Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    BANNED

Damian died in silence saving Gotham from his mother, and he got 9 issues of Requiem stories. Dick died publicly saving the planet from an evil Justice League and he gets nothing.

Didio was too busy doing his happy dance to approve the funeral issue.

Dick didn't really do anything heroic in Forever Evil though. So he didn't really save anything. No one saw him die either. So I guess if they did do a public funeral for the rest of the world to think he was dead Batman would have had to tell the press I guess?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick didn't really do anything heroic in Forever Evil though. So he didn't really save anything. No one saw him die either. So I guess if they did do a public funeral for the rest of the world to think he was dead Batman would have had to tell the press I guess?
    Dick endured Superwoman's hormone problems--that's pretty heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Damian died in silence saving Gotham from his mother, and he got 9 issues of Requiem stories. Dick died publicly saving the planet from an evil Justice League and he gets nothing.

Didio has been doing his happy dance since the start of the New 52.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Damian died...Dick didn't.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Damian died...Dick didn't.
    Everyone thinks he did.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well, he was putting a bad guy in Arkham when he was caught. I think that's heroic, since Zsaszis crazy. He was targeted because he was a hero.

I agree with the sentiment that heroes who knew Dick should react to his death. If they don't, its poor and unbelievable writing. However, I can't judge until I see the next couple issues of Bat titles.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLawyer View Post
    Well, he was putting a bad guy in Arkham when he was caught. I think that's heroic, since Zsaszis crazy. He was targeted because he was a hero.

I agree with the sentiment that heroes who knew Dick should react to his death. If they don't, its poor and unbelievable writing. However, I can't judge until I see the next couple issues of Bat titles.
    That's kind of a problem with the New 52, Dick doesn't really know anyone.

Incredible Member

Probably most of the Gotham Police Force, and all of Dick's schoolmates were aware that he was an orphaned acrobat, taken in by Bruce Wayne. Gordon and Bullock must certainly have made the connection that the original, acrobatic Robin appeared months later. But all are aware he was Nightwing. Why isn't there massive public scrutiny of Wayne?
    Gerry

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Everyone thinks he did.
    Not the readers, who this "requiem" issues are for. There's no need to have a funeral issue if the readers know he's not dead. The "wake" could easily be off page.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Not the readers, who this "requiem" issues are for. There's no need to have a funeral issue if the readers know he's not dead. The "wake" could easily be off page.
    The issues are supposed to show how the characters are reacting to his "death", it would be good for character development with his relationships but he doesn't really have any relationships in the new 52.

BANNED

Nobody mourns for somebody they never knew. They might say, "Oh, that's too bad--he was so young," or something like that, but Dick couldn't be a bigger nobody in the new 52 if he'd been a homeless street person (which he pretty much was). Hope Spyral pays good and has a retirement/medical plan.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Nobody mourns for somebody they never knew. They might say, "Oh, that's too bad--he was so young," or something like that, but Dick couldn't be a bigger nobody in the new 52 if he'd been a homeless street person (which he pretty much was). Hope Spyral pays good and has a retirement/medical plan.
    I don't know why people keep saying this. Just because we didn't see 5 years of the New 52 continuity doesn't mean those years didn't happen. DG was Robin for a year, where he presumably met a lot of the DCU community through Batman, then he was Batman for a year, where he was presumably a member of the JL. I get that it's hard to swallow that since we didn't see it, but in DC New 52 continuity it happened

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying this. Just because we didn't see 5 years of the New 52 continuity doesn't mean those years didn't happen. DG was Robin for a year, where he presumably met a lot of the DCU community through Batman, then he was Batman for a year, where he was presumably a member of the JL. I get that it's hard to swallow that since we didn't see it, but in DC New 52 continuity it happened
    Stubborn fans with closed-minds go out of their way to compound their criticisms of these funny books, even if it means ignoring facts to back up their complaints. DC has given no indication that Dick has no relationships. The truth is that they've actually backed up those relationships by showing them in flashbacks. The fans just need something to complain about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Stubborn fans with closed-minds go out of their way to compound their criticisms of these funny books, even if it means ignoring facts to back up their complaints. DC has given no indication that Dick has no relationships. The truth is that they've actually backed up those relationships by showing them in flashbacks. The fans just need something to complain about.
    3 flashbacks WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing