Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

Remake of what?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Seems a bit pointless since the other one is already a remake, whatever Kevin Smith says otherwise. They never had the rights to make Revelation be a direct sequel to the 80’s cartoon, hence why they’re changing the designs so quickly from the very similar toy designs they DO have the rights to.

Adam is a kid who turns into a adult from the 2002 series. Kelder is he-mans uncle from the mini comics. Orko is a robot?

Teela is the same age as man at arms? They are all teens like x-men evo? Who is the blue haired girl?

Ultimate Member

My 6 year old will love this.

But some 40 year old men will complain because there are women and minorities in it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Looks very different than the He-Man I remember but fun none the less.

BANNED

So it looks they basically merged Teela and the Sorceress into one character, which I don't get because why?
    It seems Duncan has been made into the typical squeaky voiced best friend character, who's the same age as Adam, and for some reason they're playing up the hi tech part of Eternia over the magical part.
    And they're going with the prince Keldor interpretation of Skeletor which does seem to be the default thing people go far ever since it was invented which I don't really like because what I always found fun about Skeletor is that he's evil because he likes it, I never thought he needed any deeper motivation or backstory.
    Plus the other Masters of the Universe just aren't around and Orko is a robot which, just doesn't feel necessary.
    I'm not feeling too hot on what I've seen so far but I'll give it a shot, after all Revelations had an awesome first trailer but still ended up being complete garbage so this might be the opposite: meh trailer awesome show.

Okay, thoughts:

- Sounds like Yuri Lowenthal as Adam/He-Man, Grey Griffin as Evil-Lyn, Kimberly Brooks as Teela and the Sorceress (?), Tom Kenney as Orko, and Antony Del Rio as Duncan (?).

- That is probably the most scrawny looking Adam yet.

- Definitely emphasizing Teela's connection to the Sorcereress right down to her transformation.

- I kind of get why everyone transforms now, not just Adam, and their transformed states look cool, although I feel like it takes away from the specialness of He-Man a little (even though he's still the champion here).

- Definitely looks like they're leaning into Keldor more than they have in other incarnations, even in the 2002 cartoon. Skeletor doesn't even seem to be his permanent form.

- Is Cringer like a wild cat here? He doesn't seem to be a fraidy cat, so I'm kind of curious how dramatic the Battle Cat transformation will seem.

- The Forces of Evil are Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, and Beast Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

But some 40 year old men will complain because there are women and minorities in it.
    I do wonder if they looked at Teela and thought "Oh, she's a redhead? Yeah, we definitely have to make her black in this" .

(Like they couldn't keep her hair red at least? I guess the white is more "mystical," like she's Storm).

I think this is the second remake of a beloved children's property from the 80's where Kimberly Brooks (at least I think it's her) has played the female lead. It sounds like she's also voicing the Sorceress, which I guess makes sense.

I don't get making Duncan an awkward teenager though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    So it looks they basically merged Teela and the Sorceress into one character, which I don't get because why?
    It seems Duncan has been made into the typical squeaky voiced best friend character, who's the same age as Adam, and for some reason they're playing up the hi tech part of Eternia over the magical part.
    And they're going with the prince Keldor interpretation of Skeletor which does seem to be the default thing people go far ever since it was invented which I don't really like because what I always found fun about Skeletor is that he's evil because he likes it, I never thought he needed any deeper motivation or backstory.
    Plus the other Masters of the Universe just aren't around and Orko is a robot which, just doesn't feel necessary.
    I'm not feeling too hot on what I've seen so far but I'll give it a shot, after all Revelations had an awesome first trailer but still ended up being complete garbage so this might be the opposite: meh trailer awesome show.
    I think the voice telling Teela to find the Champion is supposed to be the Sorceress, her transformed state probably looks like the Sorceress because it's her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

6 year old kids do seem to be the targeted audience if that trailer is any indication.

Which is all fine with me, was about that age when i first watched the old cartoon lol.

Voice cast:

The voice cast stars Yuri Lowenthal as He-Man/Adam, David Kaye as Cringer/Battle Cat, Grey Griffin as Evelyn, Antony Del Rio as Duncan/Man-at-Arms, Kimberly Brooks as Teela/Sorceress, Trevor Devall as R'Qazz/Beast Man, Judy Alice Lee as Krass/Ram Ma'am, Roger Craig Smith as Kronis/Trap-Jaw/General Dolos, Fred Tatasciore as King Randor/Baddrah, and Ben Diskin as Skeletor.

He-Man meets Final Fantasy meets...Power Rangers?

*shrugs* I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    He-Man meets Final Fantasy meets...Power Rangers?

*shrugs* I'm in.
    Well, I guess now that everyone can transform...

BANNED

Also I noticed that Cringer seems to be the mentor of the group now.
    Or at least the rational one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess now that everyone can transform...
    lol complete with a transformation call apparently.

Not a knock, of course, just an observation. Looks fun.

The evil warrior designs look really good, the heroes... kind of look like many other modern children action show designs. (Man-At-Arms armored up design gives me "Metroid" vibes.) The humor also feels like the same kind of gags we see in pretty much every DreamWorks kid show/movie trailer.

I like how they are finally outright stating that Keldor is Adam's uncle this go around. (Having only hinted at it in the 2002 series and original mini-comic.)

I am envious that children seem to be getting a "Masters of the Universe" series with He-Man playing a legitimate part in the series, whereas long time adult fans got "Revelations."
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"