Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I finally picked up my issue of the series and I enjoyed them. I knew Priest would bring back Slade's 3 dimensional characterization.

I heard the rumors that he may be the villain in the next Batman film. I hope so but I will hate to see Bat's take him down by himself.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So, we have discussion threads for the individual title, but no one seems to be talking here. A shame, since I think Slade and his supporting cast are incredibly well done in the current Priest run. And the recent announcement that Slade will be running a super team makes it even more exciting! What do people think about Slade's current and future direction?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, we have discussion threads for the individual title, but no one seems to be talking here. A shame, since I think Slade and his supporting cast are incredibly well done in the current Priest run. And the recent announcement that Slade will be running a super team makes it even more exciting! What do people think about Slade's current and future direction?
    Priest is sorta taking all the old, really bad aspects in past runs and showing how they can be really good stories.....

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Priest is sorta taking all the old, really bad aspects in past runs and showing how they can be really good stories.....
    I haven't read any of the old stories, but I think it's a really accessible (though hard to read on a biweekly basis - I tend to stock up and read them all in an arc) excellent comic. I'm very curious to see how they redo the Judas Contract...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Deastroke has been nominated for the Best New Series Eisner Award.

http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/05/...inations-2017/
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Hooray! Well worth it, though I kinda wish the art were more consistent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post

Pretty well deserved in my opinion.

Wow that's great news! Very well deserved.

Binged to the current issue.Was not prepared for the full on WTFery that is Slade Wilson but man am I glad I did.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Well Deserved!!!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Binged to the current issue.Was not prepared for the full on WTFery that is Slade Wilson but man am I glad I did.
    In an interview before the first issue hit Priest clarified that Deathstroke is not an anti-hero, he is a villain and he was going to write him that way. I wasn't sure if he could pull it off, but damned if he hasn't made Slade the biggest bastard in the DCU and I've loved reading every page. I've been saying this kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad (towards the end) or House of Cards. The protagonist is an evil asshole but theyre so compelling. There have been so many WTF moments during Priest's run. The Wilson have become one of the comic book world's most dysfunctional families.
    Even the side characters have been great. Before this book I couldn't care less about the new Power Girl, but now I love the character. Also Red Lion is a great addition to the DCU. A twisted/real world take on Black Panther. I want a Red Lion mini series written by Priest!

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Well deserved! It's my favorite comic run since Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman.

Of course, Slade is the best.

BANNED

Hey guys, I've been plowing through Priest's run. Great writer, great book. I have a question though. At the end of DS #1, the Red Lion makes the comment that someone paid a lot of money to get Slade to change his clothes (into the Ikon suit). Later, we learn that it was Adeline who made the deal with the Red Lion, but I can't figure out why she needed Slade in the Ikon suit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!