Page 84 of 156 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Honestly the only DC animated movie I found appealing looking and watchable was the JLA: TRAPPED IN TIME movie. Those New 52 movies look SO BAD. I tried watching RED SON and it looked like genuine paper dolls being tugged across my screen. It just ain't it, chief.

I'll check it out cause it's the JSA and Aquaman, but I'm not expecting much either.
    I thought Red Son looked pretty solid. And it was an Elseworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Should have had Hawkgirl over Black Canary. Why does DC keep ignoring her?!! First in the Black Adam film and now this... If it were a choice between only one Hawk, I would have preferred Hawkgirl
    I love Hawkgirl, but I'm always down for more Black Canary .

Agree that the JSA still looks pretty rought.

Actually thought that the DCAU-style movies they did were okay and the Batman/TMNT crossover worked.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Questions about the quality of the stills aside, I feel like the designs do a good job of capturing that grainy, colorful, retro feel that fits a JSA movie. I don't get the fleischer vibe I got from Man of Tomorrow , but that's probably because Superman's not in it.

Should have had Hawkgirl over Black Canary.
    I won't disagree with that, though Hawkgirl was never an official member of the Justice Society of America back in the Golden Age.
    They could also have used Liberty Belle, Phantom Lady, or Firebrand (Danette Reilly), even though they weren't JSA members back then.
    Why does DC keep ignoring her?!! First in the Black Adam film and now this... If it were a choice between only one Hawk, I would have preferred Hawkgirl.
    That one I can't quite go with: Hawkman was the only member who appeared in ALL of the JSA's Golden Age adventures, so it almost would have been criminal to leave him out. (As for the Golden Age Atom, he was the other character who was a full-time member during the entire Golden Age run, but he did miss appearing in one issue and had Batman substitute for him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Questions about the quality of the stills aside, I feel like the designs do a good job of capturing that grainy, colorful, retro feel that fits a JSA movie. I don't get the fleischer vibe I got from Man of Tomorrow , but that's probably because Superman's not in it.
    It looking so similar in style makes me wonder if this will be the second movie in the same “universe” as MoT. The spine of MoT did have a WW arm alongside Brainiac after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It looking so similar in style makes me wonder if this will be the second movie in the same “universe” as MoT. The spine of MoT did have a WW arm alongside Brainiac after all.
    In that case I guess we can all look forward to seeing this universe destroyed and wiped out of existence too

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    In that case I guess we can all look forward to seeing this universe destroyed and wiped out of existence too
    For now I don't think they're going for a hard continuity but the Butch Lukic films will probably have a similar art style, so it's reasonable to expect Long Halloween will look something like this.

I'm also not expecting to see a non-Darren Criss Superman film under Lukic, so take from that what you will.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No Alan Scott? Boooo.

And what on Earth is happening with WW's hair?

I'm already getting the feeling this is going to be another disappointment like Man of Tomorrow was. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    No Alan Scott? Boooo.

I'm already getting the feeling this is going to be another disappointment like Man of Tomorrow was. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    Diana took over for him as the team's big gun.

No Alan Scott? Boooo.

Hold up, what expectation did you have for Man of Tomorrow that wasn't fulfilled? Maybe you aimed higher than most of us.

No Alan Scott? Boooo.

I thought for sure Matt Bomer was playing Alan Scott.

Her classic 'do is flowing in the wind. That's what's happening .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Justice Society: World War II cast and crew and first preview image revealed:

Stana Katic - Wonder Woman

Matt Bomer - The Flash

Elysia Rotaru - Black Canary

Chris Diamantopoulos - Steve Trevor

Omid Abtahi - Hawkman

Matthew Mercer - Hourman

Armen Taylor - Jay Garrick

Liam McIntyre - Aquaman

Ashleigh LaThrop - Iris West

Geoffrey Arend - Charles Halstead/Adivsor

Keith Ferguson - Dr. Fate

Darin De Pual - Roosevelt

Jeff Wamester, known for the Guardians of the Galaxy TV series, is directing from a script by Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) and Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon). Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) are producing.
    so no alan scott?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    so no alan scott?
    Maybe they wanted to stay away from the "Is he gay or is he straight?" questions . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe they wanted to stay away from the "Is he gay or is he straight?" questions . . .
    They had no problem saying that Diana was lesbian in Red Son or including Batwoman in Bad Blood.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hold up, what expectation did you have for Man of Tomorrow that wasn't fulfilled? Maybe you aimed higher than most of us.
    I wanted a movie with a 3rd act that wasn't underwhelming.