Page 243 of 270 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's so not nice looking how some of you get offended by a slight correction. I even said that I didn't meant to lessen his behaviour. Yet you needed to post once again that stuff just to yet again state what? That Jason hurt Damian? Yes, he hurt Damian. He tried to kill Damian? Arguable, because at this distance a shoot like that that aims to kill, kills. But comics are like that, ok, let's asume he did try to kill Damian there. It's supported by Dick saying that they needed to give him some heavy blood transfusion a few pages ahead. But then in issue 3 Alfred says that he really in such a peril and the kevlar suit saved his life fine: just bruised lungs and some blood loose by a severed artery. I don't know. Nothing of this sounds very realistic, but whatever. Yeah, he shoot to kill most probably.

Let's get to that piece of art you posted.
    Because it keeps being thrown in these threads these days, I've decided to reread Battle for the Cowl. It seems I dislike myself that much.

Battle for the Cowl, that story in which Dick is broodily doubting himself all over and standing aside, letting Tim and the birds doing all the work with Black Mask and the Arkham gallery plot, and using trauma to capture Jason by hurting him deeply with words and punches (note that Jason taunted him beforehand. but Dick went to Jason with the will. I don't think he wanted to use it that way, after the reread, though). And Damian enjoys having fun in the batmobile like a true rebel kid driving with a girl at his side (until Babs catchs him and he ejects her). And where Jason not only is violent and murderous, he WANTS to be Batman because Gotham apparently needs Batman now in his head and always has despite everything previously pointing otherwise, and even builds an evil lair underground to himself. Because.

In that scene, that happens at the start of the second issue, we have Jason delivering some awful monologue about Bruces methods and bad example. He also mentions people getting hurt. Dick is finally fighting the bad guys, and is about to be captured when Jason shows up, blazing shoots. He takes care of the guys and run aways. Dick and Damian pursue him. Then Dick and Jason fight, Dick doesn't know who is under the cowl, and Damian enters the fight with all he has with the intention of, at least by word, killing Jason (not that he can do it. He is deal with by Jason). Jason recognises Damian's suit as a league suit and shoots him shortly afterwards.
    This is the context.
    With that, Jason, who I think is awfully out of character by just shooting a kid in here, is proving two points /he gos to the point, by his words): involving kids is dangerous, and Dick isn't protecting Damian or the city (they actually talk about that, how Dick didn't move to protect the city). But the most amusing thing is, I don't think Jason even knows that Damian is one of the good guys here. Because he identifies him as a league member. He didn't tried to kill Dick or Selina. He wasn't going to kill Tim either, until they start fighting serious. And even then, I don't think he really aimed to kill. He seems to leave Tim alone once he takes his pulse and sees he's still alive. The batsuit can take a batarang to the torso. Jason knows that, he's not an idiot.
    So, just Damian. I think he though he was a league affiliated assassin. Or it's meant to be read that way.

And then, finally, Dick decides to act. Goes to Jason, Jason taunts him with Tim (we know that doesn't work well with Dick. I mean...), they talk again about the cowl and Dick's legacy issues, about Jason issues, they fight, and then Dick uses the record of Bruce's will to even set off Jason further. Which sure will help him in finding Tim. They keep fighting, Dick offers Jason help, and Jason decides to fall down.

God, what a dissapointment of a book.
    Art was nice. And Tim wasn't bad, which is something I didn't remember at all. Dick wasn't bad either, in the last part of issue 3 (this was pointed out to me before, by godlike. they were right). Damian was OOC half the time, but it has good things, like him feeling more involved with his new fam.

My point: Jason did some truly awful things before. He killed a lot of people, hurt a lot of people too. But it's nice to give context.

Edit: I feel awful for such an off topic in this thread. I guess it's kind of related to Dick, but still, I feel I shouldn't have post this long about Jason.
    But I needed to post it.
    I'm really sorry.

Edit 2: that "thank you" sounded sarcastic. I asumed it was sarcastic.

I referenced Jason shooting Damian but cited the wrong incident in my original comment.

You pointed out my error.

I noted said error.

Corrected my error and posted the incident I was thinking about in my original comment.

I apologised and then said thank you.

What exactly is the issue?

This is a Dick Grayson thread. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows enough to know the history of Jason and the bats/Robins.

Chest or spine.
    Whatever the context An adult shooting a kid isn't right and it's something that should be addressed before welcoming said adult back onto what is supposed to be that kid's safe space.

The bolded is the crux of my OG point. That is the important part not the examples used or whatever
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-01-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Looking at it like this, his costume look very DIY
    I wear paints like that for paintball. I excited to see what his upgraded look will be like

I hope you can make it a seamless onesie in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I need a new trailer, soon.
    Going by the ingame piece they showed a year ago or so, suits will be highly costumizable. So... maybe? I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You are right. jason shot Damian in the chest. He just meant to kill the 10 year old kid in front of his older brother, he didn't paralyze him.

My bad. Thank you for correcting my mistake.
    I think this piece of sarcasm being followed with a 'thank you' for the correction, is why people are pointing it out as unnecessary or insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm presuming the costumes can be upgraded, although if they only upgrade in pieces, then I hope all the pieces I like aesthetically will also provide better protection from enemies. I always end up valuing the looks over the performance for gears in game.

As long as my character looks cool that's all that matters. XD

EDIT: would anyone be interested in 'special' alternate outfits? I think I'd actually like to see a Gray Son Court of Owls costume for Dick like the one in the dark multiverse Hush story.

Last edited by RedBird; 12-01-2021 at 06:48 PM.

I think it's really funny that people hate Jason being anything but an antagonist, when this annual was a lot truer to what Jason was like as Robin than the stories that established him as an antagonist post-resurrection. It's like people preferring Nightwing as Batman's adult sidekick to him being a wider DCU character (...which is a thing that people prefer, so I guess it is what it is).

The annual wasn't anything special, but it's like the only issue of Taylor's run that I actually liked lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 12-01-2021 at 07:12 PM.

I wouldn’t say it’s like that. Remember Jason as Robin wasn’t particularly successful. His modern reinvention as Red Hood is suppose to contrast what he was like as Robin in the 80’s, as that Jason was literally dead and buried after being more or less rejected by audiences.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-01-2021 at 08:15 PM.

I saw someone on reddit say that Red Hood being a goodie-two shoes now basically makes him "Lite-Wing." And I agree with that. He needs to bring something different to Gotham. And that can't be the same schtick as all the other Robins but "more edgy." I'm not a big fan of the overlapping roles character regardless of their "character arc." Have them branch out in different directions rather than back to the trunk.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I think it's really funny that people hate Jason being anything but an antagonist, when this annual was a lot truer to what Jason was like as Robin than the stories that established him as an antagonist post-resurrection. It's like people preferring Nightwing as Batman's adult sidekick to him being a wider DCU character (...which is a thing that people prefer, so I guess it is what it is).

The annual wasn't anything special, but it's like the only issue of Taylor's run that I actually liked lol.
    I don’t need him to be an antagonist. But anti-hero. One whose views do not match the rest of the family. At least that version of him is unique. Right now he brings nothing unique to the table. The crowbar is lame. The original Jason Robin was just a copy and paste Dick Grayson. The only unique role he’s ever had is when he came back from the dead.

No one wants Dick to be a sidekick. Not a single Nightwing fan. That’s just a term people use to devalue a status quo that doesn’t match their perception of the character. Like it or not even on the Titans, Dicks hook was he was from the Batfamily. The original Robin. I don’t want to get into this again, but being a part of a highly marketable franchise does not make you a side kick. Not once in this run has Dick been a sidekick. Don’t like the run. Fine. But he has been the focal point. In fact the point of the run so far has been him trying a different approach than Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I saw someone on reddit say that Red Hood being a goodie-two shoes now basically makes him "Lite-Wing." And I agree with that. He needs to bring something different to Gotham. And that can't be the same schtick as all the other Robins but "more edgy." I'm not a big fan of the overlapping roles character regardless of their "character arc." Have them branch out in different directions rather than back to the trunk.
    That's a very simplistic view in these characters that have very different histories, struggles and even personalities. The kind of conflics that Dick can find in his stories are very different to the kind of conflicts that Jason has.

By that logic, half the characters in the batfam should change their personality and status, or maybe more than half. Nuclear members included.

Besides, Jason isn't overlapping Dick's appeal, and Jason's not a goody two shoes either.

Dick isn't either, btw. Or shouldn't. He's righteous but kind, and can trust but not without reason, and often is easy to get him involved in someone else's plan because he's cooperative. But he's not a goody two shoes. And Jason, right now, isn't either. That he doesn't kill doesn't mean he's suddently this forgiving all goody, easy to trust everyone person eithsr. He's still difficult, untrusting and harsh. A character is more than just a few strokes. I don't think it's a fair assestment.

The crowbar needs to go, though. That, we can most of us agree, I think.

Edit: And here I am, speaking about Jason again, and I wasn't going to. Becuase this is Dick's thread, damn it!

Anyways, the annual was ok. I have my issues with it, but it was enjoyable.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-01-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I need a new trailer, soon.
    Going by the ingame piece they showed a year ago or so, suits will be highly costumizable. So... maybe? I hope.
    I know everyone has a final form of sorts
    I hope you can upgrade your costume, I know that their gonna make Dick evasive, so he’ll be squishy

I know everyone has a final form of sorts
    I hope you can upgrade your costume, I know that their gonna make Dick evasive, so he’ll be squishy
    Yeah, a bulky costume really shouldn't fit his supposed build for the character "job". But I also feel like they're going to give him the martial artist role, somehow. So maybe it all depends if they go for a fluid martial artist or a hard-hitter one.

Incredible Member

That's a very simplistic view in these characters that have very different histories, struggles and even personalities. The kind of conflics that Dick can find in his stories are very different to the kind of conflicts that Jason has.

By that logic, half the characters in the batfam should change their personality and status, or maybe more than half. Nuclear members included.

Besides, Jason isn't overlapping Dick's appeal, and Jason's not a goody two shoes either.

Dick isn't either, btw. Or shouldn't. He's righteous but kind, and can trust but not without reason, and often is easy to get him involved in someone else's plan because he's cooperative. But he's not a goody two shoes. And Jason, right now, isn't either. That he doesn't kill doesn't mean he's suddently this forgiving all goody, easy to trust everyone person eithsr. He's still difficult, untrusting and harsh. A character is more than just a few strokes.

The crowbar needs to go, though. That, we can most of us agree, I think.

Edit: And here I am, speaking about Jason again, and I wasn't going to. Becuase this is Dick's thread, damn it!

Anyways, the annual was ok. I have my issues with it, but it was enjoyable.
    To each his own. While they have different personalities, the role he currently fils as well as his limits make him too similar to other characters for me. Until a few years ago I read every single Jason book. Now I just can’t muster the interest. But as I said, everyone has there own take on the character they prefer and that’s okay. I just think the version that the anti-hero/killer version will be the one that also gets the most tract with general audiences.