issues besides in the painting/photo seen in issue #1?

(I'm not reading this series, so I really don't know.)
    Nope, that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like K. Jones' idea quite a bit.

In my own little self-made DCU, I'd have Zinda running the Blackhawks fighter squadron that provides aerial support and security for the (very JLU cartoon inspired) Justice League.

I got a whole thing worked out for a big-picture League, with infrastructure and everything.
    I would update the Blackhawks for current times. The only thing wrong with the N52 Blackhawks (and making them GI Joe-lite) was the execution. The Blackhawks unit should be a modern-day armed forces unit of elite fighter pilots. I wouldn't leave them behind in WWII, i'd make them a relevant organization just like Checkmate or ARGUS.

Edit: I haven't read Metal so apparently that shipped sailed.

Mighty Member

Default Lady Blackhawk : Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I would update the Blackhawks for current times. The only thing wrong with the N52 Blackhawks (and making them GI Joe-lite) was the execution. The Blackhawks unit should be a modern-day armed forces unit of elite fighter pilots. I wouldn't leave them behind in WWII, i'd make them a relevant organization just like Checkmate or ARGUS.

This is where I thought Blackhawks should go if relaunched in the modern age. Why just as jet jockeys. Let's see them emerge after being off the scene on their secret base after several decades of investing in an orbital space station and a lunar base. They uncover evidence of alien activity on the lunar farside and 2001 style set off a beacon that brings the aliens back. All new cast that are the grandsons and granddaughters of the originals that have been training for years in secret and running the show. Fear not because in a hidden vault the original team has been cloned and cryogenically preserved and are about to waken. In one version of this I wanted to crossover to MCU and have them team up with Johnny Storm Torch or Hammond Torch or both.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post

As much as I liked Zinda Blake in Post-Crisis I found the idea of her time traveling to be dangerous and stupid like how Marvel is at the moment so nix the idea that she is from World War II and just have her and her fellow World War II Blackhawks be current day members. Because as loony as comic books are breaking the laws of time travel will make people go nuts after a while.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Any signs of Zinda since Metal?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Any signs of Zinda since Metal?
    Nope.

Was really disappointed that tease in Metal was just Kendra .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nope.

Was really disappointed that tease in Metal was just Kendra .
    Hey, look how screwy the "Hawkman" has become!
    (The "Carter Hall" version, but from what I understand all the focus has been on other versions, not the Golden Age Hawkman so far?)

Where, oh where, has my Zinda gone . . .

Oh where, oh where can she be?

Lady Blackhawk's "return", from Guy Gardner: Warrior #24 (September 1994)

Extraordinary Member

What if she was return to her original time?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What if she was return to her original time?
    All depends on what you mean by "her original time" since her first appearance was in Blackhawk #133 (February 1959) though eventually she seems to have had stories placing her appearance possibly sometime in the 1940s.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Never Mind. Wrong thread.