Page 1416 of 1428 FirstFirst ... 4169161316136614061412141314141415141614171418141914201426 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,240 of 21418
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    More Dick Grayson!!

SDCC: DC Announces New Titles for YA Imprints DC Zoom, DC Ink

Dick Grayson: Lost Carnival will be written by Michael Moreci (Roche Limit)

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-dc-ink-dc-z...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Good. I liked this guy's Tec#982.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    First of all, let's make this clear. Dick didn't fire the gun, it was the goon. He is holding the guy. You can see this if you put the video in slow motion on Youtube.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1URiIw...dndN/giphy.gif

And he also didn't step on the guy neck, it was his jaw. Not very Grayson like, but less brutal i guess.

https://media.giphy.com/media/fZYruj...ould/giphy.gif
    Oh nah, I didn't have any problem with any of the other violence anyways, and yeah, it was obvious that the goon was firing the gun.
    But I gotta say if the intention was to imply that he was breaking the mans jaw instead of the neck it could have been better presented. Seeing a mans head turn with a cracking noise usually only ever is meant to imply one certain outcome. (Though perhaps that was the point and maybe it was meant to be intentionally misleading considering the rest of the 'edgy' tone of this trailer? *shrug) Thanks for the breakdown though, I mean, assuming your suggestion of the jaw break is correct, I do feel a bit better that they aren't making Dick out to be a full blown killer.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Thoughts on Dick's portrayl in the titans trailer? I feel like they got a good actor, but I'm not a fan of him saying eff Batman. I get he's young and this is a mature series, but he's always such a positive/charming character in the comics, it's weird to see him be that dark.

Especially weird considering jason todd is supposed to show up in the first season later on.
    The "@#$% Batman" line felt a little too try-hard for me.

And I know Dick can be brutal sometimes but that just didn't really look like how Robin fights to me, at least Dick's Robin.

But I think Dick's relationship with Rachel/Raven will bring out the positive qualities we usually associate with him.

Yeah, reading more I'm a bit put off by their version of Dick. Seems he and Batgirl are on really bad terms and he even resents Kid Flash maybe if that rumor is true because he is close with his mentor. Stuff like that always puts me off. It does feel like they are taking a lot of influences from the DCAU Dick and I hope that doesn't mean they will go with a Batgirl/Batman romance in this as a source for angst.

It was a little dark and overly edgy, but whatever. I’m still watching it. Dick could be an angsty Dick in the NTT days.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-19-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, reading more I'm a bit put off by their version of Dick. Seems he and Batgirl are on really bad terms and he even resents Kid Flash maybe if that rumor is true because he is close with his mentor. Stuff like that always puts me off. It does feel like they are taking a lot of influences from the DCAU Dick and I hope that doesn't mean they will go with a Batgirl/Batman romance in this as a source for angst.
    Where are you reading this?

All my fears have been put to rest good casting on Dick Grayson
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Where are you reading this?
    Can't find any credible sources. It was just rumored leaks I guess.

Sounds like the typical speculation/fanfiction, then.

I dunno, I think we would've known by now if Batgirl and Kid Flash were in this.

I checked Twitter on my break in work, I was really worried because my feed was solely negative reactions and, sadly, fans begging people to stop making racist comments about Anna Diop. I watched the trailer just now. It's not as bad as I expected. I like that they showed Halys circus and the dynamic between Raven and Dick was nice. I didn't like the "F*ck Batman" line. Lord knows Batman has earned a few eff yous but I feel that Dick wouldn't say that. It's more Jason or Damian. The CGI is pretty bad but that's to be expected on a low budget show. Unfortunately I still hate Starfires costume. Any chance that this is her best attempt at dressing as human, or she nabbed these clothes on the fly, fleeing from the Gordanians?

Incredible Member

Honestly I like the fact that they did this. It gets people talking and creates a buzz rather you like it or slam it. The worst thing would be no one talking at all which sadly if they went the way some suggest it would just be like Cloak and Dagger. The more they talk about Dick Grayson the better for the character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Sounds like the typical speculation/fanfiction, then.
    All it was is that Kid Flash was referenced. Donna being on the show and the confirmation of the darker tone gave the rumors flying around more credibility I think, but we will know for certain eventually.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was a little dark and overly edgy, but whatever. I’m still watching it. Dick could be an angsty Dick in the NTT days.
    That appear to be exactly what they are going for
    don't worry Donna troy will be visiting to help him out

Fantastic Member

“The trailer really highlights Akiva Goldsman, Greg Berlanti and I have done to honor Marv and George in the 80s. It was the first time you ever saw two superheroes in bed together. We’re trying to honor that spirit of envelope pushing.”

Johns went on to tease appearances for Donna Troy and Jason Todd as well as an eventual Nightwing evolution for Dick Grayson, “Dick is really trying to leave Robin behind,” he said, talking of his “bad break” with Batman, “so you might guess where he’s going to end up.”

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-geoff-johns-spotlight/