Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1573

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I like sexy costumes as much as the next sad pervert, but I don't really see Sue wearing costumes that show off skin in a way that really makes sense with her character, that kills part of the fun of the costumes.

Hell, her showing skin below her neck in costume already seems odd lol.
    Yeah, I know is against her established character but just like Cyke, she can evolve.

Returning with a sexy costume (obviously not over the top like the 90's, LOL!) is a good way to make a marketing impact and statement.

And Susan isn't my type of female preference (I love me some brunettes/redheads) but she rocked those abs and thunder thighs with style and wouldn't mind seeing her return with proud sexy display indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't think they've ever flirted. Can you give any more info on where it could be or a scan of what your'e talking about?
    Wish I could remember.

Would have to check every appearance of them together.

I seem to be mostly drawn to Blondes in the comic verse. Though Jan and Wanda are beloved for being the characters they are.

But my blonde list of favorite females, in no particular order, but sorta, are:

Invisible Woman
    Saturn Girl
    Supergirl
    Sensor Girl (when she was thought to be Supergirl in disguise)
    Bat-girl/Flamebird
    Darkstar
    Captain Marvel (I'm a resistor; I like her more as the first Ms. Marvel)
    Power Girl (and absolutely not because of the cleavage!)

probably more but this is some list.

Whoa, that is such a cool concept or way of looking at it. The two possibly most intelligent characters, nearly always at extreme odds with each other, but both balanced (when possible) by

Susan, who is most correctly portrayed as one of the most decent, caring persons in all the Marvel Universe (and I don't want to hear anyone bring up Namor and so called indiscretions - because if you think about it, he's the 3rd side - or was - of Doom/Reed and this quality or essence we're talking about, maybe I'll muse on that for another post....)

is the key to their being better (Namor too!).

Susan was one of the first persons to answer the call of The Goddess, back in Infinity Crusade, the Goddess being more or less Warlock with no evil side (Magus) at all. I know that was more complicated, but as a Goddess worshipper myself, I dug that part of the Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I liked when Sue Judo-threw Doom, stating she had been trained by Reed Richards! Quite good, especially for the 1960's!
    I love Judo-Sue. The Emma Peel of the Marvel Universe!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Reed's slant to becoming a villain in many realities is a fitting counter to Doom's tendency to become a hero is some. It adds to their shades of grey and their rivalry. Obviously Sue's the major influence on Reed, though. Perhaps this is what Doom wanted when he chose a Sue consort in Secret Wars.
    Spot-on, Captain!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Yeah, I know is against her established character but just like Cyke, she can evolve.
    Hm... Cyke evolved into something somewhat fitting for his character though...

Returning with a sexy costume (obviously not over the top like the 90's, LOL!) is a good way to make a marketing impact and statement.
    Not sure about this, but hey, depending on how it looks it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Wish I could remember.

Would have to check every appearance of them together.
    Do you at least have an idea on when it could have happened? (Like if it was the 70's, or after a specific event) We can always use comicbookdb to see what issues both of them showed up, but having a reference would make it less of a headache.

It wasn't that old.

First one I remember was Uncanny 336 when they were trying to save Franklin Richards from Onslaught.

The second one was the one were they seemed flirty.

And X-Men 4 or 5 when they were working together in a jungle type scenario.

I may be missing more but off the top of my head.

BANNED

Why is this...

... what Sue experiences when she is stuck in a machine that makes her live her fantasies?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Why is this...

... what Sue experiences when she is stuck in a machine that makes her live her fantasies?
    You're talking about a misogynistic story in a series that's not even Fantastic Four where Sue is kidnapped and held hostage, needing to be rescued...
    Writers bring Namor in as a cheap tactic for drama, it's trashy story that does not benefit or represent the Sue. It shows the misogyny towards the character and how little writers actuallty develop her.

Sue is not interested in anyone other than her husband and it's time that you accept that. Like literally around the same time in the actual Fantastic Four comic:

Last edited by Crimz; 04-24-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

This reminds me that Sue really needs a female writer (or a male one that respects the character).

BANNED

This reminds me that Sue really needs a female writer
    Why would that be of any help?

I can think of at least one female user of this board that thinks that Sue is an idiot for not leaving her family for a violent villain that tries to kill her family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Why would that be of any help?

I can think of at least one female user of this board that thinks that Sue is an idiot for not leaving her family for a violent villain that tries to kill her family.
    Most female writers would not write a crappy story about Namor, or where the most powerful member just happens to be the one often kidnapped. Notice a pattern with all the stories about Namor and Sue? It's never about her. It's always about Reed and how it affects him and how he should be a better husband or something, she's not even the major character and focus in those trash stories.

With a female writer you are less likely to get stories where Sue is nothing more than an object for Reed to fight over, no stories where her life revolves around the men in it, no stories where she is somehow still neglected in a small 4 person team. A female writer greatly increases the chances of these things. One female fan liking these crappy stories doesn't change that.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-24-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I like sexy costumes as much as the next sad pervert, but I don't really see Sue wearing costumes that show off skin in a way that really makes sense with her character, that kills part of the fun of the costumes.

Hell, her showing skin below her neck in costume already seems odd lol.
    I do really like her costume from FF #387 though. It was somehow fitting regarding her circumstances at the time, and it plain looked good on her.

BANNED

Notice a pattern with all the stories about Namor and Sue? It's never about her. It's always about Reed and how it affects him and how he should be a better husband or something, she's not even the major character and focus in those trash stories.
    But the one we are discussing isn't like this. The story ends without Reed even knowing about Sue's fantasies, let alone be affected by it.

Sue even threated the one that saved her in order to stop her from telling Reed about Sue's dirty fantasies.

This one isn't about Reed. It's all about Sue.