Page 128 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3110
    Incredible Member

I sort of want Jon and Tim to date simply to see the meltdown that would happen in the fanbase, and perhaps the clickbait articles and fake outrage at Superman dating Robin.

It's not even pettiness. I genuinely find it interesting to see fanbases in meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I sort of want Jon and Tim to date simply to see the meltdown that would happen in the fanbase, and perhaps the clickbait articles and fake outrage at Superman dating Robin.

It's not even pettiness. I genuinely find it interesting to see fanbases in meltdown.
    It would be an amazing time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

You really want to make the Batfamily even more omnipresent in the Superman titles?

Part of why I want Apollo as an official Superfamily member is he’s got that SuperBat relationship a lot of you guys want. He’s married to his “Bat” and they have that basic archetypal relationship of Apollo as the bright and sunny guy to Middy’s dark and brooding. Apollo needs fleshing out beyond that but I think he can scratch that itch if they do more with him.

I just don’t want the Superfamily tied even further to the Batfamily, already sick of those dweebs.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It made sense he was coming out as bi/gay/something. So far, he was the only "5G" character that didn't fit in the more diverse next gen. that DC was pushing.
    I don’t think this was ever in the plans before Taylor showed up. Jon was going to be an attempt to do New 52 Superman again but without the baggage Clark brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    The cynic in me thinks that the whole age up and the reveal was directed from the upper management just so they could have a queer Superman. Would be funny if Yara Flor comes out next.
    Yara could be bi but so far she has a male LI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought she was already Lez?
    Nope. Really they should make Donna the lesbian, none of her straight relationships are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Holy shit, I just thought of something. DC never actually jettisoned the whole Professor X/Magneto thing with Jon, they just created a new character to fill the Magneto role instead of Damian.
    Superlad theorized as much. Taking the subtext of that relationship and making it text here. I think it could work and besides I don’t want Jon to have a “Lois” any time soon. Let him date other boys and other girls. Let him sleep around and be a focus of shipping. That should build up a fanbase for him and make him popular (I know you don’t want him to be anything but deaged lol but this is what I want). Still hoping he dates Jenny Quantum down the line…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think this was ever in the plans before Taylor showed up. Jon was going to be an attempt to do New 52 Superman again but without the baggage Clark brings.
    I mean...I haven't really seen much to suggest that he's not still just that. The only difference is he likes men.

Nope. Really they should make Donna the lesbian, none of her straight relationships are good.
    [Gasps in offended DonnaRoy Shipper]

That said, I always thought the Amazons were queer coded, so bi Donna works.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...I haven't really seen much to suggest that he's not still just that. The only difference is he likes men.
    I meant that in terms of “he’ll be straight and date other LIs (all women) because he doesn’t have one who is set in stone like Lois is for Clark”. You’re correct he is still very much an attempt to keep some of the Morrison and Pak ideas alive and in use, which I’m very happy about. But he was going to date Jenny in 5G and there was no real mention of making him bi.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superlad theorized as much. Taking the subtext of that relationship and making it text here.
    Like I said when I first came up with the theory: think about it, what is a powerful relationship that you can create between Jon and another character that can equal his dynamic with Damian, but in only a fraction of the time and thus allow the reader to feel comparably as bad? It's gotta be a romantic one. Rather than Jon's childhood best friend becoming his greatest foe it's his first love.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Jay's...uh....not his first love. That's the bland psychic girl with the Karen haircut.

Jay's...uh....not his first love. That's the bland psychic girl with the Karen haircut.
    Not even her his first love is Kathy. But Jay is his first male love interest and he’s the first one Jon dated after discovering he’s bi, so the thematic impact of “first love (of my post coming out life)” is still present.

Amazing Member

Yara could be bi but so far she has a male LI.

Superlad theorized as much. Taking the subtext of that relationship and making it text here. I think it could work and besides I don’t want Jon to have a “Lois” any time soon. Let him date other boys and other girls. Let him sleep around and be a focus of shipping. That should build up a fanbase for him and make him popular (I know you don’t want him to be anything but deaged lol but this is what I want). Still hoping he dates Jenny Quantum down the line…
    I agree!! tying Jon to someone right away is not good, I'd prefer they explore Jon's bisexuality without tying him to someone

Not even her his first love is Kathy. But Jay is his first male love interest and he’s the first one Jon dated after discovering he’s bi, so the thematic impact of “first love (of my post coming out life)” is still present.
    Eh. I still don't think there was enough there to hint that Kathy was anything more than possibly a crush. Would she have been more interesting than Saturn Girl? Yes. I don't even really like her but I'd gladly take her over Imra. But still...I wouldn't really classify that as his "first love". The same way I wouldn't call the girl I crushed on fifth grade my first love.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That's not true. Saturn Girl is the first person he's ever dated. They never said they loved each other. And it was made pretty clear-- via her looking into his mind-- mainly a physical/sexual attraction on Jon's part, and Saturn Girl felt the same.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This is so laughably transparent. Any stunt now to try and keep this disaster afloat.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's not true. Saturn Girl is the first person he's ever dated. They never said they loved each other. And it was made pretty clear-- via her looking into his mind-- mainly a physical/sexual attraction on Jon's part, and Saturn Girl felt the same.
    I guess that all comes down to what you'd consider a "first love" to be. I've always categorized it as someone's first romantic relationship. Hence why someone's romantic status is also referred to as their "love life"

Thumbs up

I posted this in another thread -

Uh, still not interested in Teen Jon nor in buying the Superman ongoing anymore. I feel his sexuality is a gimmick (the last of several to set Jon apart from his dad in recent years) to draw eyeballs and, frankly, a tired one at this point. I'm a good storytelling over cheap gimmicks kind of person. I'll see where this goes but as of now hard pass. *yawn*

PS A new character I feel DC is doing right, by way of contrast, is Yara Flor, she rocks. Great character development, great world-building, a great fresh spin on the Amazon concept, and great storytelling in general thus far.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-11-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."