Page 258 of 285 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4267
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

spaceboykenny

how to be perfect:
    1. Hold a puppy
    2. Be Jason Todd holding a puppy

zatou_08

Drew him after a long time #jasontodd #batman #redhood

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    @Denirac I'll give you credit, you weren't kidding when you said it was 'a controversial opinion', XD there's quite some push back here.
    Yeah, wasn't kidding XD.

A simple panel, but one of my favorite for the shade it throws at Harley (so tired of her).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A simple panel, but one of my favorite for the shade it throws at Harley (so tired of her).

And that was the moment when Jason fell in love with Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe basing a potential Harley & Jason relationship on something resembling a mutual sponsor/sponsee type of arrangement instead of anything romantic or intimate would be the better way to approach it. Under the right pen I think it could work (not that I have the slightest idea of who could do it).
    Lobdell on his best day like early Rebirth could probably make it work
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    @Denirac I'll give you credit, you weren't kidding when you said it was 'a controversial opinion', XD there's quite some push back here.
    I was tired of people saying "Controversial Opinion" and then saying something mundane
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Judging by the panel above, I don't think Lobdell particularly likes Harley.
    Tom Taylor would probably be the better choice - and Taylor has already written both characters in the Injustice universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Tom Taylor would probably be the better choice - and Taylor has already written both characters in the Injustice universe.
    I wouldn't say Lobdell particularly dislikes Harley, more sees her as unthreatening, unlike say.... Tom King who thinks she can solo the Trinity.
    Pull List:

I wouldn't say Lobdell particularly dislikes Harley, more sees her as unthreatening, unlike say.... Tom King who thinks she can solo the Trinity.
    Tom King is the personification of a Controversial Opinion thread.
    The whole team-up between Harley and Batgirl felt odd too. But it seems like Barbara is the batfam member Harley is the closest to now (not that Harley was close to any other member before.)
    Which is not a particular wrong move since both are victims of the Joker - and both are women which fits the female empowerment atmosphere around modern Harley.

(sorry for being off-topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Harley didn't set out to fall for Joker anymore than Jason expected to fall into his hands or Babs expected to find Joker on the other side of the door.
    See now, I agree she hadn't planned to become infatuated with the Joker, yes to that, but that's where the differences lie. Jason didn't expect to fall into the Jokers hands, but then what could he do about it? Nothing. Babs didn't expect to find Joker outside her door, but what could she have done? Nothing. They were either killed or severely paralyzed upon the Joker deciding their fate (or even sexually assaulted depending on your interpretation to Killing Joke). It's why I liken their victim hood to innocent bystanders or if we want to push it further as something akin to law enforcers killed/hurt whilst off duty. They didn't get a choice in the matter, and even if they had been hurt whilst fighting the Joker, their 'choices' would have been noble and altruistic and in order to stop Jokers terrorizing, again, more akin to law enforcers. (Later on Jason murders people and yes, that is his choice and he is responsible for his own criminal actions there, but his initial victimization was not something he could be held accountable for)

Now with Harley, she didn't expect to became infatuated with Joker whilst still as Harleen in the Asylum, and that certainly wasn't her fault and not something that could be controlled, but that's where her choices came into play. She felt infatuated with a mass murderer and despite that knowledge, she still wanted to be his lover, she was also his right hand man, she was killing and terrorizing people, she had a clown based persona of her own, those were HER choices. That was part of her agency. It's not just that Harley's love was something akin to people who become infatuated with serial killers and visit them in prison, she actively participated in his plans to terrorize innocent people often with nary a thought.

Is she a victim of the Jokers? Well, yes of course, eventually she certainly became one, he hurt her in ways she never expected. But given those points I mentioned and that context, I just don't think the victimization of Harley could be categorized in the exact same way as Jason and Babs, yet often times, that is how it is depicted. The nuance of her own agency and crimes are overshadowed by the victim she became.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-01-2019 at 11:47 AM.

I was tired of people saying "Controversial Opinion" and then saying something mundane
    After seeing so many 'I hate Character X', comments in the 'Controversial Opinion' thread, I completely agree XD

So... Titans has ended already.

I don't think the season was very good, but it ended definitely better than how it started. The last episode and the ones before that one were fun and enjoyable. But eh, pacing was all over the place in the last one, and it felt a little, I don't know, cheap (not because the writing this time, but because some more technical stuff. It may be just me though. I'm a bit too much nitpicking and I'm aware of it :/).

Spoilers ahead about Jason.
    spoilers:
    So they didn't kill him, which was what I expected; but they didn't make him rejoin the team either. It's arguable he's still joining Bruce as Robin, even. He seems to just be giving up on everything and going there carrying on with his probably very outlaw life. He isn't even coming back to the theatre. But, he got a cool bike. I guess we will know more next season, if we have one.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers about everything else.
    spoilers:

I wasn't expecting Donna to die, or at least, not like that. A bit out of the blue, I think. I liked how they came to be together again, and I like how the Hank and Dawn conflicting relationship was resolved. I'm not too sold on Gar being angsty; but then, he doesn't have a lot of issues to work with, so I can understand that they would give him these. Conner is lovely, I want to hug him forever. Dick puts himself together; was about time, good lord. Kori is cool, as always. Raven is cool, but I don't like her coolness, too marysueish; I can see why they've put her in a bus, so to speak; because right know, she's a bit too deus ex machina for whatever conflict they could bring to the table. Rose has soft redeemed herself and now has a plus one with Jericho in her, and all that can be a nice starting point for a developing arc. And Bruce, I love this Bruce. Please, let him be like that. He's like Finch in Person of Interest, and Finch was so, so, so much more fun and interesting to watch than Reese.

I guess that, whatever/whoever made the Alko meeting happen, was probably behind all the weird stuff this season: Dick's hallucinations, Rachel's out of control powers, Kori loosing hers, and Jason having a heavy PTSD with the falling. I don't buy it all happening because of Rachel's powers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-01-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: grammar mostly

That's a fair point, plus Lobdell did try something kinda similar by having Jason take Jokers daughter under his wing. Granted their partnership didn't work out in the end but that was due to her still being obsessed with Joker, unlike modern Harley.

Lobdell doesn't like Harley? What makes you say that? Shame if it's true, I was just rereading the Suicide Squad rhato teamup yesterday, I actually liked his voice for Harley.
    Same goes for Tom Taylor of course.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-01-2019 at 12:38 PM.

spaceboykenny

how to be perfect:
    1. Hold a puppy
    2. Be Jason Todd holding a puppy

Oh man, this just reminded me of Dog, I wonder if we'll see her again when Isabel returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So... Titans has ended already.

I don't think the season was very good, but it ended definitely better than how it started. The last episode and the ones before that one were fun and enjoyable. But eh, pacing was all over the place in the last one, and it felt a little, I don't know, cheap (not because the writing this time, but because some more technical stuff. It may be just me though. I'm a bit too much nitpicking and I'm aware of it :/).

Spoilers ahead about Jason.
    spoilers:
    So they didn't kill him, which was what I expected; but they didn't make him rejoin the team either. It's arguable he's still joining Bruce as Robin, even. He seems to just be giving up on everything and going there carrying on with his probably very outlaw life. He isn't even coming back to the theatre. But, he got a cool bike. I guess we will know more next season, if we have one.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers about everything else.
    spoilers:

I wasn't expecting Donna to die, or at least, not like that. A bit out of the blue, I think. I liked how they came to be together again, and I like how the Hank and Dawn conflicting relationship was resolved. I'm not too sold on Gar being angsty; but then, he doesn't have a lot of issues to work with, so I can understand that they would give him these. Conner is lovely, I want to hug him forever. Dick puts himself together; was about time, good lord. Kori is cool, as always. Raven is cool, but I don't like her coolness, too marysueish; I can see why they've put her in a bus, so to speak; because right know, she's a bit too deus ex machina for whatever conflict they could bring to the table. Rose has soft redeemed herself and now has a plus one with Jericho in her, and all that can be a nice starting point for a developing arc. And Bruce, I love this Bruce. Please, let him be like that. He's like Finch in Person of Interest, and Finch was so, so, so much more fun and interesting to watch than Reese.

I guess that, whatever/whoever made the Alko meeting happen, was probably behind all the weird stuff this season: Dick's hallucinations, Rachel's out of control powers, Kori loosing hers, and Jason having a heavy PTSD with the falling. I don't buy it all happening because of Rachel's powers.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Eh, the ending to Titans was a mess. Many of the reasons have been pointed out in the TV/Film thread for Titans. But Jason... Not a single word between Bruce and Dick about him. Not a word about his suicide attempt, depression, or feelings of abandonment. If he becomes an antagonist to the Titans in the future, can't say I blame him for it. With the two people that are supposed to be the closest to him, that's a low blow.
    end of spoilers