View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1021 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 215219219711011101710181019102010211022102310241025103110711121 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,315 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    If it gets made maybe there will be an omnibus in the future!
    I don't know. The trades never really sold that well when they re-released them and there's plenty of DC tv shows that aren't getting omnibus treatment. Heck, how about a Grell or Dixon Green Arrow?

But, don't get me wrong, I'd be first in line

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hitman in discussions for the DC Direct TV pay channel. At least this isn't in discussion for the CWverse. If anyone gets a tv show over there next it should be Constantine.
    It's tough not to look at Hitman and say the discussions went like this:
    Exec 1"What characters for the DC Pay network will be after Titan, thoughts people?"
    Exec 2"Given how Punisher was received on Netflix I propose Hitman"
    Exec 3"How about Blue Beetle? Lots of lore, can touch on 3 main generations and using Jaime as the main Beetle gives us stories to tell from a millennials and Dreamers viewpoint"
    Exec 1"Hitman it is, thanks everyone"
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    So, is any of Aquaman Rebirth available in HC, or will it be?
    I have not seen one solicited yet.
    I think there is a lot of money being left on the proverbial cutting floor when it comes to D C and there
    not releasing more books from rebirth and even new 52 in deluxe HC trades.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I have not seen one solicited yet.
    I think there is a lot of money being left on the proverbial cutting floor when it comes to D C and there
    not releasing more books from rebirth and even new 52 in deluxe HC trades.
    But I'm.sure that Mister Miracle will be getting a quick release dlx HC

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    But I'm.sure that Mister Miracle will be getting a quick release dlx HC
    just like Omega men....oh wait...
    Seems like DC is aiming for anniversary dlx hc releases with these type of series. I can't really think of many that got an earlier oversized release, maybe Morrison's Bat stuff but but that was ages ago.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    just like Omega men....oh wait...
    Seems like DC is aiming for anniversary dlx hc releases with these type of series. I can't really think of many that got an earlier oversized release, maybe Morrison's Bat stuff but but that was ages ago.
    Speaking of Omega Men...ive only read the first 3 issues of MM, but I get the same feeling I did from Omega Men. It doesn't feel like anything special, but everyone is making the biggest deal about it. It honestly isn't that great. And when they spend 3 pages showing ...someone dying, for example (trying to keep it spoiler free), it really takes it out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    What does this thread think of the JSA Omnibus set 1-3? I was thinking of picking them up but you seem the most informed about this stuff.
    good old fashioned superhero stories told (mostly) in a modern style (bit more violence as well, just like every Johns series). Does a good job bringing u up to speed with continuity. If you are looking for a fun superhero ride where the fate of the world or even the space time continuum is at stake, it's a damn fine series.

Speaking of Omega Men...ive only read the first 3 issues of MM, but I get the same feeling I did from Omega Men. It doesn't feel like anything special, but everyone is making the biggest deal about it. It honestly isn't that great. And when they spend 3 pages showing ...someone dying, for example (trying to keep it spoiler free), it really takes it out for me.
    It's not that great. LOL. King is overrated. There I said it. The emperor has no clothes.

only read his Batman Rebirth so far, it was just okay. Didn't care for his style. Really looking forward to read the Vision ohc that's coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    good old fashioned superhero stories told (mostly) in a modern style (bit more violence as well, just like every Johns series). Does a good job bringing u up to speed with continuity. If you are looking for a fun superhero ride where the fate of the world or even the space time continuum is at stake, it's a damn fine series.
    I'll second this. Plus it reads really quick.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those interested in Omnibus sales stats, the figures for DC Omnibuses released in December 2017 are below:

Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus - 1,854
    Batgirl The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 817
    Green Arrow The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 – 593
    Justice League of America The Detroit Era Omnibus - 583

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hitman in discussions for the DC Direct TV pay channel. At least this isn't in discussion for the CWverse. If anyone gets a tv show over there next it should be Constantine.
    It's tough not to look at Hitman and say the discussions went like this:
    Hitman & Constantine have a little something in common..Garth Ennis. I think most any major Ennis work is worthy of adaptation. Ennis is one the topmost best comic writers to grace the medium. For me, he is Moore, Miller, Morrison, etc level.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hitman & Constantine have a little something in common..Garth Ennis. I think most any major Ennis work is worthy of adaptation. Ennis is one the topmost best comic writers to grace the medium. For me, he is Moore, Miller, Morrison, etc level.
    I agree 100 percent about his comics - except the adaptations so far haven't been so hot.

Preacher TV is awful. If it wasn't called Preacher, then maybe it would be OK. The actors are great. Don't get me wrong, but no way in hell is that whiny girl Tulip, nor is that dickhead Jesse. They got Cass right.

The Hellblazer movie was heavily based on Garth's work and that was horrible, too.

Of course, the Moore adaptations haven't been great either.....Oh well.