Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Given the choice of being damned for their association with Moore and keeping their hold on the Senate, it's clear to me Republicans are hellbent on the latter while not giving a shit about the former.
    If the turtle had his way, Alabama would delay the election because they would replace Moore as their candidate. But that doesn't appear to be happening as a new woman has come forward.

(New woman)

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...default-widget

(McConnell wants Moore to step aside.)

https://apnews.com/d8e5678cd3f1497ca...&utm_medium=AP

Season finale for John Oliver. He and his crew will be back in February.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's ecchi - I'm presuming the autowronger got you.
    Yup. I'm right now on my phone. Just noticed it.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I haven't been paying super close attention to Moore trying to sell this "Setup" bit, shouldn't his phone records from the time line up with if he called the youngest woman's home phone or not?

If she says he asked her for her number and a call was made by him to that number, it would establish that aspect of her story being true.
    How long do you think phone records are being kept? How long do you think they were kept in the pre-digital age?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    "a non-consensual sexual relationship"?? figures some male lawyer probably came up with that one. They try to disguise the violation with fancy words.
    As somebody said on twitter at the time: In that sense, a murder is just a non-consensual assisted suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    On the one hand, a Republican in that seat makes it easier for the GOP to pass some of their agenda that they are so desperate to pass, and makes it harder for Democrats to retake the Senate in 2018.

On the other hand, it's damning the entire Republican Party in the long term to have an association with Moore.
    If Moore wins, they will probably claim Democrats voted for him to damage the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I know what I'm getting into when I click on something like High School of The Dead. It's just that there's was some stuff I misjudged and was thrown by the "pervy" aspects that popped up.
    It's a weird sort of situation with Japan. Most shows now have to have some form of Fan Service to cater to the otaku or fanatics that have cropped up in Japan and have this weird idolization of anime girls over real women. Teen girls have an innocence unlike adult women. It's a really weird cultural thing that seems from the Neet culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    How do we rate Ranma 1/2? The Grandfather loves stealing women's underwear!
    Well it's normally classified as family shounen, and his actions are frowned upon, so there is some ecchi in there.

I don't wanna be that guy, but could we maybe move the Anime/Manga discussion to another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    I think the incidental casual nudity might be a deal-breaker if casual panty shots are.
    Nude shots, for the most part in opening are ment more for symbolic reasons, especially in the case of Your life in April opening. Where it gets pandering for me is the captains bouncing breasts in the opening of Gundamn seed.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh my gawd! This will be just as effective and make as big of a point as when they tried boycotting Starbucks and Hamilton! :O
    Or pouring out Jim Bean. Or protesting certain books or comics movies. Just hand them your money people.

The school yard is opened!

If Moore wins (growing "if" at this moment), will he fall in line and become a team player, or will he embarrass Republicans on a daily basis with his sharia law demands?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I can't comprehend this . . . we're seeing enough people come out of the military with untreated disorders and now they want to put people into this organization who have problems to begin with? Do they really expect this not to wind up with dead soldiers after someone snaps?
    No, I think they think that men and women who are more suicidal will be easier to send into a no win situation.

Some Mueller updates:

Mueller Russia Probe Moves To The White House; GOP's Math Problem On Taxes

Sit-downs with the special counsel

Current and former White House aides are expected to sit for interviews with special counsel Robert Mueller's team this week:

* Speechwriter and senior policy adviser Stephen Miller has reportedly already been in.
    * Communications director Hope Hicks, who also served on Trump's campaign from the earliest days, is expected to speak with investigators, though her lawyer opted not to provide a comment to NPR.
    * White House Counsel Don McGahn is expected to be interviewed or already has been.
    * Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner and his spokesman Joshua Raffel are also expected to speak with Mueller's team, or may have already.
    * And, former press secretary Sean Spicer and former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus did last month.
    What Mueller's org chart reveals about his Russia probe: Workload for the special counsel’s team — now 17 prosecutors — shows how he’s conducting probe and what may come next.

Mueller has been quiet about his investigation. But his org chart is revealing.

Basically, unlike the Clinton and Nixon probes, Mueller is running a smaller team with extreme specialties. It may balloon into a bigger team but that depends on if the perps cooperate or not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    On the one hand, a Republican in that seat makes it easier for the GOP to pass some of their agenda that they are so desperate to pass, and makes it harder for Democrats to retake the Senate in 2018.

On the other hand, it's damning the entire Republican Party in the long term to have an association with Moore.
    Uh, dude, Trump was accused by like 13 women during the election, and he just made fun of them and got elected president.

Moore will have no problem winning Alabama handily, and a week after the election no one is going to mention it any more.