Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I for one really liked the art and thought Sharp's Hal looked really hot (not that this is an essential thing but it sure helps).
    Imo it sure is an essential thing. lol Hal Jordan not being good looking just wouldn't seem right. Another reason why giving him gray hair never made sense.

Though Sharp's done that before too. Sort of. lol

Last edited by Johnny; 11-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Finally, the Guardians address Dr. Manhattan.

Extraordinary Member

Imo it sure is an essential thing. lol Hal Jordan not being good looking just wouldn't seem right. Another reason why giving him gray hair never made sense.

Though Sharp's done that before too. Sort of. lol

I forgot Reed Richards is from California. It makes sense he'd have at least one cousin out there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Seriously....for real.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I was ready to believe they were actually all Dr Manhattan. (unless he secretly is and has made himself forget over and over again since he seems to enjoy not knowing)

Astonishing Member

Hope Hal has a pert to play in Doomsday Clock.

Incredible Member

I miss Oa soooo much. I would like to thank Morrison for bringing back Oa. I’ve always thought it should have been brought in Rebirth since we were told Rebirth is about “bringing back the tradition”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Morrison certainly knows his stuff. Nearly everything in issue #1 was from old GL comics or DC sci-fi stuff, but reinvented in such a way that it feels fresh and new.

The girl is Eve Doremus, who was one of Hal's short-term girlfriends back in the mid-60s.
    One day, I hope Morrison writes a retrospective of his life as guy who read comics.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One day, I hope Morrison writes a retrospective of his life as guy who read comics.
    His book SUPERGODS is amazing. It's part biography, part history of comics. The stuff he wrote about Hal Jordan in it shows that he's been thinking about the character for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I miss Oa soooo much. I would like to thank Morrison for bringing back Oa. I’ve always thought it should have been brought in Rebirth since we were told Rebirth is about “bringing back the tradition”.
    Oa was brought back in the last issue of Green Lanterns (though it could have been setting up for this, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Oa was brought back in the last issue of Green Lanterns (though it could have been setting up for this, I guess).
    With the Guardians back in charge it was pretty much inevitable that Oa would come back not long after.

Ok, finally got my hands on the book, and I was pleasantly surprised. Never been a Morrison's fan, but I really enjoyed this issue. It looks like they got all the right ideas, especially what they said how the ring could do almost anything. I've had enough of writers reducing the ring to making VERY fragile and breakable constructs that shatter upon impact. It's the strongest weapon in the universe for God's sake. As long as the GL has the mind for it, the ring can do some ridiculously amazing feats like changing a planet's gravity or something along that scale. Also, GLs have always meant to be intergalactic peace keepers and law enforcers, so it's nice to see someone remember that GLs don't just go around shooting energy blast and yelling battle cries. Morrison's take on Hal is old school so naturally I like it, a lot. His Hal seems very comfortable in his own skin, confident in his abilities, a little cocky but not too obnoxious (like the New 52), and best thing is, this Hal knows his stuff and isn't all brawn but no brains and handles himself with dignity. I just wish that they'd let him keep his test pilot job. Flying planes is as much an essential part of Hal as being a GL is.
    P.S. It definitely helps a lot that Sharp's Hal is good looking. Anyone who draws Hal with his cow flick has my approval by default :P And by the looks of things, it seems that newer GL fans are less likely to like the book. Makes sense. Morrison always does like more obscure mythos.
    Last edited by Margaret; 11-09-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

I wish this is what happened in The Green Lantern #1 lol!

Great issues BTW love the art and Hal characteristics can't wait for issues 2
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.