Page 241 of 270 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4044

Annual was fine but my God is Taylor borderline fanfic when it comes to Batfamily interactions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I pretty sure that Dick needed out of that Academy issue because Taylor has first dibs on the Nightwing/Flash reunion following Heroes in Crisis (like 3 years later?)

But absolutely if it weren't for Blüdhaven, they just woulda said he's busy in Gotham with Bat business. Definitely read that happen within the past year. The Nightwing/Starfire Valentine's Day special if I'm remembering right.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I pretty sure that Dick needed out of that Academy issue because Taylor has first dibs on the Nightwing/Flash reunion following Heroes in Crisis (like 3 years later?)

But absolutely if it weren't for Blüdhaven, they just woulda said he's busy in Gotham with Bat business. Definitely read that happen within the past year. The Nightwing/Starfire Valentine's Day special if I'm remembering right.
    He will be in the next few issues thier gonna see each other in TTA

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Annual was fine but my God is Taylor borderline fanfic when it comes to Batfamily interactions.
    More fanfic than Wayne Family Adventures ?

I enjoyed the annual. I absolutely get the fanfiction complaints but it didn't bother me too much.

My expectations were low, I kind of hate Red Hood and I'm on the fence about Taylors writing but I was pleasantly surprised by this. It's always a pleasure seeing the Discowing suit, Dick and Jason's banter was charming, the panel where Dick makes the shape got a genuine laugh, some lovely scenes with Alfred, and Haley made a quick appearance. It was a really fun book, though it does kind of make me wish Alfred wasn't still dead.

The only part i didn't like was Dick referring to Bruce as Dad.

Detective Comics Annual was also good!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I don't know, it feels like batfamily fanfiction is becoming "real" in general. I wonder if Didio wasn't blocking it and thats why we are getting so much of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know, it feels like batfamily fanfiction is becoming "real" in general. I wonder if Didio wasn't blocking it and thats why we are getting so much of it now.
    I definitely think you’re seeing the younger generation start to get input on how these characters should act. Don’t think that’s a good thing for Dick since a lot of the “fanfic” characterization has him as an idiot, manchild, or pollyanna
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I definitely think you’re seeing the younger generation start to get input on how these characters should act. Don’t think that’s a good thing for Dick since a lot of the “fanfic” characterization has him as an idiot, manchild, or pollyanna
    That's not a good thing for any of the bats

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I know you hate Bludhaven, but that's a reach, dude.
    How is Bludhaven's fault that Sheridan didn't want him in the book?
    Because Bludhaven is an easy excuse that gets used over and over. This isn't just limited to this one specific instance, but it is used to write out or isolate his character when writers want to over actually coming up with more creative uses for explaining why they are writing him out. No other character really has this happen it feels like. Just saying the character is away would have been better, because all this does by using Bludhaven is reinforce the idea that Dick can't be in two places at once or move freely as a character. Which limits him even more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Because Bludhaven is an easy excuse that gets used over and over. This isn't just limited to this one specific instance, but it is used to write out or isolate his character when writers want to over actually coming up with more creative uses for explaining why they are writing him out. No other character really has this happen it feels like. Just saying the character is away would have been better, because all this does by using Bludhaven is reinforce the idea that Dick can't be in two places at once or move freely as a character. Which limits him even more.
    If it wasn’t Bludhaven it be Gotham, his brain injury, being a Spyral agent, living in Chicago

This is mostly a personal bias

It's a easy excuse cause it makes sense. He is not there cause the writer doesn't want him there and Sheridan choose Bludhaven cause Nightwing is the only Titan character on the book with a city to protect. It happens with whatever character the writer doesn't want in that specific issue. I'm sure it happened with Batman as well, even with Flash and Superman.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Whether you think this is better or worse, I think it's a little different this time - "in Bludhaven" in the context of this issue carries a heavy subtext of "with Barbara, not Kori". It's used as a leaping-off point to clarify the current status of the Nightwing/Starfire relationship, rather than just being a reason not to have Dick around.

Extraordinary Member

technically we have seen that moment before but instead of them working as a team Jason gets frustrated and goes on ahead. New52 portrayed their relationship more antagonistically, they are trying to erase that decade jason was actuly Nightwings archenemy and they more or less hated each other for a long time. They even removed Dick being petty and angry at young jason. Dick not really that kind until after year one solo nightwing, and by that time jason is already dead.

I liked his little detective moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    technically we have seen that moment before but instead of them working as a team Jason gets frustrated and goes on ahead. New52 portrayed their relationship more antagonistically, they are trying to erase that decade jason was actuly Nightwings archenemy and they more or less hated each other for a long time. They even removed Dick being petty and angry at young jason. Dick not really that kind until after year one solo nightwing, and by that time jason is already dead.

I liked his little detective moment.
    Hmmm. I wouldn't say Jason was Dick's archenemy for a decade. He was his antagonistic enemy during his time as Batman, which lasted a few years. Before and afterwards, he was just either another foe in the gallery, a reluctant ally or informant, or a straight ally. Same can be said for their status when Jason was Robin. They didn't interact a lot post crisis, if at all. And they were kinda distant. But before, they were friendly to each other. Heck, pre-crisis Dick thought about adopting Jason.

Dick has archenemies, but Jason is not really a character I would picture as one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-01-2021 at 09:46 AM.