Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    well considering what we know now about Moira, Xavier and Magneto having advanced knowledge of future events and the fact that for all intents and purposes mutants are now immortal; what's the issue? Xavier was planning for this by dealing with Sinister to get mutant DNA and I'm sure every mutant that "died" during M-day has been resurrected. At this point it comes off as pettiness, I'm alive again and I can be resurrected anytime, I live on an island that caters to my every want and need but I want revenge/vengeance on the pretender because I'm still mad. So I guess every human that has been harmed/wronged by mutants should have the same mindset, although no human killed at the hand of a mutant is being resurrected. Funny that.
    Is that even a issue among mutants? I mean, the name of Cassandra Nova is not anymore mentioned and she has done greater harm than Wanda to the mutants…

I have the impression that Wanda’s name is used for rhetoric.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Is that even a issue among mutants? I mean, the name of Cassandra Nova is not anymore mentioned and she has done greater harm than Wanda to the mutants…

Wolverine says Wanda did more harm in the Day After M then Cassandra Nova. I presume because because she deleted the xgene from the human genome

As for whether it was multiverse there's this as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

And this is what Wolverine says
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Well Hickman seems to be going out of his way to push this narrative of "pretender". Your right that Cassandra Nova is never mentioned but then again when you have the man who orchestrated the morlock massacre and unleashed the legacy virus, as well as the woman involved with the mothervine fiasco and sold out fellow mutants to save her ass from General Callahan living with and being on the ruling council it makes no sense.

Incredible Member

im surprised so many people think hickmans era is just going make wanda the bad guy for the whole thing. sure he's going very negative with it right now but honestly imo he seems to be doing that for an inevitable heel turn that she wasn't the monster she's been out to be. you cant set up the moira plot that has her going into hiding only a couple months before house of m happens (in universe) to make sure certain things happen and then have wanda in the care of the only two people in on moiras plan right before she changes mutant kind so drastically and just say it was a coincidence and none of it was planned by moira and charles.

as for the main topic i like it so far but its getting a little boring in some areas, maybe some roster shake ups might help

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Then we could be on a alternate timeline. not impossible but tit would dilute what he is doing
    That's true, but I can't help but feel they might go that way.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I mean Forge just kinda proved it.
    AoA isn't 616s future. And even if it were and they were looking at "futures" how is it any different then the multiverse? They're still observing universes not their own
    oh my bad I obviously didn't fully understand what you were saying...My B again
    That's okay, I get that this topic can rile us up.

I had honestly forgotten about the multiverse being affected, that certainly makes the situation worse.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I mean Forge just kinda proved it.
    AoA isn't 616s future. And even if it were and they were looking at "futures" how is it any different then the multiverse? They're still observing universes not their own
    We sall all these alternte universes on Secret wars(AOA is more of alternatie timeline) and mutants all had powers on them.
    So nothing was ever proved

Its been almost 2 years. Im surprised Hickman has done NOTHING with Moira X since POX. No teases, no mentions, no building of her story in the background. She's been a nonfactor this era and I really thought we would have seen more buildup to her eventual return especially considering she is the reason the current status quo exists

Extraordinary Member

We sall all these alternte universes on Secret wars(AOA is more of alternatie timeline) and mutants all had powers on them.
    Secret Wars was 3 years after the Phoenix and Hope undid 'No More Mutants.' Presumably if they were undoing the spell it would be for more than just 1 universe or timeline.

But wasn't that after AvX restarted mutantdom? I don't know, Marvel needs to get their house in order.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Secret Wars was 3 years after the Phoenix and Hope undid 'No More Mutants.' Presumably if they were undoing the spell it would be for more than just 1 universe or timeline.
    Theory, Wanda wasn't aware of being multiversal. Phoeix isn't powerful to travel multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    But wasn't that after AvX restarted mutantdom? I don't know, Marvel needs to get their house in order.
    On earth 616

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its been almost 2 years. Im surprised Hickman has done NOTHING with Moira X since POX. No teases, no mentions, no building of her story in the background. She's been a nonfactor this era and I really thought we would have seen more buildup to her eventual return especially considering she is the reason the current status quo exists
    I've stated it before but just so no one misunderstands me: I don't think Hickman's run has been downright bad, but I have issues with it and this, the terrible pacing, is definitely one of them.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's puzzeling indeed.

You'd think that even if things got slowed down intentionaly for the sake of getting the most out of the hype created by Hox/Pox, especialy with the almost dozen of satelite titles entirely tied to the new status quo, that there would still be at least some involvement of Moira X.

Like at least some scenes of Xavier and Magneto giving her a status report and hearing her concerns or approval of how things progress. But this utter silence except for that tiny cameo in Ten of Swords feels weird.

I know many enjoy the status quo as is and like how every nook and cranny of it's working is attempted to be explained in the satelite titles, but there are also many people who primarily got invested into the events from Hox/Pox not because of the current status quo but of the story revolving around it's creation and potential downfall, which is all tied to Moira X (or at least implied to be so).

Theory, Wanda wasn't aware of being multiversal. Phoeix isn't powerful to travel multiverse

On earth 616
    Interesting, I thought the Phoenix did have ties to the larger multiverse as a whole.

Still, Secret Wars isn't proof of anything since it took place after AvX. Now, if it came first you'd have a stronger case.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.