Page 571 of 626 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe he really is writing Morrison's Jean. Maybe...
    Morrison's Jean would have thrown Orchis into the sun and then resurrected the entire X-Men team herself.

And it wouldn't be the first time she'd done something like that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    does anyone have any feat of jean reacting to lightning or something ftl ? i mean Jean without Phoenix and 616 only
    I take it you're in an argument with someone and need a feat? I can't particularly think of one but maybe another Jean fan here can?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I agree, which honestly is kind of shocking when you consider the fact that if any single character was the lead of Morrison's X-Men - no matter how certain posters feel about it - it was Jean Grey. And that it honestly felt like a natural extension of who Jean should be, and for many writers has been the motivation for their takes on her.
    Why is it shocking? Hickman focused on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto as the builders of a new world. The older generation of mutants got more focus and that includes Emma Frost.

Only now that individual titles are being launched do we see any of the XMen get focus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure, even with the prominence the X-men are currently receiving, it's fair to say at this point Marvel thinks of the Phoenix as a separate character from Jean. But more specifically, they don't have a singular problem attaching the PF to any character the favor at the moment. I hope so, because unlike so many prominent characters with iconic visuals, writers and editors don't really value Jean's contributions to the mythos. Besides I wouldn't be surprised that Hickman's long-term plan involves Quire becoming the Phoenix, it's definitely the direction some writers have been moving in this last decade.
    The Phoenix is attached to no worries me at the moment. Quite is not a popular or that marketable a character and Marvel focuses on marketability.

Example while Elizabeth Braddock recreated her English body and is the New Captain Britain, Marvel did not want to lose Asian Psylocke so Kwannon reclaimed her body and the code name Psylocke.

Thor was found unworthy and Jane Foster became the new Thor’s. Yet Thir got his hammer back again and is now Thor.

X-23 took the codenane Wolverine while Logan was dead. Logan came back and retook the name Wolverine.

Amanda Sefton was Magik until Illyana cape back and retook the name.

Dr. Strange lost being sorcerer supreme to Dr. Voodoo. Yet Strange is now sorcerer supreme.

Marvel ultimately sajones goes with the most marketable version of a character, and for Phoenix that is and will always be Jean Grey.

Chibi Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why is it shocking? Hickman focused on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto as the builders of a new world. The older generation of mutants got more focus and that includes Emma Frost.

Only now that individual titles are being launched do we see any of the XMen get focus.
    Emma i snot part of any old generation, she has the same age as Jean and she joined x-men on 2000s

Morrison's Jean would have thrown Orchis into the sun and then resurrected the entire X-Men team herself.

And it wouldn't be the first time she'd done something like that.
    With Morrison is really easy lost Jean character on it. First she saw U-man she panicked
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.

With Morrison is really easy lost Jean character on it. First she saw U-man she panicked
    ... And why is that a problem though? The U-Men were taking pieces of mutants and implanting them into their own bodies to give them powers. That's horrifying.

And sure, maybe she panicked at first but she pulled it together to lead the kids at the school to disorienting them and then stopped them all on her own. That's a win, imo.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She didn't panic. You're getting it completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    She didn't panic. You're getting it completely wrong.
    Spirit has a hate-on against Morrison's run and often times does this and just, misinterprets the whole thing. It's one of my missions on this board to call out the B.S.

Spirit has a hate-on against Morrison's run and often times does this and just, misinterprets the whole thing. It's one of my missions on this board to call out the B.S.
    Thanks. Does he hate Morrison's run because he didn't get it? I mean, it's quite obvious that Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-men.

... And why is that a problem though? The U-Men were taking pieces of mutants and implanting them into their own bodies to give them powers. That's horrifying.

And sure, maybe she panicked at first but she pulled it together to lead the kids at the school to disorienting them and then stopped them all on her own. That's a win, imo.
    Someone could say that she seeing her team dies and the sentinels she panicked and there wasn't enough time to react

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Thanks. Does he hate Morrison's run because he didn't get it? I mean, it's quite obvious that Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-men.
    In part. The rest of it is that he hates Emma, Scott, etc.

Someone could say that she seeing her team dies and the sentinels she panicked and there wasn't enough time to react
    What in the world are you talking about? The only time that Jean saw her "team" die was during the X-Corps arc, and there were no sentinels involved, just Weapon 11.

I really don't see Morrison as much positive for Jean, I don't drink the kool aid from the run for sure.

What in the world are you talking about? The only time that Jean saw her "team" die was during the X-Corps arc, and there were no sentinels involved, just Weapon 11.
    I'm talking about Jean panicking and no knowing what to do on Hous eof x from Hickman

Ah, ok, his opinion is biased by an obsessive hate of some characters. Which is sad, because characters are no responsible for what the writers make them say/do.
    Anyway, I loved Jean/Scott/Emma during Morrison's run. Actually, I loved pretty much everything about this run, except for Jean's death (especially the way she died) and the "Assault on Weapon Plus" was not my favorite part of it.

I'm talking about Jean panicking and no knowing what to do on Hous eof x from Hickman
    You're literally getting your wires crossed here, my dude. You said the U-Men, from Morrison's X-Men, not Orchis or the Orchis Sentinel's from House of X.

I agree about her feeling off with Orchis and their sentinels. She handled the U-Men readily.