Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I was reminded of another one just tonight. Cop chases suspect on foot, they run hither and yon only for the chase to be ended by cop's partner popping out of nowhere to clothesline suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watched SHE'S ALL THAT and HE'S ALL THAT on the weekend, back to back. Fun movies to laugh at. In SHE'S, once she puts in her contact lenses, she never takes them out again--the rest of the movie, no glasses. In HE'S, he has that toque on his head all the time until he gets a haircut, and then no toque for the rest of the movie. Silly.

I've been watching THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW from the beginning. This is my favourite sitcom of all time, but there are little things that bug me. Rhoda is always worried about her weight. They put her in big clothes, just to hide her figure. Valerie was a dancer just like Mary--she was in perfect condition. Yet they have her always putting herself down and making out like she's a loser. Mary and Phyllis should have set her straight and supported Rhoda more. I just wonder what kind of complex some teens got from watching Rhoda run herself down.
    And then when Rhoda got her own spinoff, she got to wear more flattering clothes, while Julie Kavner, as Rhoda's sister Brenda, filled the role that Rhoda had filled for Mary.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    In fairness it was coded/hidden in art. I will admit to liking the show for the first couple of seasons, but it dropped off hard. Killed off one of the main characters got me to stop watching (though somehow she was back at the end I guess).
    Yea hidden art they couldnt see. I get that. But sending a giuy to the prison he designed? No effing way. That whole show was kind of lame.

And there was another crime show, A man on death row will be executed in 2 weeks. but for some reason they put him on an outside work gang and of course he escapes.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sums up FOOTLOOSE (1984). I got no chemistry from Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer and lots from Kevin Bacon and Chris Penn. But the worse thing about that movie is, for a movie that's supposed to be about dancing, there wasn't a whole lot of dancing (and almost none from the lead actors--just their doubles).
    Really now? I might have to watch that for.....confirmation purposes.

Footloose was an alright movie. What bothered me is that in a town without dancing and how all the kids at the end knew the latest dance numbers and did them perfectly.

But Footloose did teach me it is okay and acceptable to rage dance in a barn!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dont know if this has been said. I am sure it has in the 30 pages.

Random guy who takes out the worlds best assassins/special ops team because at one time he was the worlds best assassin or on the best special ops team.

Or even worse the random guy with no training who takes out the best assassins/special ops teams.

Haven’t read the whole thread, might be repeating—boilerplate, boilerplate…

When a movie or show casts two black actors in the same role but they don’t have the same skin tone. Latest example: Venom 2. Young Frances is nearly three shades darker than adult Naomie Harris-Frances. That bugs me!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

People who have no drive, ambition, goals, etc. and hate having to take time off from work. I mean these people exist, sure, but nobody is going to be visibly upset at having less work to do.

The whole New inmate beats the Hell out of the toughest guy in prison and is now king of the prison. BS. If some new guy did come in and went after said tough guy well tough guy has like 30 other tough guys he pals around with. So new guy wins great he aint the new king. Tough guy licks his wounds and you know what he and his friends just get the new guy first chance they get. Tough guy and buddies dont bend knee. If new guy loses he still gets his ass kicked by tough guys buddies for even trying.

A guy comes into prison unless he is known from another prison or out in the streets he better lay low for a bit because I have seen these new guys come in and act tough and get their asses handed to them 3 hours after getting in. Even if they are known from another prison unless they are like king shit on an epic level the other inmates dont just bow to him and follow his lead. Maybe if he was in a gang and that gang is active there those members will follow but the others either dont care about him or wont mess with him until they see what kind of pull if any he has with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Footloose was an alright movie. What bothered me is that in a town without dancing and how all the kids at the end knew the latest dance numbers and did them perfectly.

But Footloose did teach me it is okay and acceptable to rage dance in a barn!
    Speaking of barn dances!

This is from a horror movie. Just an fyi.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Two people are in a scene together. Then the camera focuses in on one character who continues to talk. Then after a few minutes, the camera shows the other character, who has fallen asleep.

Drives me crazy. And it's so predictable now when you see it. You know it's coming.

Astonishing Member

In the Law and Order variants, the detectives lead the SWAT teams into an assault on a crook's hideout. Never happen.

Shooting you in the shoulder has no consequences. You heal up quickly. No major bones smashed or major vessels cut. Shots in the body miss major organs and you run around the next day.

Secret Identities in today's world. Never work.

Characters/writers who should know better; don't know the difference between solar system, galaxy, and universe. They actually seem to think that they're just synonyms for the same thing. Drives me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    In the Law and Order variants, the detectives lead the SWAT teams into an assault on a crook's hideout. Never happen.
    Even worse when it's CSI lab techs in on the bust.

I hate when police hook up with their partners. it is predictable and lazy writing. I love in the FX Show the Shield CCh Pounders character was giving her partner Dutch shit for wanting to hook up with another cop.

"That's just lazy son. Join a book club or something."